U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

Is it just me or was POP bagged on when it came out? I remember buying it the first day and loving it but among my group of friends,it seemed like I was the only one. Of course Rolling Stone probably loved it back then but it seems that many fans were not pleased with the new direction. Now it seems to be everyone's favorite U2 album. This is still my favorite U2 show that I have seen. My only complaint is that I didn't see Oasis as an opener, rather some DJ.

Mofo, I Will Follow, Gone, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Last Night On Earth, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet), Desire, Staring At The Sun, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet), Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet), Please, Where The Streets Have No Name
encores: Discothèque / Whole Lotta Love (snippet), If You Wear That Velvet Dress, With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet), Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Mysterious Ways, One, Unchained Melody

Is it just me or was POP bagged on when it came out? I remember buying it the first day and loving it but among my group of friends,it seemed like I was the only one. Of course Rolling Stone probably loved it back then but it seems that many fans were not pleased with the new direction. Now it seems to be everyone's favorite U2 album. This is still my favorite U2 show that I have seen. My only complaint is that I didn't see Oasis as an opener, rather some DJ.

Mofo, I Will Follow, Gone, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Last Night On Earth, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet), Desire, Staring At The Sun, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet), Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet), Please, Where The Streets Have No Name

encores: Discothèque / Whole Lotta Love (snippet), If You Wear That Velvet Dress, With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet), Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Mysterious Ways, One, Unchained Melody

Pop was always my favorite album. Always will be. It's perfect from start to finish. 90s U2 > 80s U2. There, I said it.

'Please' should comeback. Full band version, of course.

Oh, as for the teaser. Hopefully Crystal Ballroom will be played as well.

90s U2 was better than 80s U2. Mostly on the strength of Achtung Baby, Zoo TV and and Bono's Fly and Macphisto personas though I think. I don't think Zooropa or Pop are better albums than Boy or Joshua Tree and possibly Rattle and Hum. Their music in the 90s as a whole was more interesting I think. It's liek they've released all their albums in trilogy style

Boy

October

War

Unforgettable Fire

Joshua Tree

Rattle and Hum

Achtung Baby

Zooropa

Pop

All That You Can't Leave Behind

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

No Line on the Horizon

Songs of Innocence

Songs of Experience (hopefully)

Songs of Ascent (Hopefully)

90s U2 was better than 80s U2. Mostly on the strength of Achtung Baby, Zoo TV and and Bono's Fly and Macphisto personas though I think. I don't think Zooropa or Pop are better albums than Boy or Joshua Tree and possibly Rattle and Hum. Their music in the 90s as a whole was more interesting I think. It's liek they've released all their albums in trilogy style

Boy

October

War

Unforgettable Fire

Joshua Tree

Rattle and Hum

Achtung Baby

Zooropa

Pop

No Line on the Horizon

Songs of Innocence

It seems you just lumped the albums in 3s

Boy

October

War

Unforgettable Fire

Joshua Tree

Rattle and Hum

Achtung Baby

Zooropa

Pop

No Line on the Horizon

Songs of Innocence

It seems you just lumped the albums in 3s

Obviously, Trilogy means 3.

If you look at the styles of those groups of albums though it seems they try to switch things up every three albums. The change isn't as noticeable though from NLOTH to SOI as it has been in the past. It's very obvious though styles changed from War-UF, from Rattle and Hum - Achtung Baby and from Pop - ATYCLB

Edited by Bono

It's funny how Pop has the most singles released out of any U2 album, but it's widely considered one of their weakest releases; I'd blame it mostly on the underwhelming PopMart tour, and the shift towards pop-rock

I'm partial towards their post-punk era, but everything Eno and Lanois have done with and for U2 has been magic

Are these on instagram? Does U2 have an instagram?

Also, I'm still confused as to how these lights on the tour they keep talking about work. I understand the technology from the Invisible video will be used, but I read something about screens following the stage, etc.? I don't know. I guess we'll see in a week or so. I know I won't be able to hold back on not looking at videos and whatnot. And the variety in setlists will determine how many shows in NYC I try to do.

yeah they have an instagram account. The videos are released on their and on their youtube account. Using just pictures for some fo the days is a cop out though. lazy haha.

I think the screens will be very much like what NIN use for their live shows. I think what is going to happen and I'm only speculating is the screens will be able to move up away from the stage and then they will be lowered to either side of the runway. The band will be squished between the screens and the to screens will divide the area inot two. People in the stands won't be able to see across to the stands on the other side. When the songs don't require this kind of lighting I think they will rasie the screens up and away making the arena one again.

What I wonder though is what kind fo screen will they have on the main stage? They sold tickets behind the stage so if the LED screens light up the people sitting back there won't be able to see the band at all. Only the screens. You can see how the NIN screens work below as well as U2 testing the lights in the Invisible video and then the picture is how I think they're going to have the band between two screens on the runway. I'm pretty excited to see how it works. So glad I'll get a firts look at it on night #1 of the tour.

11185778_10155568828360397_161923082_n.j

Also don't forget that U2 is on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night. They are the only guests scheduled. Most likely multiple performances and skits and games and interviews with the band. They filmed it all on Tuesday. the band is back in Vancouver now.

U2 in "disguise" in NYC subway station busking(sorta). I gotta admit it's not the most impresive street performers I've seen haha. Stll would be awesome for the people who saw it.

• Like 1

Apparently the setlist for Fallon's show was Beautiful Day, Angel of Harlem and Song for Someone..Angel of Harlem wasn't aired, the two other songs aren't going to generate a lot of hype for the tour though :P

The band's definitely in top form, definitely no slack shown tonite

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/127291

Edited by Gackt

They didn't even need to perform. That teaser trailer of what the tour will look like was fucking awesome. Bono sounded REALLY good n both Beautiful Day and Song For Someone though.

Apparently the setlist for Fallon's show was Beautiful Day, Angel of Harlem and Song for Someone..Angel of Harlem wasn't aired, the two other songs aren't going to generate a lot of hype for the tour though :P

The band's definitely in top form, definitely no slack shown tonite

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/127291

Wow that is a great version of Angel Of Harlem! Really kickass, my fears that Bono's accident would interfere with the tour has now vanished

Bono, do you use the name Halluncination on interference? And Black Sab, wil you be at the 7/31 MSG show?

I do and I kinda hate everyone there now haha. That place has changed since the 360 tour. The people over there are worse than some of the Axl worshipers here haha. Say anything negative over there and you're called out. Say anything positive over there and you're called out. Say this is your favourite song and you're called out. Say you don't like the same song and you're called out. Say you enjoy lining up all day for GA to get a good spot and you're called a rail bitch. Say you don't wanna line up all day and you're called not a ture fan. Say you think it's only fair that people can't save spots in line for friends to show up ten minutes before the doors open and you're called a line nazi. Say you think you should be allowed to save a spot and people say you're unreasonable and disrespectfuyl to those who lined up. The only people who are allowed to post their opinions over there are the ones with 40 000+ posts it seems. There's been a handful of times over the last month where I've been right about things and was mocked for suggesting it in the begining. Then when I've been proven right, it's all but ignored and the long time posters with a billion posts take credit for it. Example the stage design incorporating the 1 and the e. I suggested that and they laughed and laughed and then we find out that is infact what it is and others take credit for suggesting it haha. Also last night I read some fucked up post about a guy who felt because he's been to a certain amount fo u2 shows that he was entitled to be let into their dress rehearsal Friday night and the fact he was denied has caused him to boycott the shows. Like WTF????

U2 fans are fucked up. I hate them haha.

• Like 1