U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

"i" Stage

1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)

2. Out of Control (w/ "Do You Remember Rock n' Roll Radio?" snippet)

3. Vertigo (w/ "God Save the Queen" snippet)

4. I Will Follow

5. Iris (Hold Me Close)

6. Cedarwood Road

7. Song for Someone

8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Acoustic version without final verse)

9. Raised by Wolves (w/ "Psalm 23/Love Rescue Me" snippet)

10. Until the End of the World

Intermission

"e" Stage

11. Invisible

12. Even Better Than the Real Thing

13. Mysterious Ways (w/ "Burning Down the House" and "Young Americans" snippets)

14. Desire

15. Sweetest Thing

is the setlist so far tonight apparently..not bad at all, mixing in the old with strong support for the new album

Edited by Gackt

Lol I'm going off of U2gigs.com now, setlist.fm is sketchy

"i" Stage
1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
2. Out of Control / Do You Remember Rock n' Roll Radio?
3. Vertigo / God Save the Queen
4. I Will Follow
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song for Someone
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Acoustic version without final verse)
9. Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23/Love Rescue Me
10. Until the End of the World
Intermission to "e" Stage
11. Invisible
12. Even Better Than the Real Thing
13. Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House / Young Americans
14. Desire
15. Sweetest Thing
16. Every Breaking Wave
17. Bullet the Blue Sky
18. The Hands That Built America / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19. The Troubles
20. With or Without You
Encore
21. City of Blinding Lights
22. Beautiful Day / I Remember You
23. Mother and Child Reunion / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) / All You Need is Love
24. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Invisible
Edited by Gackt

Seems like the first show is over with now; not surprised the first show would be all of the "big hits" mixed with Innocence, VERY surprised that One wasn't played and neither was Bad

Maybe the second night will give albums like Zooropa and Pop some time to shine

And apparently Edge fell off the stage after ISHFWILF :axl:

Edited by Gackt

Spoke too soon about the encore :lol: I'm OK with that ending, though.

As much as I'm glad they played a chunk of the new album, I hope they play others from it (Crystal Ballroom, Sleep Like A Baby) and not Raised By Wolves or Iris.

Hope we get some deeper cuts, but cool to see Sweetest Thing. Hoping to see more Zooropa and Pop.

And so it began

The show was incredible. That's all I can say really. |It was just awesome. They started with a bang and kept it going all night. Probably the most up tempo U2 show I have ever seen. Also it was far and away the absolute best sounding arena show I have ever been to. The sound was off the charts.

Best song of the night- Surprisingly Iris off the new album I thought was the best performance

Biggest surprise - I actually really liked The Sweetest Thing(not a fan of that song until tonight)

Coolest moment of the night - The kid Bono pulled up on stage during Beautiful day is my buddy's son.

Most awkward moment - The show ending with The Edge falling off the a stage

Spoke too soon about the encore :lol: I'm OK with that ending, though.

As much as I'm glad they played a chunk of the new album, I hope they play others from it (Crystal Ballroom, Sleep Like A Baby) and not Raised By Wolves or Iris.

Hope we get some deeper cuts, but cool to see Sweetest Thing. Hoping to see more Zooropa and Pop.

Iris was amazing. best performance of the night and they really elevated it live. And I have a feeling Friday they will play either California or Volcano or both. Leaving both of those out seems odd to me and I really hope they play them Friday as they are my two favourite fast songs on the album. Raised by Wolves will be a regular. Probably won't ever come out of the set on this tour. The visuals and theme are tailored to it. Of course there's a chance they have a different theme going on the second night.

Edited by Bono

Glad to hear the show was great and you had a great time. How's is rank to a 360 show?

And I like Iris, but not one of my favorites from the album. Wolves is my least favorite, so that's why I'm hoping they do something different, or at least just play the songs I'm hoping for :lol:

Regardless, hope they don't skimp on the deep cuts on this tour. And I expect a BB King tribute tomorrow.

Tonight, even with all the miscues(opening night) it was the best U2 show I've seen. The way the show started and the sound quality and the fact my seats were incredible just all added up to this being the best U2 show I've seen. I was pleasantly surprised by songs too which helps. My brother has been with me to see them 4 times now and he agreed this was the best show he's seen of theirs. He actually said after the show that mid way through he started thinking U2 should do a rock opera and tella story from start to finish during their shows. he said it would be awesome.

Also after the grandiose, extravagant, massive 360 tour it was really cool to see them come out on fire and open the show with 4 straight songs with minimal stage production. Just some lights and the band. It rocked. I can't wait to go again tonight.

Edited by Bono

Bono's been accident prone for a while but he has to remember he's not a young guy and recovery time is going to take longer. I guess it's rubbing off on Edge (who didn't see the edge..har har) It'll be interesting to see if they're going to radically change the setlist for each show.

I'm a little curious on what happened to the whole "Innocence and Experience" theme of the show and setlist; it seems like the big shift between stage setlists was only moving over to the other side..

News outlets are having a little too much fun with the "The Edge fell off the edge of the stage" headline this morning :lol:

Edited by Gackt

How's the stage show? Doesn't look that impressive (which is fine if they are going for the scaled back thing!)

This gives you kind of an idea. It is scaled back but with an incredible video screen that runs the length of the arena. The lighting and sound was amazing

Second night got California in full. First performance of When Love Comes To Town since '93 and Miracle Drug since '05. They apparently did a Mofo snippet though, so hopefully that's a sign of better things to come.

Either way, I'm still going to go to at least one of the MSG shows, but if there's more setlist variety I'll go to more than one.

Tonight's show was WAY better.

- Ending with One was way better than ending with ISHFWILF

- Miracle Drug actually kicked ass but maybe wasn't known too well to the masses so a bit of an odd choice to start the last encore with. It did rock though.

- Bad was awesome!

- Angel of Harlem into When Love Comes to Town absolutely destroyed the Desire/Sweetest Thing set from night one. AOH and WLCTT was the highlight of the night by far

- Sound was even better tonight I thought.

- The Edge didn't fall off the stage tonight :lol:

They played California which was cool but it didn't seem to fit where it was. Out of Control was much better. Plus the transition from Vertigo to California was a bit too long. Like 10-15 seconds or so but still it was noticeable and then they played a song most didn't know so..... California should come later in the set somewhere. Volcano should be played right after Vertigo. It would work well but keep Out of Control. It has so much energy and it's a perfect song to have at the start of the set.

Also I know the casual fans love Mysterious ways, you can tell by the reaction it gets when it starts but that section of the show would be so much cooler with either Ultraviolet, Crystal Ballroom or Discotheque. Discotheque would be so awesome after EBTTRT. they also do need a much more interesting visual effect on screen during Invisible. Just my opinion but where's that cool motion reacting lights they used in the actual music video?

One minor complaint. I don't like Bono doing the whole (RED) and HIV speech before Where the Streets Have No Name. I fully understand why he's doing it but to play bad and then stop the music altogether for a speech and then start again... loses the magic a tiny bit.

I'm seriously considering adding more shows. Last night and tonight were just amazing. Tonight I think may have been the best U2 show I've seen. That Angel of Harlem / When Love Comes to Town set was so incredible and the arena was on fire. the fans loved it.

Edited by Bono

U2's playing San Jose tonight and tomorrow; if it's the same setlist as Vancouver I'm done following this tour :lol:

I really hope it's not. I honestly don't think it will be, but I'll be disappointed if it is.

Still plan on seeing at least one show, but with the ticket costs and the distance these shows are for me, I don't want to try to do more than one if the setlists aren't varying much. Bring out more Pop!