U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

From their site:Tickets for the additional U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 shows will go on general sale Monday, Dec. 15. U2.com subscribers who have not already utilized their code and new subscribers may access tickets at U2.com from Wednesday, Dec. 10 at 10 a.m. through Friday, Dec. 12 at noon (all times local). Tickets will be general admission on the floor and reserved seating in the stands.

So YES if you sign up now you should get a code but the presale is only open for another 3.5 hours. GET ON IT!
Worst case scenario with signing up is you still get stuff even if you're too late for a presale. Here's the link to the different packages you can sign up for http://www.u2.com/service/subscribe
Edited by Bono

Yes sir, you get the code right away on the tour page. However, anyone who was already a member gets first access to the pre-sale. New members have a different log on time but when I did it, despite not getting floors, there were tons of spots available and I went on way late into the pre-sale.

Edit: Didn't even see Bono's post. :lol:

Edited by James Bond

Right. The other 2 concerts at the Ziggo Dome just sold out in minutes. Didn't get any. The field tickets were 72,- Seated tickets ranged from 180,- to 40,-. The latter were probably for sitting on the toilet while the gig played, as nearly everything in the first ring were 180,- and nearly everything in the second ring 104,-.

The worst part is, they're already on the Dutch version of eBay for roughly 3 times the original price. <_<

Fuck this shit.

yeah cause you're such a William Blake fan and this was just blasphemy what they did, naming their album after his work. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am actually, a huge fan, have been since i was 13 years old and i first read The Tyger from Songs of Expierience. Probably out of my top 5 poets of all time, I could recite some of em to you too. Rock music has a history of ripping him off, just ask Jim Morrison.

Edited by Lennie Godber

yeah cause you're such a William Blake fan and this was just blasphemy what they did, naming their album after his work. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am actually, a huge fan, have been since i was 13 years old and i first read The Tyger from Songs of Expierience. Probably out of my top 5 poets of all time, I could recite some of em to you too. Rock music has a history of ripping him off, just ask Jim Morrison.

I bet William Blake would've loved the homage. U2's pretty universal and the album's beautiful.

I bet William Blake would've loved the homage. U2's pretty universal and the album's beautiful.

What, you mean the man who considered industrialisation a pox on society would be a fan of a big corporate rock band yeah? :lol:

What, you mean the man who considered industrialisation a pox on society would be a fan of a big corporate rock band yeah? :lol:
The art, the songwriting and lyrics. Awesome album. But whatever, man. No one is pointing a gun at you telling you to post at threads of bands you don't enjoy so. I don't do it and it feels great. Try it. :)

The art, the songwriting and lyrics. Awesome album. But whatever, man. No one is pointing a gun at you telling you to post at threads of bands you don't enjoy so. I don't do it and it feels great. Try it. :)

It doesn't pain me to point out i dislike something, it has as much value or importance as pointing out I like something :shrugs: And it's not meant to be considered a slight or personal insult towards anyone who does like the band either, just an opinion of one random guy exercising his ability to have an opinion, it's almost entirely meaningless except as an expression of where my head is at one that day...and why should that matter to anyone so much or even me to where I would seek to avoid doing it as a form of refreshment?

Edited by Lennie Godber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can get GA tickets for a "reasonable" price for the last two MSG shows. Around $180 a piece when the other shows are like $250+. I would think the last two would be more expensive, so honestly I don't get why they're the cheapest but I'm not complaining. Would have liked to pay normal price obviously, but $180 isn't horrible I guess.

I can get GA tickets for a "reasonable" price for the last two MSG shows. Around $180 a piece when the other shows are like $250+. I would think the last two would be more expensive, so honestly I don't get why they're the cheapest but I'm not complaining. Would have liked to pay normal price obviously, but $180 isn't horrible I guess.

Whoa! be careful with buying the GA tickets on resale. As far as I'm aware all the GA tickets were paperless tickets and for you to be able to enter the shows you need to provide the credit card that the tickets were originally purchased with. So either you buy the tickets and attend with the person who originally bought them or you're gonna get fucked over and not be able to enter.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa! be careful with buying the GA tickets on resale. As far as I'm aware all the GA tickets were paperless tickets and for you to be able to enter the shows you need to provide the credit card that the tickets were originally purchased with. So either you buy the tickets and attend with the person who originally bought them or you're gonna get fucked over and not be able to enter.
From what I understand, people had the option for paperless, but hard or printable tickets were still an option.

Prices are gradually going down a bit for the final 3 MSG shows on stubhub, so I'm hoping to do 2, maybe 3.

Edit: Actually, the NY shows were the only ones with other options other than paperless, so glad I got that cleared up.

The more I listen to Songs of Innocence the more I truly believe this is easily their best album since Achtung Baby

And to think these two were left off the main album and only made available on the bonus disc of the delux release. Invisible is't even listed. Simply a "hidden" track at the end. Ther live shows are going to be amazing.

The Crystal Ballroom

Invisible

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1