U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

The GA during the 360 tour was cheaper than lower bowl I believe too.

I doubt the majority of the GA tickets for each show will be given to sponsors.

I'm only worried about GA myself, anyway.

haha you got that right. Lower Bowl on the 360 tour was $250 and up. GA was between $55 - $90

Ticket prices are retarded. And people complain about GNR charging $100-$150 for the good seats/GA...

Lower bowl at ACC usually goes for ~$90 for bands like GNR, BS, RHCP etc...

Comparing a GnR show to a U2 show though is ridiculous. With U2 you'll get something new, something awesome, a new setlist and singer you can hear.

I've never seen GA cheaper than lower bowl so that's a little out of the ordinary. Seems very reasonable but i wouldn't be surprised if the majority are already assigned to Apple and other sponsors.

U2 GA tickets on the last tour were average 75% cheaper than lower bowl tickets and nosebleed seats for most shows were $30.

For the first time I will say they've kinda fucked over their fanclub members. I've been a paying member since 2003. Have never let my subscription expire and for my loyalty this is what I'm offered in the presale

1.The option to buy up to 2 tickets for one show in Europe. That's it. 1 or 2 tickets for ONE show.

OR

2. The option to buy 2 tickets to ONE show in North America

OR

3. the option to buy 1 ticket for 2 separate shows in North America.

That is FUCKING STUPID!!! It's one of those options. not a combination of them.

- So if I buy tickets to a show in Europe my presale is useless for North America. And they aren't allowing you to use the presale code for two separate shows in Europe which is horseshit considering they are promoting it as two totally different shows. Hence the reason they are playing multiple dates in every city.

- Also in North America if I want to attend two shows I have to buy individual tickets. Can't fucking go with a friend. If I go with a friend I can only buy tickets to one show. And again if I choose to use my presale code for North America I can't use it again for a show in Europe.

This is complete and utter bullshit. It's a pretty big slap in the face to fans who have willingly paid all these years basically for the presale. It's the only reason I've kept my membership current and now it's a complete joke. They should've just kept it simple and allocated 4 tickets to each fanclub member who were registered before the announcement and allow us to use the tickets for whatever show we want. Another piss off is the presale is tomorrow and they are still allowing people to sign up for the fanclub. That to me is bullshit. Welcome ALL scalpers! Please sign up last minute for your chance at great tickets so you can rip fans off later by reselling them!. Seriously what a joke. They should have discontinued any and all new memberships until the presales were over.

It's not rocket science to run this shit. can't believe they come up with the most stupid, confusing and lame system imaginable.

Might as well change the name of the tour from Innocence and Experience to Innocence OR Experience

i haven't been following everything, but is bono going to be able to tour due to his injuries?

I would assume so given they just announced 44 shows in 19 cities across Europe and North America. the tour kicks off in Vancouver in mid May so it's still over 5 months away

Well I powered my way through a french only website to purchase two GA tickets to the show in Montreal on Friday, June 12th. Pretty stoked for this. Now if only the Montreal canadiens can make the Stanley Cup finals I'd definitley be at a place called vertigo.... yeah I said that. Shoot me now haha.

Well I powered my way through a french only website to purchase two GA tickets to the show in Montreal on Friday, June 12th. Pretty stoked for this. Now if only the Montreal canadiens can make the Stanley Cup finals I'd definitley be at a place called vertigo.... yeah I said that. Shoot me now haha.

A secondhand site or what?

Of course I'm stressing because the only pre-sales are for Fan Club members and I don't have that, so I have to wait until the general sale to try to get 2 GA tickets for each of the MSG shows.

A secondhand site or what?

Of course I'm stressing because the only pre-sales are for Fan Club members and I don't have that, so I have to wait until the general sale to try to get 2 GA tickets for each of the MSG shows.

No it was a partner site with ticketmaster called evenko.ca I'm not sure how it works for actual seats but for GA there are no hard copy tickets, no will call tickets, no email tickets, nothing. It's credit card entry only. You need to show up with your ID that matches the name on the credit card that was used to purchase the "tickets" and that's how you get in.

yeah I'm gonna try my luck in the general sale on Monday as well. I want tickets to the second night in Montreal as well. I'm gonna splurge though and buy lower bowl seats so I'm hoping the rush for those insanely expensive seats won't be too crazy. I gotta agree with Coma16 though now. I didn't realize the prices were THAT high. I mean for Montreal it's $305 BEFORE sales and service taxes. That's pretty fucking lame. But losers like me will pay it I guess.

Edited by Bono

I'll probably try to catch them in Chi.

Kicking myself for missing the 360 tour. Absolutely legendary. This one seems a little stripped down but if they keep a similar setlist with some revolving door deep cuts, then it'll be worth every penny

I don't know man. :( I saw them in 2009 on their 360 tour. Good show, shit venue (the Amsterdam Arena, which has the acoustics of a poorly built bathroom). This venue is a lot better, but I'd mostly care for the old material. Not sure if they'll play much of that. Plus I hate Bono's speeches about how people are horrible and we should do something. I mean, the thing on the 360 tour with the masks of that woman in Myanmar... I get it, but I don't like that taking up so much time from something I paid money to see (and expecting a rock show). So yeah. Not sure. Might go if I have some cash to spare or if I can get good second hand ticket.

Edited by username

I haven't seen U2 since the POPMART tour in 97&I'm fine with that. I'll probably catch them on their farewell tour in ten years. Back in the day we slept out for tickets. None of this online or fan club bullshit.

Ha! I miss that charm! The most recent Stones tour had a proper ticket sale at our local record store. Just the whole vibe of camping out there the night before was ace! Hadn't done that in years! And it's such a shame because it had SO much charm and it's just so much fun. ^_^ I miss that. It just felt more fair and real and the people were always great.

• Like 1

I miss the whole camping out thing too however I'm happy as fuck it's not that way now because I live over 2000 km away from the nearest ticket outlet let alone the nearest venue they are playing. I'd be completely fucked.

My favourite camp out was for Guns N' Roses in 1993. camped out overnight for lineup tickets. About 500 people ended up in line. I got ticket #11 and a week later we came back and lined up in order to but our tickets. If for example #6 wasn't in line when it was their turn tough shit. On to #7

As for Bono's political / humanitarian speeches they take up all of 5 minutes. Skipping a show for that wouldn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

Bono, what do you think of that stage setup with the long catwalk? As this forums biggest U2 fan I must say it excited me. Just knowing U2 is touring next year is wild. I let my fan club membership lapse this year, but after your story I don't feel too bad about it. Had mine since 2001. What cities are you going to hit up other than Canada.