U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

Lucifer's Hands is really good. Nice little head-nodding riff to it. Would likely swap that with Raised By Wolves if given the chance.

The Crystal Ballroom is kind of great. Got a nice groovy beat to it. A bit of a Pop feel? Maybe? Nice little Edge solo at the end too.

The acoustic versions are all on the same track and only listened to the first, which is Every Breaking Wave. Very nice rendition and Bono sounds great on the alternate vocals as well. Looking forward to listening to the rest.

• Like 2

Acoustic Session version of California is really good as well. My favorite thing about these is probably the focus on Bono's vocals. Maybe unintentional, but being acoustic versions you can obviously focus on his voice more.

As a whole, the acoustic version of Raised By Wolves isn't amazing, but I like how Bono's vocals aren't as "produced" as they are on the original version, especially during the chorus.

Hearing stuff like this makes me so baffled when people say Bono can't sing. I mean, really? He's not Freddy Mercury, and his voice is a little shakier nowadays with certain things, but overall he's still a great singer.

Acoustic Cedarwood Road is very good. A bit more of a "raw" acoustic sounding.

Song For Someone is the next real "standout" acoustic track I think, next to Every Breaking Wave, which may be the best.

The Miracle works really well acoustic as well. Might even be better than the original version? Hard to say, but it's very good.

I'm afraid the video is available only on FB: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153458076501686&set=vb.5678046685&type=2&theater

Pitchfork article about it, including new official video: http://pitchfork.com/news/57080-bono-apologizes-about-songs-of-innocence-release-u2-share-the-miracle-of-joey-ramone-video/

The bonus tracks are pretty good! Listening to the acoustic versions next.

Edited by ProstituteComa

The cover works better in a tangible sense, but I'm still not crazy about it. I don't particularly hate it, though.

Still have to listen to the remix of Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, but the alternate version of The Troubles is alright. Glad they went with the album version, which is actually one of my Top 3 favorites, if not my favorite. I think it's tied with SLABT.