GN'R community archeology - putting together the missing pieces from 1999-2002

Hi there

I didn't really know exactly where to ask this, but it seems that this is the most active place, so I'm hoping there are a few old timers left here. I'm looking to find some answers about the GN'R online forums in the early 2000's, particularly those who were run by Xozi. This is a purely personal endeavor, so I hope there are others who like to reminisce about those days.

I myself had almost forgotten about them, but listening to Chinese Democracy (which I love, by the way) made me think. I was a pretty active participant in the GN'R community

around the change of the millennium. As my interest in music increased, my interest in Guns N' Roses diminished so I guess I just kinda faded away around 2003. I don't remember if I was ever a member of this site, but I remember the breakdown of the Chinese Democracy forum, Xozi trying to save it, and the community getting scattered after that. Some went here and some went there. I followed Xozi, but the only thing I remember is her forum at gunsnrosesfans.com. That site is fairly well-documented in the annals of internet history, and it would appear that I was actually a moderator on that message board (which I don't remember at all), but here's the deal: I'm almost certain that Xozi ran a forum before that, but I can't remember its name, and I can find no traces of such forum anywhere on the net. Does anybody know, did anybody follow Xozi's boards in those days? Did she run the gnronline forum, or, could that be what I'm thinking of? It's a long shot, I know, but does anyone remember the exact URL of the gnronline forum? It appears that the gnronline main site never linked directly to the forum, which may just be shitty research on my part.

I don't know how long Xozi kept going at this GN'R thing, but I trust that at least some of you remember her, if not for anything else then for Axl's famous comments at RIR. She was legendary back then and probably still is to some degree. Does anyone know how long she kept going? And why she left the community? Does anyone remember sladdi? Or god damn QUEENIE (MAKE HASTE now royally booooooooooooo)? Did he ever change up his style or take off the mask? He was awesome. I remember that he quit on the whole caps lock thing and I thought that he'd soon get tired of the entire masquerade (if it wasn't just a goof, then I don't know what to think, though lots if people thought he was mentally handicapped). I actually remember having a microphone chat with QUEENIE on YIM back in the day, and he actually talked like that. Barely in sentences; sir this and queen that and make haste now royally booooooooooooooooo!. Being a young Dane, my English probably wasn't much better.

Sorry for the rambling. I hope there are people who were present back then and has kept their mental record a little more clean than I have.

Cheers guys! Nice to see that the GN'R community is still alive and kicking. Rock on!

Hi there

I didn't really know exactly where to ask this, but it seems that this is the most active place, so I'm hoping there are a few old timers left here. I'm looking to find some answers about the GN'R online forums in the early 2000's, particularly those who were run by Xozi. This is a purely personal endeavor, so I hope there are others who like to reminisce about those days.

I myself had almost forgotten about them, but listening to Chinese Democracy (which I love, by the way) made me think. I was a pretty active participant in the GN'R community

around the change of the millennium. As my interest in music increased, my interest in Guns N' Roses diminished so I guess I just kinda faded away around 2003. I don't remember if I was ever a member of this site, but I remember the breakdown of the Chinese Democracy forum, Xozi trying to save it, and the community getting scattered after that. Some went here and some went there. I followed Xozi, but the only thing I remember is her forum at gunsnrosesfans.com. That site is fairly well-documented in the annals of internet history, and it would appear that I was actually a moderator on that message board (which I don't remember at all), but here's the deal: I'm almost certain that Xozi ran a forum before that, but I can't remember its name, and I can find no traces of such forum anywhere on the net. Does anybody know, did anybody follow Xozi's boards in those days? Did she run the gnronline forum, or, could that be what I'm thinking of? It's a long shot, I know, but does anyone remember the exact URL of the gnronline forum? It appears that the gnronline main site never linked directly to the forum, which may just be shitty research on my part.

I don't know how long Xozi kept going at this GN'R thing, but I trust that at least some of you remember her, if not for anything else then for Axl's famous comments at RIR. She was legendary back then and probably still is to some degree. Does anyone know how long she kept going? And why she left the community? Does anyone remember sladdi? Or god damn QUEENIE (MAKE HASTE now royally booooooooooooo)? Did he ever change up his style or take off the mask? He was awesome. I remember that he quit on the whole caps lock thing and I thought that he'd soon get tired of the entire masquerade (if it wasn't just a goof, then I don't know what to think, though lots if people thought he was mentally handicapped). I actually remember having a microphone chat with QUEENIE on YIM back in the day, and he actually talked like that. Barely in sentences; sir this and queen that and make haste now royally booooooooooooooooo!. Being a young Dane, my English probably wasn't much better.

Sorry for the rambling. I hope there are people who were present back then and has kept their mental record a little more clean than I have.

Cheers guys! Nice to see that the GN'R community is still alive and kicking. Rock on!

So you liked Xozi, did you?

sladdi run/ran newgnrforum, I believe Queenie was there, too. Not sure if they are active stil.

Of course I did. I know that Xozi was quite disliked in large parts of the community. I suppose this was an anti-Xozi establishment? The different sites were pretty big on hating each other back then, but I don't really remember the specific fractions. All I remember is that everyone hated Here Today, Gone To Hell.

Anyways, I was never too much into the whole new band vs. old band, Axl vs. Slash thing. Never had an opinion either way, it's all just music to me. But I liked the drama on the message boards, and there's no doubt that Xozi was one of the more colorful participants. The drama followed her. I stuck with her sites because people hated her (unfairly and disproportionately so, I might add - things were quite heated back then) not because I was interested in her Axl criticism as such. Also, I remember thinking that Axl calling her out by name at RIR was quite irresponsible, making me sympathize with her even more. Not that she needed it.

I was fascinated by QUEENIE as well. He must be the best internet sidekick of all time. It was just a constant spectacle of WTF-moments with him. I wonder to this day if he pissed himself laughing or cried himself to sleep at night.

Why do you have a dead pedo slag in your avatar?

In part because I find that photo to convey horror almost perfectly. Mostly, though, it's a parody of this:

http://static.gigwise.com/gallery/1565133_18_useyourtour.jpg

In part because I find that photo to convey horror almost perfectly. Mostly, though, it's a parody of this

How can Mayra Hindleys mugshot be a parody of a Charles Manson T shirt?

I fail to see how those dots are difficult to connect. But I guess the difference in exposure from my avatar to his t-shirt makes it hard to compare the two. But that's probably not your point.

If it's offensive to people, I'll gladly change my avatar.

No, keep it up if you like, just thought I'd ask because i cant bear the sight of that bitches face, something about her and her shitbag boyfriend bring about a sort of merciless contempt from me.

I feel the exact same way. Which is why I like the picture, I suppose. It contains an incredibly creepy and ominous power. I don't think any picture I've ever seen has a similar effect on me. Maybe the Brady mugshot. I remember hearing about the moors murders as a kid and seeing Hindley's mugshot. It literally haunted my dreams. And still to this day it pops up in my mind relatively often. To me it symbolizes the personification of horror. And like many types of horror, it's both repulsive, chilling and contemptible, but at the same time incomprehensible and therefore strangely mysterious.

No, keep it up if you like, just thought I'd ask because i cant bear the sight of that bitches face, something about her and her shitbag boyfriend bring about a sort of merciless contempt from me.

I feel the exact same way. Which is why I like the picture, I suppose. It contains an incredibly creepy and ominous power. I don't think any picture I've ever seen has a similar effect on me. Maybe the Brady mugshot. I remember hearing about the moors murders as a kid and seeing Hindley's mugshot. It literally haunted my dreams. And still to this day it pops up in my mind relatively often. To me it symbolizes the personification of horror. And like many types of horror, it's both repulsive, chilling and contemptible, but at the same time incomprehensible and therefore strangely mysterious.

There's something gothic about it, i agree. Not just of her but him too. And all the pictures in and around Manchester at the time. Sorry for detracting from your discussion here :lol:

No need to mention it, Lennie Godber. I think it's healthy to have a little talk about the moors murders now and again :)

Damn_Smooth: if pockets is in fact Queenie (has that ever been firmly verified?), and there are some similarities I guess, then at least part of his past persona was most definitely an act.

Hi there

i think she had one of those free Proboards forum before moving to a server. The gunsnrosesfans.com one is active although it doesnt have a forum anymore. As for the gnronline forum, i dont think that was run by her or anyone, actually, that was GN'R official board and there was no moderation whatsoever, that's why it was a mess that got cleaned up.

the address was gnronline.com but i don't remember if there was a folder for the forum, probably was a subdomain or something but i don't think you will find trace of that! it has been wiped from the internet a long time ago after some incident with Axl.

queenie posts here once in a while under some other username. he changed his style a bit.

p.s. i'm not sure the Axl rant about Xozi and Renato is that bad if you take in consideration other fan bashing he's done after that. he didn't insult them at all. now read the shit Axl gave to an ex-mod of this board called Madison and you will see how that one could have sent any fan directly to suicide.

Edited by tinyrobot

wow that is one amazing find!

i can't open the threads though, looks like they were not archived :(

Some are, and some profiles too. The rest is lost forever

thank you. yes, now i could open a couple threads... those people knew how to have fun!

And to the OP, Xozi definitely owns the gunsnrosesfans.com site so you could go there and contact her.

Hi there

i think she had one of those free Proboards forum before moving to a server. The gunsnrosesfans.com one is active although it doesnt have a forum anymore. As for the gnronline forum, i dont think that was run by her or anyone, actually, that was GN'R official board and there was no moderation whatsoever, that's why it was a mess that got cleaned up.

the address was gnronline.com but i don't remember if there was a folder for the forum, probably was a subdomain or something but i don't think you will find trace of that! it has been wiped from the internet a long time ago after some incident with Axl.

queenie posts here once in a while under some other username. he changed his style a bit.

p.s. i'm not sure the Axl rant about Xozi and Renato is that bad if you take in consideration other fan bashing he's done after that. he didn't insult them at all. now read the shit Axl gave to an ex-mod of this board called Madison and you will see how that one could have sent any fan directly to suicide.

I think you're right about the proboard thing. I'm looking to remember the name if such existed. Do you remember the color scheme at the gnronline forum? I know it was wiped off the face of the earth. If I remember correctly, it was because someone posted the address and phone number of Axl Rose. There should be at least some traces of it on wayback machine, if only I had a direct URL to the forum. Oh well, it's all just curiosity anyway.

As for the RIR incident... I think I remember a Madison. I think she was present back at the CD forum. Could you point me to the comments made about Madison? Anyway, I don't think two wrongs make a right and a wrong. Whatever he said about Madison, I still think the Xozi comments were irresponsible. There must have been at least one advicer to tell him that calling out a fan whose mental state and age he could not possibly know was a very bad idea. I still think it's a douchy move.

Edited by All dolled up like Christ

Well, it was confirmed by MSL that fink6 was Queenie, and fink6 is definitely 100% sure pockets; so pockets is Queenie. I guess it isn't too hard to act retarded, but you'd have to have something wrong to bother with keeping it up for so long.

Pardon my ignorance, but what or who is MSL?

Quennie was pretty big on Finck back then, so that part makes sense. From what I've read by Finck6 and Pockets, there are some similarities to Queenie, but they are still much more eloquent and down to earth than Queenie (which doesn't say a lot). That's why I say that at least part of his persona was for show. I always suspected that Queenie was somehow an intelligent cupcake. Did you see his posts back then? They were too far out to be retarded, he was a character. But maybe it wasn't all show, then.

wow that is one amazing find!

i can't open the threads though, looks like they were not archived :(

Some are, and some profiles too. The rest is lost forever

thank you. yes, now i could open a couple threads... those people knew how to have fun!

And to the OP, Xozi definitely owns the gunsnrosesfans.com site so you could go there and contact her.

Gunsnrosesfans.com is a tumblr, as far as I can see. What makes you think that it's run by Xozi?

I think you're right about the proboard thing. I'm looking to remember the name if such existed. Do you remember the color scheme at the gnronline forum? I know it was wiped off the face of the earth. If I remember correctly, it was because someone posted the address and phone number of Axl Rose. There should be at least some traces of it on wayback machine, if only I had a direct URL to the forum. Oh well, it's all just curiosity anyway.

As for the RIR incident... I think I remember a Madison. I think she was present back at the CD forum. Could you point me to the comments made about Madison? Anyway, I don't think two wrongs make a right and a wrong. Whatever he said about Madison, I still think the Xozi comments were irresponsible. There must have been at least one advicer to tell him that calling out a fan whose mental state and age he could not possibly know was a very bad idea. I still think it's a douchy move.

looks like you didn't check that link Russel Nash posted before.. it leads to old Xozi's forum!

The gnronline.com place was all black and if memory doesn't fail me the links were either red or orange. There weren't too many buttons nor smilies. I remember people used HTML code to be able to write with a different color than white and also to post images. I don't think there is a link to that forum, really. Maybe it was a subdomain like "board.gnronline.com" or "forum.gnronline.com".

Madison was a moderator here but I don't recall her name previous year 2000 - Enjoy it! http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/159283-revolvers-trip-to-canada/?p=2590831

yeah, i guess you are right about the xozi thing and actually, any fan who is mistreated by their idol, it is dangerous for their state of mind, especially if they are teenagers like xozi was back then.

Well, it was confirmed by MSL that fink6 was Queenie, and fink6 is definitely 100% sure pockets; so pockets is Queenie. I guess it isn't too hard to act retarded, but you'd have to have something wrong to bother with keeping it up for so long.

Pardon my ignorance, but what or who is MSL?

Quennie was pretty big on Finck back then, so that part makes sense. From what I've read by Finck6 and Pockets, there are some similarities to Queenie, but they are still much more eloquent and down to earth than Queenie (which doesn't say a lot). That's why I say that at least part of his persona was for show. I always suspected that Queenie was somehow an intelligent cupcake. Did you see his posts back then? They were too far out to be retarded, he was a character. But maybe it wasn't all show, then.

MSL is a guy who leaked Chinese Democracy album and apparently holds several private documents that belong to Axl and GN'R management, like e-mails and contracts. Never leaked those, though.

Queenie and Pockets sound similar and the difference you see now is that probably he's not a teenager anymore. Remember you are talking about people who were fans 15 years ago.

Gunsnrosesfans.com is a tumblr, as far as I can see. What makes you think that it's run by Xozi?

Because in that link Russel Nash posted you can check xozi's profile and she has the gunsnrosesfans.com domain listed as her site!

also looks like the forum they had turned into a facebook fanpage.

Nope, never saw Queenie's posts. MSL is the guy that leaked most of CD and was a pretty prominent and controversial poster while he was here. He runs his own site now that has a few nerds that are at constant war with a few nerds here, because internet drama.

I didn't even know that Chinese Democracy was leaked. Goes to show how dense I've been on the subject of Guns the past decade. I didn't even manage to buy the record on release. Suddenly I was connected with the teenager inside me and was stricken with guilt. The record had gotten a very bad rep, in Denmark at least. My expectations were extremely low, and it far exceeded them. I think it's better than either of the Illusions.

• Like 2