Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Cena destroyed AJ in that promo.  Those two are a million miles apart on the mic. AJ can't win a promo face off. He has no chance. One little shoot comment about Cena burrying guys doesn't erase the entire promo.  Cena killed him. Rumble - Nothing. AJ vs Reigns I - Fail. AJ vs Reigns II - Fail.  Cena is just better period on the mic whether people like Cena or not. He's gotta better catch phrases, better set ups, he's wittier, knows how to playt he crowd better and doesn't sound like he's reading his promo at 5th grade level. Sorry but like Moreblack said Cena obliterated AJ in that promo.  Cena was bang on with guys like AJ regurgitating the same old shit that Cena can't wrestle yet the guy has been in how many match of the year candidates the last while and has arguably the two best matches on Raw the last 10 years(CM Punk & HBK). Sure people can say that has more to do with his opponent than him but that's bullshit. Those two guys had matches with others who are widley considerd better wrestlers than Cena and they don't have match of the decade on their resume. The boring old Cena sucks thing is a bit played out.  I thought Cena's "drive by hit" on reigns was pretty funny to be honest.  

6 hours ago, Bono said:

Cena destroyed AJ in that promo.  Those two are a million miles apart on the mic. AJ can't win a promo face off. He has no chance. One little shoot comment about Cena burrying guys doesn't erase the entire promo.  Cena killed him. Rumble - Nothing. AJ vs Reigns I - Fail. AJ vs Reigns II - Fail.  Cena is just better period on the mic whether people like Cena or not. He's gotta better catch phrases, better set ups, he's wittier, knows how to playt he crowd better and doesn't sound like he's reading his promo at 5th grade level. Sorry but like Moreblack said Cena obliterated AJ in that promo.  Cena was bang on with guys like AJ regurgitating the same old shit that Cena can't wrestle yet the guy has been in how many match of the year candidates the last while and has arguably the two best matches on Raw the last 10 years(CM Punk & HBK). Sure people can say that has more to do with his opponent than him but that's bullshit. Those two guys had matches with others who are widley considerd better wrestlers than Cena and they don't have match of the decade on their resume. The boring old Cena sucks thing is a bit played out.  I thought Cena's "drive by hit" on reigns was pretty funny to be honest.  

If you talk to people who've watched NJPW, or at the very least watched Styles/Nakamura from WKX, you'll get pushback on AJ not having a Match Of The Decade contender on his resume...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Nobody ever claimed AJ had the mic skills of Cena. 

So what was the "end" about Takeover: The End? I saw HHH's promo on it, but I was half asleep, so I don't know what he said. 

Basically the name of the show changed to "Takeover: The End...of the Beginning"

7 hours ago, axlslash said:

If you talk to people who've watched NJPW, or at the very least watched Styles/Nakamura from WKX, you'll get pushback on AJ not having a Match Of The Decade contender on his resume...

Just want to say.

Nakamura/Styles was probably better than anything they'll do on WWE TV this year, but it wasn't either guys best match in NJPW over the past few years (definitely not Nakamuras) and not better than the Wrestle Kingdom main event this year.

Oh and Taker/HBK Bad Blood 97 was better than that HBK/Cena Raw Match.

23 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Almost 30 years later and that's still low on the racist scale compared to some of the gimmicks they've done down the years and are still doing now.

I liked Kamala, The Ugandan Giant who used to have to be told that he couldn't eat his opponent after beating them. :lol:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Almost 30 years later and that's still low on the racist scale compared to some of the gimmicks they've done down the years and are still doing now.

You mean like Muhammad Hassan, the guy who got crazy heel hear for the character of "proud Muslim who isn't a terrorist and is sick of being profiled"? 

2 minutes ago, username said:

In fairness I can see how this must've been horribly confusing and therefor enraging to the average wrestling fan. 

You remember where this gimmick went right?

That was when he was a tweener, before the heel turn.

7 minutes ago, username said:

In fairness I can see how this must've been horribly confusing and therefor enraging to the average wrestling fan. 

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

You remember where this gimmick went right?

That was when he was a tweener, before the heel turn.

I was gonna say, it got extra confusing when they made him a terrorist. God what a horrendously and offensively booked story...

9 hours ago, axlslash said:

I'm not talking about AJ or match of the decade in pro wrestling overall. I'm talking about the constant Cena can't wrestle nonsense. Cena has probably the two best matches of the decade on RAW. The one vs CM Punk and the one vs HBK. And though one was with the greatest of all time and the other arguably one of the greatest of his generation he still needs to pull his weight to pull those matches off to the level they did. 

1 hour ago, Bono said:

I'm not talking about AJ or match of the decade in pro wrestling overall. I'm talking about the constant Cena can't wrestle nonsense. Cena has probably the two best matches of the decade on RAW. The one vs CM Punk and the one vs HBK. And though one was with the greatest of all time and the other arguably one of the greatest of his generation he still needs to pull his weight to pull those matches off to the level they did. 

I will never tell you that Cena can't wrestle, so we're in agreement there. People who say that are the same hipster asshole types who hate all the main eventers all the time. Cena is an excellent worker. He can put over anyone from AJ to triple h no matter who wins or loses. He's one of the best workers the company has ever had, and anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong. 

• Like 1

Well to say he's one of the best they ever had, I wouldn't go that far.

Cena though is capable of putting on big matches when it matters and stepping up his game and has improved dramatically over the years from where he was in 2003. On the other hand they have everyone else on the roster tone down everything and work a certain way... so that they don't over shadow the main event. That's how WWE do things, tone everything down.. so that when you get something decent you think it's great. That's why we have so many 5/10 minute matches and why Bryan Danielson never had a 5 star match in WWE.

I'll grant you that WWE protect the main event with their booking, no doubt. But Cena is a tremendous worker any way you slice it. He can work so many different styles and look damn good doing it. Everyone took him for a pure mat technique guy, then KO came along and we get the goddamn lethal injection. The man. Can. Work. 

8 hours ago, PappyTron said:

I liked Kamala, The Ugandan Giant who used to have to be told that he couldn't eat his opponent after beating them. :lol:

In fairness though, the most famous and biggest Wrestler of the 80's was black.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Major Spoiler from NXT tapping tonight teasing two former NJPW stars have their first match against each other under the WWE banner;

Hide contents

Cki8WWAWgAAf9cC.jpg

Oh and if anyone's interested here's the last match I think the two had together.

http://vk.com/video-23136452_456239573

Interesting. Maybe we're all jumping the gun speculating about Finn hitting the main roster again. If WWE book the Club properly they'll get a nice long run before Devitt shows up to feud with AJ. Maybe, just maybe, WWE are doing this...right?

Would liked to have seen Kota Ibushi in the CWC (which might still be possible), but a bunch of names have been leaked. 

Looks like it's going to be mainly made up (discounting La Sombre/Zack Sabre J.R.) of people even your average hardcore wrestling Internet fan couldn't name.

Ariya Daivari (USA), Jason Lee (Chine), Vadal Ortagun (USA), Mustafa Ali (Pakistan), Kenneth Johnson (USA), Tony Nese (USA), Anthony Bennett (USA), Alejandro Saez (Chili), Da Mack (Allemagne), Jessy Sorensen (USA), Zumbi (Brésil), Fabian Aichner (Italie), Jesus Yurnett (Puerto Rico), Harv Sihra et son frère Gurv Sirha (Canada).

Source: https://www.voxcatch.fr/2016/06/11/tristan-archer-participera-au-tournoi-cruiserweight-classic-de-la-wwe/

No way this is going to be anything like BOTSJ (not that it ever would have been anyway).

I guess it'll at least a give spotlight to some new talent out their and actually be "global", it's still though not what people were probably thinking when they bought tickets to these shows.

Oh... and look at this for a show people paid to see;

1465765962924.png

...And Matt Hardy heeling it up on twitter.

af369b4deec10e86efbf29fa38a62e75.jpg

Edited by AtariLegend