Negativity for the sake of...

1 minute ago, nathanhall said:

No, you're just blowing it out.

I noticed the Slash head turn, just like someone else (whoever that was) did, and I commented that I also noticed.

Yeah yeah, I get that's what happened here and I was just having a funny reaction to it. Didn't mean to come off like a dick as that wasn't my intention. There are certainly more than a few people who have overreacted to that particular moment though, so I was just trying to have fun with it.

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ehh, the Illusion line-up made a double album and toured from that album. When you listen to November Rain it is Sorum you hear. Sorum - and to a lesser degree Gilby - solidified their place. That is their mandate. This 'Illusion ratio' thing is baloney of the highest order.

So you weren't onboard for the last Crazy Horse tour which only included 2 original members and two female backup singers? Only Neil and Ralph remained from the 1st Crazy Horse tour...and if you want to get real technical about it they also had Larry Cragg playing keys instead of Jack Nitszche who had the gig on the original tour and 1st record. So one could make a valid claim that The Illusions ratio is higher than the Everybody Knows This is Nowhere ratio. And as such; am I fair in the assumption that you felt the last Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour was illegitimate?

Edited by Mr. Dude

3 hours ago, rudolf1978 said:

I would love to see Izzy an Adler in some gigs,but right now i feel so in peace with Gnr lineup

My concern is about Axl voice.

If Adler comes back he's gonna have to lose some weight and Izzy's gonna have to lose the hats and work on his jump shot. This is the playoffs now people.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

If Adler comes back he's gonna have to lose some weight and Izzy's gonna have to lose the hats and work on his jump shot. This is the playoffs now people.

Ferrer needs to gain a hat and lose some weight and Fortus needs to gain some weight, if these are the playoffs. 

Edited by sonofnazareth

35 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

So you weren't onboard for the last Crazy Horse tour which only included 2 original members and two female backup singers? Only Neil and Ralph remained from the 1st Crazy Horse tour...and if you want to get real technical about it they also had Larry Cragg playing keys instead of Jack Nitszche who had the gig on the original tour and 1st record. So one could make a valid claim that The Illusions ratio is higher than the Everybody Knows This is Nowhere ratio. And as such; am I fair in the assumption that you felt the last Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour was illegitimate?

Why are you leaving out Billy Talbot? As far as I'm concerned,

CH Mark 1: Whitten/Talbot/Molina

CH Mark 2: Sampedro/Talbot/Molina

Yes, I know Nitszche was on the 1970 tour and that occasionally Neil has added members, or when he weirdly dropped Poncho on Greendale, but that is the core.

Crazy Horse is also about a philosophy, the adoption of a certain mindset.

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why are you leaving out Billy Talbot? As far as I'm concerned,

CH Mark 1: Whitten/Talbot/Molina

CH Mark 2: Sampedro/Talbot/Molina

Yes, I know Nitszche was on the 1970 tour and that occasionally Neil has added members, or when he weirdly dropped Poncho on Greendale, but that is the core.

Crazy Horse is also about a philosophy, the adoption of a certain mindset.

The last leg of the last CrazyHorse tour did not include Talbot. The last lineup to tour as Crazy Horse included Neil, Poncho, Rick Rosas, Ralph Molina, two female backup singers, and Larry Cragg on keys. Are you of the opinion that they should have dropped the Crazyhorse moniker when Talbot had his stroke?

Edited by Mr. Dude

2 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

The last leg of the last CrazyHorse tour did not include Talbot. The last lineup to tour as Crazy Horse included Neil, Pancho, Rick Rosas, Ralph Molina, two female backup singers, and Larry Cragg on keys.

Well Billy Talbot certainly was there when I last saw Shakey and that was as recent as 2013, Alchemy tour.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well Billy Talbot certainly was there when I last saw Shakey and that was as recent as 2013, Alchemy tour.

Yes, but Crazyhorse last toured in 2014 with Rick Rosas on bass AFTER Talbot had a stroke in 2013.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Just now, Mr. Dude said:

Yes, but Crazyhorse last toured in 2014 with Rick Rosas on bass AFTER Talbot had a stroke in 2014.

Well you said it.

The analogy does not work seeing as no old guns member is incapacitated through health reasons.

Not really. Many fans want a GNR reunion, but they also want the Axl of 1988.

Not going to happen. I never got to see Axl of 1988, but I have seen Axl many times with his latest GNR band and I thought each time he brought a 110% every time.

I would love the whole band to be back in 1988, but that's not going to happen.

I'm happy because many fans have waited years and years for Axl and Slash to just talk again, so touring is amazing!

Go to the concert and rock it! Believe me you will have a great time.

Go to the show with open eyes and heart if you love GNR!

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well you said it.

The analogy does not work seeing as no old guns member is incapacitated through health reasons.

Isn't Adler incapacitated at the moment? and if I'm not mistaken Neil postponed a Crazyhorse tour due to Poncho breaking his hand so I suppose he could've done the same with Billy's stroke...or he could have dropped the Crazyhorse moniker altogether seeing as how the last lineup to tour under that name could be considered as much Bluenotes as Crazyhorse.

I think people are generally happy that Axl, Slash, and Duff are doing their thing together again.  I also think it is justifiable, especially at the price of those tickets, to have hoped for a full fledged reunion. 

That doesn't take away from the fact it will be great to see the Big 3.  But it would have been better to see the Big 5.

Edited by BadApples87
  • Like 1

It's negativity just for the sake of something to write, say or publish that perks attention and/or entertains.

A morning radio show in Boston today were vicious towards Axl.  Straight up calling him a douchebag and that he can't sing but tying it in with humorous jabs for entrainment value.  Same station praised 2011's show in Worcester so they're just talking to fill time & entertain.  

1 hour ago, BadApples87 said:

I think people are generally happy that Axl, Slash, and Duff are doing their thing together again.  I also think it is justifiable, especially at the price of those tickets, to have hoped for a full fledged reunion. 

I don't think this stadium tour is going to go over too big...   As much as people get all bent out of shape of people being critical. the criticism is warranted.. This lineup with Punky Brewster and friends isn't what people wanted.. Especially for these ticket prices.. I had all these people interested so I got 6 good tickets this morning.. I am on the phone with Live Nation now trying to return them.. No one wanted them. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't think this stadium tour is going to go over too big...   As much as people get all bent out of shape of people being critical. the criticism is warranted.. This lineup with Punky Brewster and friends isn't what people wanted.. Especially for these ticket prices.. I had all these people interested so I got 6 good tickets this morning.. I am on the phone with Live Nation now trying to return them.. No one wanted them. 

What if these shows in 2016 are the only chance we ever get to see Axl, Slash, and Duff perform together again? 

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

He could have at least gotten in shape for the tour and tried

I don't really care what he looked like..he could have turned up looking like a homeless person or a transvestite. I did hope that he would bring back the rasp consistently throughout the show, with no hint of the mickey/old British woman voice. 

11 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

He could have at least gotten in shape for the tour and tried

I see this all the time - how does getting in shape bring back rasp or not?  It seems to me 'rasp' in voice/singing would be something to do with vocal chords, how would exercising bring that back or not?  It's not a switch that can be turned on and off.

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Outside of the forum I've seen some positive reviews from fb/blabbermouth pages / users that have been bashing them for years. "That was actually pretty good" "I take back what I said" basically the back peddeling has begun... If Axl can keep his voice in check, get on stage in time and they don't become a nostalgia act (not including this tour) things could actually look up for gnr.

I agree its been weird to see.  Welcome, but weird.

The only thing that I think will fuck them is late times or if Axl has some sort of meltdown.  That will cue up some of the "same old bullshit with this guy" talk.