Captain America was 'evil' all along - vote for and post, your reaction to the shocking twist from the comics writers.

The Archer

Captain America was 'evil' all along - vote for and post, your reaction to the shocking twist from the comics' writers.  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Even though I don't read the Marvel comics, I still think that this is some stupid bullshit. Dare I say worse than the Negan cliffhanger in The Walking Dead? 

The Negan cliffhanger was an asshole move because it was very disrespectful of the fans and it showed a total lack of balls. It was also just some good old corporate greed at play.

But this is sheer idiocy. You don't mess with characters like Supes and Cap - they are the ultimate boy scouts.

I get the idea that most people crying about this don't read comics and don't understand that shock value has been an integral part of the game since the beginning. 

Not really different from when Cap became a meth user, became a werewolf, became an old man, died, got resurrected, or got briefly brainwashed by Hydra ;)

It is way too early to judge an upcoming storyline based on a teaser like that. We know nothing yet. I'm sure issue #2 will explain some details.

24 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

I get the idea that most people crying about this don't read comics and don't understand that shock value has been an integral part of the game since the beginning. 

Not really different from when Cap became a meth user, became a werewolf, became an old man, died, got resurrected, or got briefly brainwashed by Hydra ;)

It's not the same - this is fundamentally changing the character's ethos. Superman has been brainwashed, made questionable moral choices or been confused etc too. But, changing the fundamental character or nature of the individual's personal psyche and the basis of its motivations is a whole different ballgame. 

24 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

It is way too early to judge an upcoming storyline based on a teaser like that. We know nothing yet. I'm sure issue #2 will explain some details.

Perhaps, and that's totally fair. But for now, it still looks like a shitty move.

Like Amir said, this is defitnetely going to the retconator. Man I gave up on Marvel after that One More Day shit, which in my opinion took it from clone saga as the worst thing Marvel has ever done to spidey, but this clearly looks like Steve is like a triple agent that will deceive hydra and shit.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Like Amir said, this is defitnetely going to the retconator. Man I gave up on Marvel after that One More Day shit, which in my opinion took it from clone saga as the worst thing Marvel has ever done to spidey, but this clearly looks like Steve is like a triple agent that will deceive hydra and shit.

It's funny, I gave up on Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Comics in general after One More Day, but I recently got a free trial to Marvel Unlimited and read all 160+ issues of Ultimate Spider-Man in about a week. I've still got a week or two of the free trial so I may check out some of the post-Brand New Day ASM but I loved USM so much I can't see it holding up in comparison.

7 hours ago, The Archer said:

It's not the same - this is fundamentally changing the character's ethos. Superman has been brainwashed, made questionable moral choices or been confused etc too. But, changing the fundamental character or nature of the individual's personal psyche and the basis of its motivations is a whole different ballgame. 

Perhaps, and that's totally fair. But for now, it still looks like a shitty move.

All I can say is I have faith since I've liked everything I've read by Spencer and we definitely don't know anything yet.

Ah, comics. My old geeky little guilty pleasure. I haven't read comic books in general since about 2008 when they undid Peter and MJ's marriage and basically retconned the ten years of stories I invested my time and interest into (have they ever actually explained why he lost the organic webbing, "The Other" powers, and Gwen and Norman's twin bastard children they said they'd eventually elaborate on when Brand New Day began? because last I checked, it was all still fucked up). But I don't understand why they do these things, and why it gets so much media coverage, when they never stick with them.

Peter Parker revealing his identity in 2007-backtracked

Peter Parker dying and having his body taken over by Doctor Octopus (with the whole THIS IS PERMANENT mantra)-backtracked

Captain America dying in post civil war, with again, the whole THIS IS PERMANENT mantra-backtracked

those are just the ones i remember off the top of my head. Have they ever actually stuck with any controversial storyline, even after they promised they would? What's the point? Christ, it's only a matter of time before they REALLY bring back Gwen Stacy (which they almost did with Brand New Day). :facepalm: