Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Gackt

Absolutely fucking brilliant! Easily enjoyed it as much as the 1st one. Chris Pratt is hilarious yet again and Dave Bautista is even funnier as Drax. Kurt Russell is quality as well. Great cameos, amazing soundtrack, extremely funny and also very touching at times, just a brilliant movie. Loved it! I want my own Baby Groot! :D

• Like 1

My hats off to how the Guardians films veer back and forth between sweet sentimentality and adolescent joy. I still get misty in a handful of spots in the original, usually right after that I'm smiling like I'm nine again.

The ending of Vol.2 keeps that tradition. I felt the moist tears sitting on my eyes before I blinked them away and smiled again.

As far as criticism goes; the film suffers from the Sophomore slump syndrome. It's more interested in the characters, than having a story, so ultimately when you get to the last act, it tries to make up for it by revealing a plot which isn't that interesting.

I also really didn't care for the golddust people. They were weak antagonists. (Come'on, chasing the Guardians across the universe because of a grudge over some batteries? WEAK!)

I also can't believe I'm writing this, but more Sylvester Stallone in the next one, please! "Let's go steal some shit!"

5 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Absolutely fucking brilliant! Easily enjoyed it as much as the 1st one. Chris Pratt is hilarious yet again and Dave Bautista is even funnier as Drax. Kurt Russell is quality as well. Great cameos, amazing soundtrack, extremely funny and also very touching at times, just a brilliant movie. Loved it! I want my own Baby Groot! :D

yay you mentioned Chris Pratt and it sounds like he delivered! i have seen the trailer and was kinda taken aback seeing Kurt Russell looking like Moses or Zeus or something :D nice review! :)

• Like 1

Saw it just now

It was ok. Not nearly as good as the first, felt much more like a paint by the numbers Marvel movie. It wasnt bad, just "ok". I dont think Marvel Studios has made an outright terrible movie, but they do have a lot of "meh" ones. 

Maybe Im just getting burnt out in theae. I used to be so excited for each super hero movie. Especially MCU ones. Still looking forward to the ones to come because they are inoffensive, decently well writen and entertaining action movies. I still think some are brilliant like Avengers 1, Iron Man, Cap 2 and 3, the first Guardians, and a few others and think all the rest are at least entertaining.

So yeah, I liked it, but Ill forget about it and itll be just another Marvel movie. 

EDIT- I also found the music pretty distracting. Lots of great songs, but they went overboard with making so many scenes tie in with a pop song. It was more subtle in the first film. It wasnt "Suicide Squad" levels bad, but it was distracting to me.

EDIT 2- The CGI stunts were also wayyyy overkill in this one. I know I always bitch about too much CGI, and I get you need a lot of it in a movie like this (its usually fine), but shit like the arrow scene where they kill 1000 people without blinking, where Rocket kills another 1000 people by hopping on them and shit, etc it completely takes me out. A few crazy over the top action scenes are cool and even welcome in a movie like this, but god damn did this one up those scenes by 500%. Obviously we know none of the main characters are really going to die in the middle of the movie, but that shit still takes away all my suspense and makes me feel like I am watching a video game instead of a movie. A few flips and shit? Cool! Killing a billion people while trying to look cool, walking down a hall like its no big deal or hopping on another billion people to electrocute them? Too fucking much imo.

Edited by ZoSoRose

Have not seen it yet and today I got my Entertainment Weekly magazine and it spoiled who Sylvester Stallone's character is.

Damn it, why do magazine have to ruin movies and tv shows all the time. Not everyone went to see this movie yet.

Anyway, I still have no idea who he is because I don't read those comics and with all these future movies coming out, I'm getting confused lol