I am The Baconman

I was born in another forum a long time ago.   I looked out the window and found there was more than one place to speak about Guns N Roses.   So here I am 

I am from Baconville in Canada.  This summer I saw guns in Seattle.  The set list was fine for this big show.   The American crowd was very lame. Most people eating nachos and recoding life in front of them on there phones.   Instead of enjoying life right in  Front of them 

guns is coming back to North America this upcoming summer.  A second leg of this tour.  Playing cities very close to cities they just played in in markets that are overly close to ones they played in.  That being said. Cool.   I just hope for a updated setlist.   And upstaged stage with videos.    Why do the same schtich twice 

with that said.  Why wouldn't they try and even switch up the material when playing cities on back to back nights.   What kinda bonus is in it for fans who may travel to theses markets and may love to see he band on two nights.  Only to be delivered the same show twice 

Also.  Why does the band play so many cover songs?    There are tons of songs on the uyi albums and even CD that never get played live.   Knocking on heavens door is not a guns song.  Why do they have to play this cover every night. Perhaps if they give some of there own original music a chance it may become a hit.  

Lack of original music.  Really with all the songs the band has officially released.  Roughly 20% of the songs have been cover songs    They are playing roughly 7 covers a night with very long jams.  Why?   Why not play some of this bands originl music.  It's great 

And where is this original music?  Honestly I could go with out hearing scom and paridise city any time soon.  If they are played on the radio I usually actually change the channel.  How many times can you hear the same songs over and over and over again.   I have seen this band many times lives and the honestly best time was around 1999-2010.  When we got to hear new music live.    This band has released hardly any songs and a good chunk of them are covers.   Let's get some new tunes out there 

round 1 

more to come. 

4 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

There are other threads that all this can be discussed about. Really don't need another one. Admins....

There is only one Baconman 

i do not know about these others threads but I will start reading so I can be more informed and spread the love.  

I used to love when this band used to do intervies.   Heck even Slash and Duff where almost Média obsessed before they reunited with Axl with this 3 man reunion with Axls band.   Where have all the interviews gone?  Where has all the bands promotion gone?  That stuff was great for fans that might not be able to afford tickets to shows 

Since we are speaking about tickets for shows.  So our band is coming to my local market for the second time for this tour.    I would now like to take my two mini Bacons to this show.   However.   It will cost daddy Bacon roughly 1000 for the 3 tickets.   For  average seat.     How does this band expect to get new fans with these prices.  And with zero band promotion and zero new music?    Honestly I would love for this show to be my minions first rock show.  But not at these prices   Plus I do not need minion 1 asking me why Guns is singing a Wings song 

9 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Not sure how to reply on this one:confused:

Which forum were you on??

Hello BlueJean Baby.  

I am still on the other forum but now I am just visiting to see what it's like here.   You can say I was here today then gone over here for a bit haha

3 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

i do not know about these others threads but I will start reading so I can be more informed and spread the love.  

I used to love when this band used to do intervies.   Heck even Slash and Duff where almost Média obsessed before they reunited with Axl with this 3 man reunion with Axls band.   Where have all the interviews gone?  Where has all the bands promotion gone?  That stuff was great for fans that might not be able to afford tickets to shows 

Since we are speaking about tickets for shows.  So our band is coming to my local market for the second time for this tour.    I would now like to take my two mini Bacons to this show.   However.   It will cost daddy Bacon roughly 1000 for the 3 tickets.   For  average seat.     How does this band expect to get new fans with these prices.  And with zero band promotion and zero new music?    Honestly I would love for this show to be my minions first rock show.  But not at these prices   Plus I do not need minion 1 asking me why Guns is singing a Wings song 

Well not all ticket prices are expensive...depends on where you get seats. For the San Antonio show you can get seats for 35 bucks....a bit far away from the stage sure, but cheap! They do some promotion via video clips on their fb page/twitter and IG. There are also billboards, newspaper ads, posters and radio ads promoting them as well. My brother heard about the concert on the radio. But yes we all wish they did more standard interviews! As far as covers yes we all want more original songs too, but Axl rocks LALD live and hope he keeps it but that is me. Love to hear those screams. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

Hello BlueJean Baby.  

I am still on the other forum but now I am just visiting to see what it's like here.   You can say I was here today then gone over here for a bit haha

OK got it. Were you ever on other ones? I used to be one of the admins at Gunner temple. Just curious.:D

39 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

OK got it. Were you ever on other ones? I used to be one of the admins at Gunner temple. Just curious.:D

No this is my only other venture out into the gnr community.   

I dont mind mellisa   She is what she is. Does what she does and actually doesn't sound to band on back ground vocals    

Howver I find it strange that Chris a band member for many many years and wrote lots of guns music was just tossed to the curb.  With nobody really saying why.  As a fan I sure would like to know what happened.  And why the band actually feels they need two keyboard players 

51 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

What kind of BaconMan are you?

Thick cut? Applewood? Cherrywood?

If you're Turkey Bacon, you can fuck right off. 

Greasy crisp maple.  

51 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well not all ticket prices are expensive...depends on where you get seats. For the San Antonio show you can get seats for 35 bucks....a bit far away from the stage sure, but cheap! They do some promotion via video clips on their fb page/twitter and IG. There are also billboards, newspaper ads, posters and radio ads promoting them as well. My brother heard about the concert on the radio. But yes we all wish they did more standard interviews! As far as covers yes we all want more original songs too, but Axl rocks LALD live and hope he keeps it but that is me. Love to hear those screams. :)

But lald is not a gnr song.  Cool Axl can sing it.  Cool the band can rock it.  But it's not our song. It's Wings song.   I am all for bands playing cover songs.  Awesome.  Play a song you liked growing up or like currently.   But playing the same cover songs every night every concert.  All the time. Ugh.  Ok we get it. You like the song band.  How about writing a song of your own that is inspired by this cover song and make it your own 

in regards to ticket prices.  So I am sure in some markets some tickets can go for cheaper prices. To make things more specific 

the city I am talking about is Edmonton. And while there are cheaper seats.   Knowing the venue to make this concert my two rats first one I would prefer some what closer seats.   So they can enjoy it.   I wouldn't want them spending he whole show watching the tv monitors.  We can do that at home.   So to get a half decent ticket you are looking at outrageous prices for a family 

6 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

But lald is not a gnr song.  Cool Axl can sing it.  Cool the band can rock it.  But it's not our song. It's Wings song.   I am all for bands playing cover songs.  Awesome.  Play a song you liked growing up or like currently.   But playing the same cover songs every night every concert.  All the time. Ugh.  Ok we get it. You like the song band.  How about writing a song of your own that is inspired by this cover song and make it your own 

in regards to ticket prices.  So I am sure in some markets some tickets can go for cheaper prices. To make things more specific 

the city I am talking about is Edmonton. And while there are cheaper seats.   Knowing the venue to make this concert my two rats first one I would prefer some what closer seats.   So they can enjoy it.   I wouldn't want them spending he whole show watching the tv monitors.  We can do that at home.   So to get a half decent ticket you are looking at outrageous prices for a family 

Isn't Seattle the closest market to Edmonton that they played last year....a 12 hour drive?  I wouldn't call that the same market. 

At any rate, yes if you want to sit close you have to pay a decent amount for at ticket...that's life.  

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Isn't Seattle the closest market to Edmonton that they played last year....a 12 hour drive?  I wouldn't call that the same market. 

At any rate, yes if you want to sit close you have to pay a decent amount for at ticket...that's life.  

No that's this tour by this band.   Cool you are fine with ticket prices.   Decently not family friendly

yes Seattle cateres to the western Canadian market for many things.  Including this past show.  

See seattle from Edmonton is just over a hour flight.    Seattle from Vancouver is overly close  i Seattle is western Canada market for all things sports and music 

plus there is Vegas.  Vegas is a tourist city that western Canada overly loves to support that just had two of these shows played there.  

Winepeg and saskachewan are very lucky to get this show and if it is the same as it is now for those two markets.  Great.   They are in the middle of nothing 

1 minute ago, TheBaconMan said:

No that's this tour by this band.   Cool you are fine with ticket prices.   Decently not family friendly

yes Seattle cateres to the western Canadian market for many things.  Including this past show.  

See seattle from Edmonton is just over a hour flight.    Seattle from Vancouver is overly close  i Seattle is western Canada market for all things sports and music 

plus there is Vegas.  Vegas is a tourist city that western Canada overly loves to support that just had two of these shows played there.  

Winepeg and saskachewan are very lucky to get this show and if it is the same as it is now for those two markets.  Great.   They are in the middle of nothing 

I'm aware of all this, but it's not the same Market (Edmonton and Seattle).    

Seem family friendly to me, I'm taking my son to St. Louis.    

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm aware of all this, but it's not the same Market (Edmonton and Seattle).    

Seem family friendly to me, I'm taking my son to St. Louis.    

Doesn't sound like you are how western Canada relies on the north western United States market   Or if you are are just relieng on semantics on distance.  Like you said a 12 hr car ride.    In June turn on a Seattle mariners game and see just how many blue jays fans are there from western Canada if you want a good example of this. 

Glad you are taking your kid to this show.  It should be great.   I would love to take my two to the local one.  But prices are extreme 

In fact it might be worth it for me to fly to Denver for a couple of night with hotel with them and see the show as part of a vacation   That's the direction I am going towards 

3 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

Doesn't sound like you are how western Canada relies on the north western United States market   Or if you are are just relieng on semantics on distance.  Like you said a 12 hr car ride.    In June turn on a Seattle mariners game and see just how many blue jays fans are there from western Canada if you want a good example of this. 

Glad you are taking your kid to this show.  It should be great.   I would love to take my two to the local one.  But prices are extreme 

In fact it might be worth it for me to fly to Denver for a couple of night with hotel with them and see the show as part of a vacation   That's the direction I am going towards 

I am aware, I have friiends in Seattle and Vancouver, am contemplating going to the Gorge show with them.

At any rate, are prices extreme?  Relatively, sure, but people are going, so what can you do? 

Here's the thing if you can afford to fly to Denver, spend a couple of nights on Hotel and see them.....then I'm sure you can get your kids to a show in your hometown.  I'd certainly think two tickets toa  show is a bit cheaper than a flight and two nights hotel in Denver, right?

2 hours ago, TheBaconMan said:

I was born in another forum a long time ago.   I looked out the window and found there was more than one place to speak about Guns N Roses.   So here I am 

I am from Baconville in Canada.  

LULA+RINDO.jpg

1 hour ago, TheBaconMan said:

324_1844-alt-presidente.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I am aware, I have friiends in Seattle and Vancouver, am contemplating going to the Gorge show with them.

At any rate, are prices extreme?  Relatively, sure, but people are going, so what can you do? 

Here's the thing if you can afford to fly to Denver, spend a couple of nights on Hotel and see them.....then I'm sure you can get your kids to a show in your hometown.  I'd certainly think two tickets toa  show is a bit cheaper than a flight and two nights hotel in Denver, right?

Oh know 

what I am saying is I have already seen this show   Twice 

seen this band many times.  

To now take the kids to see them inthere home town is too expensive.   However to fly to another country.  Spend a couple of nights in a hotel.  With 3 concert tickets for me and the kids.  Is only slightly more than seeing them here locally. So that is why I am thinking of just making it a family vacation.  Why spend so much locally only to go home at the end of the night.   When you can fly out get cheaper seats for better seats and make a vacation of it.  

Like I said I may travel to the USA to see this band play again this summer hopefully to a differ not setlist and show 

however. My biggest problem seeing shows in the USA.  Is that that crowds are very lame.   Most people I found at the show I attended this past summer are more conserered about telling everyone worse they are at the show.  That's actually being apart of the show.   I.e.  Most people I find play on there phone and try and record things on there phone the whole time.   People actually eat meals at these shows.  Haha I double r believe this.  Like it's a movie being watched at home.   Barely anyone was dancing and moving around to the beat of the music.  

Compaired to SA crowds  Mexico crowds and Canadian crowds.   The USA leg of this past tour in regards to crowds was very lame.