GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

45 minutes ago, Frey said:

Same. Never seen the first one either, so thanks for posting @triad Where did you come across that picture?

Side note: This is why I love this thread. It always manages to produce new information, new never before seen pictures / high quality pictures, the best discussions, the funniest memes and jokes. Because we've got so many smart, talented people here, with great research skills, great artistic skills, a great amount of knowledge about various subjects and a wicked sense of humor.

Most other threads are so boring in comparison.

Ancestry.com.  My paid subscription includes US yearbooks.  "Bill Rose", Lafayette Jefferson Nautilus Yearbook, 1959.  

And ditto about this thread.  It's the best.  

Definitely the most intriguing thread. That's why I peak in here every now and then.

Axl is a person that smiles "with his eyes" so to speak. You can compare that squint of William Rose with virtually any picture of Axl smiling and they line up. 

• Like 3

lol I'm not quite convinced yet but I know what you guys mean...

Axl has changed his face so much from baby to child to teenager to young adult and now mature guy. It's like he has multiple faces :confused:

This guy who we think it is his father is pretty ugly, IMO :ph34r:, even if the expressions are the same I can't see the resemblance that much.

But of course, we would need better quality pics and that's hard to find.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol I'm not quite convinced yet but I know what you guys mean...

Axl has changed his face so much from baby to child to teenager to young adult and now mature guy. It's like he has multiple faces :confused:

This guy who we think it is his father is pretty ugly, IMO :ph34r:, even if the expressions are the same I can't see the resemblance that much.

But of course, we would need better quality pics and that's hard to find.

Indeed, no look Axl, he very ugly?

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Thank the heavens Axl looks much more like his mother :lol:

What eye problems can you have at such a young age to require the milk bottle bottom glasses? Axl's left eye is a bit squintier than his right, lazy eye? (I'm saying nothing ?) 

Yeah, lazy eye or something like that maybe.

Or maybe he's just been near-sighted his entire life or from an early age on. He's been wearing contacts for most of his life now, but when his bad eye sight was first discovered, they might have just pusehd the first pair of glasses on him that they could find. As he got a little older, he might have refused to wear his glasses like a lot of kids do, and then at some point he  discovered contact lenses and never stopped wearing them basically.

Not to mention that eye-wear choices were probably pretty limited back in the 60s and the amount of kids' glasses to choose from must have been way smaller even. So him having these ugly glasses there doesn't necessarily indicate a severe eye problem to me, just a lack of better options back then lol.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What eye problems can you have at such a young age to require the milk bottle bottom glasses? Axl's left eye is a bit squintier than his right, lazy eye? (I'm saying nothing ?) 

Think no  his father,Axl now have lens contact

34 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

15 minutes ago, Frey said:

Or maybe he's just been near-sighted his entire life or from an early age on. He's been wearing contacts for most of his life now, but when his bad eye sight was first discovered, they might have just pusehd the first pair of glasses on him that they could find. As he got a little older, he might have refused to wear his glasses like a lot of kids do, and then at some point he  discovered contact lenses and never stopped wearing them basically.

Not to mention that eye-wear choices were probably pretty limited back in the 60s and the amount of kids' glasses to choose from must have been way smaller even. So him having these ugly glasses there doesn't necessarily indicate a severe eye problem to me, just a lack of better options back then lol.

I can relate to this. I started wearing glasses at the age of six and by glasses I mean something really fugly, Axl's glasses are beautiful compared to what I had to wear in the 90s :max:. I also remember wearing the eye patch since I had an lazy eye and it needed correction :facepalm: I'm really grateful for contact lenses, although I could talk hours about losing one inside my eye or forgetting to remove them at night :smiley-confused2:

Btw. Back to the animals topic, I've had two dogs and a parrot (now I don't have any) so I'm a sadistic and manipulative bitch :ph34r:

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

I need surgery on my eyes, so I'm really grateful the reunion happened before I fully go blind :lol:

26 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Think no  his father,Axl now have lens contact

They do look very similar in the child pics though. It's ok for the one parent to be ugly if the other is good looking enough to even it out. 

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And there is more information...

Hide contents

This is the stepfather (from the year he graduated and married Axl's mother)

2a6koaw.jpg

1:08 maybe a stepfather in this video

45 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I need surgery on my eyes, so I'm really grateful the reunion happened before I fully go blind :lol:

They do look very similar in the child pics though. It's ok for the one parent to be ugly if the other is good looking enough to even it out. 

True,but said  because no  nothing similar yes his mother and ,yes thanks GOD haha?

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Reveal hidden contents

2a6koaw.jpg

@Blackstar you're the greatest :lol::wub: Thank you :)

It's so interesting and strange (in a good way) to finally be able to picture the faces of these people Axl (and we) have talked about so much.

Also just for the record, I think that dude looks like a young version of tooth paste smile/polo shirt guy from the blurry family pictures.

So I'm leaning a little more now towards that guy being his stepfather too.

Guy in @Otas video:  :suspicious:  Hmm... Like @Blackstar said, I can see the similarity, but where the hell did that picture even come from? I've been following this band on the internet since I was a kid basically and I've never seen this picture before. Never seen anyone claim that was his step father either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Guy in @Otas video:  :suspicious:  Hmm... Like @Blackstar said, I can see the similarity, but where the hell did that picture even come from? I've been following this band on the internet since I was a kid basically and I've never seen this picture before. Never seen anyone claim that was his step father either.

I remember seeing this video before and that there was speculation that this was the stepfather, but I can't recall where I'd seen/read it... And I don't know how the person/people that made this video could have access to this pic.

I agree that it could also be the same guy as the one in the polo shirt.

--

@triad, thanks for the site tip ;) (also to reply to @SerenityScorp's question)

Edited by Blackstar
added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Yes, and back in the day glasses were actually *glass* and they didn't have the ability to make the thin, flexible polycarbonate lenses that they have now (and if there was any such thing, it was likely to be unaffordable to the average family). So the lenses were way thicker and probably also way heavier than what is available now.

Lots of kids are nearsighted from an early age, and IIRC there's some thought now that eye problems can be genetic, because you will find entire families wearing glasses. Also, sometimes kids don't have to wear them all the time; they might be for distance vision, like the blackboard. So that's all it might have been.

There are a few anecdotes published about Axl having contact lenses back even in the Hell House days and really taking care of them. And like a lot of people with glasses, he might have chosen to take them off in photos whenever he could. There's one photo I remember seeing of Axl with glasses as an adult, but I can't seem to find it on Google.

13 minutes ago, stella said:

Yes, and back in the day glasses were actually *glass* and they didn't have the ability to make the thin, flexible polycarbonate lenses that they have now (and if there was any such thing, it was likely to be unaffordable to the average family). So the lenses were way thicker and probably also way heavier than what is available now.

Lots of kids are nearsighted from an early age, and IIRC there's some thought now that eye problems can be genetic, because you will find entire families wearing glasses. Also, sometimes kids don't have to wear them all the time; they might be for distance vision, like the blackboard. So that's all it might have been.

There are a few anecdotes published about Axl having contact lenses back even in the Hell House days and really taking care of them. And like a lot of people with glasses, he might have chosen to take them off in photos whenever he could. There's one photo I remember seeing of Axl with glasses as an adult, but I can't seem to find it on Google.

In my country this lens say  bottle ass?

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

I really don't know what's your point. You derail too much :shrugs:

Are you saying you are a very smart kid who defies authority because you are a prodigy and cannot tolerate the system?

These kids/people are often diagnosed with ADHD or so, by the way and often are both brainy and artistic. They are best ones you can get, as long as you are 100% honest, true and consistent. Most kids/people would rather go with the crowd, if others rebel, they will, if everyone stands apart, they won`t be the ones to stand out. If you are bold and outstanding anyway, this does not matter for you. For example, I don`t remember anyone described teenage Slash or Duff, even they were also not little angels, as the kind of rebel wit attitude Axl was. 

Nothing changes when you are adult, there are still that authorities who insist on doing things without thinking of them. OK, you can usually do nothing with bureaucracy, but in most fields you can do things better or different way than usual. Yes, this makes lifetime problems with authorities and collectives at all. If you are lucky, you are within the system, which is mostly equitable and there are people who see what you can and that you see the world unusual way and protect you. 

Yes, I know how it`s like to be genius kid and an extraordinary adult. I can`t "go normal", even when I know my (social) life would be much smoother. That`s it.

15 hours ago, triad said:

Yeah, he probably looks more like his mom, but I definitely see a resemblance around the mouth and the eyes.  

Capture.JPG

Axl has his father`s jaw, compared to his brother, who has much more prominent chin like their mother had. But with his mother`s cheekbones, nice.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Reveal hidden contents

2a6koaw.jpg

wow, thank you for sharing this too!! :wow:

I can see a big resemblance of this guy and Stuart.
The eyes-eyebrows area, to be more exact.

CCz216lW0AESifl.jpg