Longest You Lined up for a Concert?

ChristmasFnatic

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

No idea, honestly. It's worth it more outside of North America, though.

That is true now....but back in the day lining up for shows was a big deal.

For Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time tour in 1988 we were in line shortly after 6:00 AM and had front row.

For Metallica, Damage Justice tour in 1988 we got in line right about NOON and got sixth row (this show was on Thanksgiving).  

These shows were all at Market Square Arena (before Deer Creek even existed) and many shows did not have GA seating.  So, the other time you had to line up was for tickets at the local ticket master venue when they went on sale before they went to a lottery system.  For Motley Crue, Girls Girls Girls we got second row and were the third group in our line at LS Ayres (we got in line at 10:00 PM the night before).  Also this was the show where the Wild Side video was recorded :)

For Metallica in March, 1992 at Roberts Stadium in Evansville, the whole floor was GA which was rare for that particular tour (Wherever I may Roam).  We left Bloomington, IN at 5:00 AM and arrived shortly after 8:00 in Evansville and got third row for that one.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

this was not the longest wait cos of a line but back in like '91 i snuck off with some older friends to a Day on the Green concert and for some reason we left at midnight and got there around 2 a.m. ( theconcert did not start til the afternoon! ) by the time we got in we were so drunk and stoned i don't remember the damn concert!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this was not the longest wait cos of a line but back in like '91 i snuck off with some older friends to a Day on the Green concert and for some reason we left at midnight and got there around 2 a.m. ( theconcert did not start til the afternoon! ) by the time we got in we were so drunk and stoned i don't remember the damn concert!

Damn, 91.. Was that Metallica and Soundgarden? 

• Like 2

U2 for 12 hours, 3 separate times. Never had an issue with needing to go to the bathroom.  I mean fuck what kind lineup were some of you in? Savages won't hold your spot? You make friends in line and do each other a solid so you can actually leave to piss and stretch your legs. It's only when the venue security heard you up like cattle that there's no more leaving and that's usually within an hour of the doors opening. I can't imagine lining up for 12 hours and holding my piss. Why? haha! 

*Edit: I lined up for 6 hours one time in the middle of the night in -20 degree celsius for the opportunity to buy GnR tickets back in the day(1993) when you could only by them a ticketmaster outlet or on the phone.  I was 11th in line. It was a long, cold fucking wait but worth it. 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2