Longest You Lined up for a Concert?

ChristmasFnatic

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

You didnt have a companion to hold the line? But you got front row right?

Of course, but add to the fact that I had way too many beers and it was a tiresome three hours show.

Generally, I don't mind waiting in line, I come up with a bottle of vodka and orange juice , a pack of Marlboro and stuff, waiting in line getting shitfaced. Th hardest is waiting at the venue, you can't really do what you want and I feel like I'm in a slaughterhouse.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Of course, but add to the fact that I had way too many beers and it was a tiresome three hours show.

Generally, I don't mind waiting in line, I come up with a bottle of vodka and orange juice , a pack of Marlboro and stuff, waiting in line getting shitfaced. Th hardest is waiting at the venue, you can't really do what you want and I feel like I'm in a slaughterhouse.

Talk to other fans? Especially the hot girls or sexy dudes!!!

1 minute ago, Słash said:

Which show? 

Don't matter, I've seen GnR three times (06-10-12), and everytime it's the same old shit. I am willing to wait that long if Izzy or Buckethead are coming back.

Other than that, If I want to see Axl it's going to be with Angus, straight two hours show nine-eleven, that's it.

Just now, Silent Jay said:

Don't matter, I've seen GnR three times (06-10-12), and everytime it's the same old shit. I am willing to wait that long if Izzy or Buckethead are coming back.

Other than that, If I want to see Axl it's going to be with Angus, straight two hours show nine-eleven, that's it.

So for all the Axl's solo shows you lined up for 12 hours? 

9 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Talk to other fans? Especially the hot girls or sexy dudes!!!

Yeah being the cool cat. Usually if you have drinks with you or joints and stuff, people are willing to talk whatever you want. But I don't talk about the band because I don't want them to know that I'm such a fanboy lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Słash said:

So for all the Axl's solo shows you lined up for 12 hours? 

Well no, like I came at noon after lunch. But if you have to wait until 11pm-midnight to see the band, it doesn't make any difference that's pretty much the same thing, you're waiting like a complete useless douche.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Well no, like I came at noon after lunch. But if you have to wait until 11pm-midnight to see the band, it doesn't make any difference that's pretty much the same thing, you're waiting like a complete useless douche.

Thats true, I saw him in 2012, he started the show at like 11.30 and I had reached the venue at 3pm, I did have the early access and I had taken a seat, so well I din't have to stand, but I felt really bad for the people who were standing in front for like 8 hours 

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Yeah being the cool cat. Usually if you have drinks with you or joints and stuff, people are willing to talk whatever you want. But I don't talk about the band because I don't want them to know that I'm such a fanboy lol

Just tell them you dont know anything except SCOM, PC, and that Welcome to the Forest song

I guess Vegas last year, 7AM. But that's easy because once some friends line up, Vegas is so easy to just take turns and walk around, go back to the hotel, etc. 

Other than that, probably 9AM for one or two other NITL shows last year.

But, if you're counting the wait time until the band actually hit the stage, a NuGuns show might take the cake there.

1 minute ago, Black Sabbath said:

I guess Vegas last year, 7AM. But that's easy because once some friends line up, Vegas is so easy to just take turns and walk around, go back to the hotel, etc. 

Other than that, probably 9AM for one or two other NITL shows last year.

But, if you're counting the wait time until the band actually hit the stage, a NuGuns show might take the cake there.

7am?! Damn. All those shows you end up front row?

22 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Wow. How about those who got VIP/Early Entry? Not many?

Early entry for GN'R nowadays is hardly early entry. It's just overpriced, VIP "experiences" that rich people spend their money on to say they did. A few select REAL fans will buy them because they want to, but not typically it seems. Bottom line is if you want front row, early entry or not, it's attainable. It's just a matter of paying the money or waiting the time.

Really never lined up that long for anyone. I get my tickets usually online or years ago on the phone.

I usually get to the venue about the time the doors open, so I go right in, especially the summer months. You don't want to be waiting inline for long in Dallas in the summer months. You could dehydrate in a few minutes.

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Early entry for GN'R nowadays is hardly early entry. It's just overpriced, VIP "experiences" that rich people spend their money on to say they did. A few select REAL fans will buy them because they want to, but not typically it seems. Bottom line is if you want front row, early entry or not, it's attainable. It's just a matter of paying the money or waiting the time.

Fair enough. But in your experience, how many estimate paid for the EE per show?