British Politics

Gracii Guns

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've been trying to forget it since I read about it! Same with Major and Edwina Currie; to think, Spitting Image had him this grey and boring bloke, eating the peas from the dinner plate with Norma, ''peas are nice Norma'', and all the time in office he was rogering Edwina.

Id like to see a Major and Currie sex tape...no wonder he always sounded so relaxed.  I bet he kept his socks and glasses on!

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Id like to see a Major and Currie sex tape...no wonder he always sounded so relaxed.  I bet he kept his socks and glasses on!

Less a pee pee tape and more a pea pea tape eh? :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rent boys are more the Tory style. Unless you believe there is some substance to these Ted Heath allegations.

I don't know, for some reason, something about Ted makes me think he was just a bit of billy no mates type as opposed to someone who didn't have no relationships cuz he was hiding something dark and evil.  Just like a Kenneth Williams/Morrissey type thing, just didn't do sexual contact.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't know, for some reason, something about Ted makes me think he was just a bit of billy no mates type as opposed to someone who didn't have no relationships cuz he was hiding something dark and evil.  

Over 30 people who accused him that the police were taking serious. Factor in everything you've learned about Margret Thatcher's friends during the 70s/80s over the past few years.

Well Ted Heath loathed Margaret Thatcher so I fail to see what that proves! Their feud commenced with the leadership challenge and remained while Heath was on the backbenches - ''the longest sulk in history'' it was called; it not just 'party politics' but ideologically driven also as Heath was an 'one-nationist' conservative who disagreed with monetarism and other economic policies emanating from the new centre-right of the conservative party.

On 19/04/2017 at 6:02 PM, AtariLegend said:

The self-hatred is real. Just like LGBT people who voted for Trump, these people are voting against their sexualities and identities. I've yet to meet a conservative LGBT person who isn't rich af, which seems to take precedence over all else.

14 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Over 30 people who accused him that the police were taking serious. Factor in everything you've learned about Margret Thatcher's friends during the 70s/80s over the past few years.

I never really looked into any of the details to be honest, it seemed to me that after Saville they just went for anyone that was an eccentric person with a dubious sex life, I've heard them have a pop at Kenneth Williams and Wilfred Brambell and Heath etc etc.  I mean what do we really know about anyone but at least the first two were pretty much known to be gays that couldn't really come out and say it.  

The fact is to be gay in them days you'd either have to be a complete social outcast and possibly end up in nick or you just went the route of standing around in mens room or rent boys or going on these cruises to the east to pick up boys.  Now obviously nothing on this fuckin' earth justifies pedophilia nor excuses it but you can explain why certain situations arose as they did.  I mean abuse is abuse, the sort of going into these fuckin' orphan homes and all that is grim as fuck but in terms of like, boys that are underage or just abouts, a lot of these fuckin' gay guys in the 60s and prior to that, they literally had no other outlet for their queerness.  It really damaged them as people.  Like Ken Williams, thats why he fuckin' ended up the way he did, just totally fuckin' asexual cuz the whole shit surrounding being gay just drove him nuts.  He ended up just this really fuckin' lonely guy.  Heath always struck me as a bit like that.  And in being gay and having to go to male prozzies, i can't imagine they was checking their fuckin' ID everytime they shagged some lad who was young looking.  It was a sad state of affairs and it  led to sort of criminal behaviour.  And also, if you think about it, in them days being gay and being a pedo was, legally as well as morally, on a par, being gay in them days, with the world being as it was, a great many of them probably thought of themselves as no better one way or the other.  

None of this is being said in terms of any of the realities of what was going on with Heath, i really wouldn't know, I'm not aware of what went on with his accusations, I just always knew of him broadly and as a sort of cultural figure of a time that i know a bit about (post war England and all that).  But he always struck me as pretty much what he was known as, just a bloke who never got none...though there were rumours abound with him just as there are with anyone who ain't like, had some sort of obvious relationship or what have you.

Even with somebody as thoroughly guilt and disgusting as Saville, I read somewhere that about 60 of the accusations were bunk and thrown out.

6 hours ago, toroymoi said:

The self-hatred is real. Just like LGBT people who voted for Trump, these people are voting against their sexualities and identities. I've yet to meet a conservative LGBT person who isn't rich af, which seems to take precedence over all else.

I don't follow? There are homosexuals who are conservatives (Alan Duncan). The Same-Sex Marriage Bill in 2013 was introduced by a Conservative MP (Maria Miller) and voted for by 127 Conservatives! The Tories might be many things, an 'old boy's club' Oxbridge clique, hideous exploiters of the poor, 'by Jingo' militarists etc etc, but I do not believe you can accuse them of being anti-homosexuality - at least not the modern incarnation.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even with somebody as thoroughly guilt and disgusting as Saville, I read somewhere that about 60 of the accusations were bunk and thrown out.

I don't follow? There are homosexuals who are conservatives (Alan Duncan). The Same-Sex Marriage Bill in 2013 was introduced by a Conservative MP (Maria Miller) and voted for by 127 Conservatives! The Tories might be many things, an 'old boy's club' Oxbridge clique, hideous exploiters of the poor, 'by Jingo' militarists etc etc, but I do not believe you can accuse them of being anti-homosexuality - at least not the modern incarnation.

The idea, or presumption, that there is a queer vote that is exclusively liberal is a fallacy.  In fact the idea that liberal and the left are the same thing is swiftly becoming a fallacy in this day and age.

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The idea, or presumption, that there is a queer vote that is exclusively liberal is a fallacy.  In fact the idea that liberal and the left are the same thing is swiftly becoming a fallacy in this day and age.

Hur hur hur! You said phallus! :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll put it another way: If Dazey steps over a river he becomes a Mackem.

Really?!?  I thought he was like...more to the left :lol:  Then again i know fuck all about the north geographically.

EDIT: I just looked it up, fuckin' hell, thats opposite side of the country!  Shows what i fuckin' know.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Really?!?  I thought he was like...more to the left :lol:  Then again i know fuck all about the north geographically.

Yorkshire is basically this massive county and Dazey is from about as far north as you can get in it,

abc-yorkshire-map.png

North-east corner of map.

He is practically a fan of Durham!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

Where i thought he was from is where Kerby is...like geographically i thought it was that end.  I thought Barnsley was over there too.  Don't ask me why, just some vague notion in my head.  Look, there's a Stamford Bridge up North too! :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Where i thought he was from is where Kerby is...like geographically i thought it was that end.  I thought Barnsley was over there too.  Don't ask me why, just some vague notion in my head.  Look, there's a Stamford Bridge up North too! :lol:

Oi! I live in Cheshire now I'll have you know!!! Proper posh and all that innit!!!! :lol: