Did anyone here see the old GNR live??

Gallagher Rose

I'd live to see the classic line-up but only if it wasn't at the expense of the current line-up. It's a shame that Axl wasn't able to get 2-3 albums out since 2001 because I think that we would have had a show or (hof or other benefit) without issue.

• Like 1

Sunday 30TH MAY 1993 - THE NATIONAL BOWL - AT MILTON KEYNES, UK

it was proper huge rock star material. Blind Melon played, followed by Soul Asylum, followed by The Cult. A helicopter flew over, landed behind the USE YOUR ILLUSION stage, and moments later, GUNS N'ROSES stormed onto the stage, they were loud, and the place rocked. Slash was great, Axl was happy, Izzy was there! ..Duff was, well Duff in a good way.. Axl was wearing a red Manson t-shirt. I was standing near the font.

years later.. i would seen new GN'R at LONDON ARENA, UK on SUNDAY 26th August 2002. It wasn't a patch on the 1993 show. Buckethead was interesting. I left the gig feeling un impressed. I view this gig as Axl 'cornrow era' Rose..

Edited by vaida

Hamilton, Canada 1993

Crazy show and true GNR fashion.

First the show was almost canceled a few days before. The show ended up being moved forward a day or two.

Almost 2 hours late. Axl flipped out at the end of SCOM and stormed off stage because a bottle hit him. He returned for the encore but just stood there like in that Dublin show where he was bottled. He then walked off mid-song and they did an extended jam with Duff on vocals. 97.7 HTZ FM reported that someone threw a lighter at him during Paradise City and that's why he left again. All in all, he did the full 2 hours, plus we got to experience a true Axl walk-off.

The two main things I took home with that show were 1) the vibe was just unreal. I can't explain the vibe in that arena, it was a mix of volatile and a cheap strip club - was awesome. They were the biggest band in the world and by that point the UYI tour had racked up some crazy stories in the press, and 2) everyone expected a Paris 1992 show with all the backing singers, etc. because MuchMusic was airing the PPV show regularly. People were blown away by just being the band up there rocking out. Would love to get a video of it.

EDIT:

Found this on gnrontour.com:

Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, The Garden, Live And Let Die, Attitude, So Fine, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Patience [w/ Pinball Wizard], Piano Solo, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You [intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine

Mother [intro] / Paradise City

I actually remember Brownstone not being played and wondering why. Everyone loved the acoustic set. I was up close though, not sure how it would've been for people in the stands.

Edited by hellobeatle

Thought I had posted in this thread but maybe it was started when I was in exile..........

Saw them twice in 1987 at the L'Amour, Brooklyn and the first Ritz show (not the 88 MTV show) both are in my top 10 most amazing concerts of all time.

Saw them twice in 88 opening for Aerosmith at Great Woods in Mansfield, MA on consecutive days and as someone mentioned Axl's voice was fried and the performances were o.k. but they were not on the top of their game.

During the UYI tour I saw them in Worcester, MA and either Hartford or New Haven, CT don't remember which and had tickets to see them in Lake Compounce, CT but it was cancelled twice..............

For me the UYI performances, as good as they were, could not hold a candle to the 2- 1987 shows I saw...............

I saw them open for Aerosmith at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin in 1987. Funny story : they were originally booked for Milwaukee's Summerfest (I have a t-shirt that says "Guns n Roses Summerfest 1987" on it with the cross) Once they blew up they started touring with Aerosmith so they cancelled the Summerfest gig and went to Alpine instead. They blew Aerosmith off of the stage. To this day it was the best concert I have ever seen and I've seen lots.

I also saw them kick off their world tour at Alpine Valley in 1991. They had Skid Row opening for them (who were pretty kick-ass themselves that night). I sat next to a USA Today reporter that could not believe that they were touring before the UYI albums came out and was generally a bitch the whole concert. She DID end up giving them a good review on the front page of the USA Today the next day. Show was awesome, Axl was running around like a mad-man in a cast, umpire's chest protector & AXL hightops.

I've seen them a few times since, twice in Chicago & once in Minneapolis. I bought tickets for their Milwaukee show a couple tours ago but it got cancelled.

To this day, Guns N Roses has never played Milwaukee!

Edited by robbyr1

Wembley 91

Cologne 92

Paris 92

Rotterdam 92

Milton Keynes 93

Nijmegen 93

Nijmegen 93 (Sat. n Sunday)

Werchter 93

Edit typo

Fuck you. :hug:

Yeah... good-sigh1-smiley.gif Where's this time machine when you need it