Top 10 resolutions for the band in 2007

rockstar81

- Release the album

- Use massive promotion

- Release several singles (with videos)

- Release a DVD at the end of 2007

- Make a TV/Internet Broadcast show (like Rock in Rio)

- Richard Fortus on Lead Guitar

- Back with 2 guitar players, or put BBF on rythm

- Developp the official website, with individual profiles for each bandember, not ONLY about Axl.

- Stop the "it's all about Axl" official policy. Give more space to the rest of the band.

- Tour everywhere in the world

- Release the album.

- Promote. Promote. Promote.

- Make it obvious this is a NEW band. Pictures, bios, videos of the new guys everywhere. Show confidence in them.

- Setlist changes. Less AFD/Illusions, more ChiDem.

- More contact/updates with fans. 'We're in the studio doing x and x'.

- Give Ron and Fortus some of Finck's solos in songs.

- Do something interesting with the solos (Like Ron covering Don't Cry).

Can't think of anything else atm.

• Send Rockin' Robin Finck 182 back to Trent with a big red bow tied around his head

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Kick Savage Animals ass back to the 80s

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

-Pray the Portland Fire Marshall has a shite New Year! :fuckyou:

You've heard theelsewhere phoneinterview with the fire marshall? He was just doing his job..

-Get rid of Bach.

-Change the band name.

-Cut Fincks beard and do something to his hair.

-Now shoot a video.

-Realese a single and promotion, promotion, promotion.

-Realease the album.

-Cut solos of the setlist (and re-make the whole setlist.)

-Europe-tour.

Edited by Wando

- Release the album

- Use massive promotion

- Developp the official website, with individual profiles for each bandember, not ONLY about Axl.

- Stop the "it's all about Axl" official policy. Give more space to the rest of the band.

Agree totally with the bold

plus - release a single immediately

- be more accesible to their fans

- Axl should lose some weight and get rid of the braids :)

You people who want to just drop Finck and give the world to Fortus. Yeah, Finck can annoy me too with his playing, but it's not about the old solos with this band; it's about Chinese Democracy.

Have you ever considered who is the primary writer working with Axl? All evidence points to it being Finck. He wrote the first TWAT solo, he wrote the Blues solo, a couple of solos on IRS, and the last Better solo (and a lot of that song). None of this makes him the next Jimmy Page, or Slash for that matter, but it does appear like he's got something to offer when it comes to making new music.

Please tell me what Richard Fortus has written for this band? If it turns out that he has written some good shit, then I will acknowledge that. But until then I am not ready to hand the reins to a guy who has some cool poses and punches his guitar approximately one thousand times a night (I really hate that), and kick a guy to the curb who I know can write some good stuff.

In short, Better and The Blues solos > guitar punching and cool poses

No offense to Richard, but we simply do not know as of yet what his contributions to the new album are. He is a very good live player, certainly better than Finck. But Axl has Finck in the lead spot for a reason. It sure ain't for his playing of the old solos, it's obviously for his writing and on stage energy. I really don't care about the November Rain or Rocket Queen solos anymore. When I want to hear those done the way they should be I will listen to Slash himself play it.

To answer the question, the best thing this band can do is release the album and start playing more of it in concert.

I can't believe I am defending Finck so much!! :o

- Release the album

- Use massive promotion

Derrr

You people who want to just drop Finck and give the world to Fortus. Yeah, Finck can annoy me too with his playing, but it's not about the old solos with this band; it's about Chinese Democracy.

Have you ever considered who is the primary writer working with Axl? All evidence points to it being Finck. He wrote the first TWAT solo, he wrote the Blues solo, a couple of solos on IRS, and the last Better solo (and a lot of that song). None of this makes him the next Jimmy Page, or Slash for that matter, but it does appear like he's got something to offer when it comes to making new music.

Please tell me what Richard Fortus has written for this band? If it turns out that he has written some good shit, then I will acknowledge that. But until then I am not ready to hand the reins to a guy who has some cool poses and punches his guitar approximately one thousand times a night (I really hate that), and kick a guy to the curb who I know can write some good stuff.

In short, Better and The Blues solos > guitar punching and cool poses

No offense to Richard, but we simply do not know as of yet what his contributions to the new album are. He is a very good live player, certainly better than Finck. But Axl has Finck in the lead spot for a reason. It sure ain't for his playing of the old solos, it's obviously for his writing and on stage energy. I really don't care about the November Rain or Rocket Queen solos anymore. When I want to hear those done the way they should be I will listen to Slash himself play it.

To answer the question, the best thing this band can do is release the album and start playing more of it in concert.

I can't believe I am defending Finck so much!! :o

Good honest post KBear. It shouldn't be about defending anyone though, it's about the music.

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Kick Savage Animals ass back to the 80s

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

• Release the album

AMEN!! (yah, i edited your first suggestion <_< )

make robin dance more onstage...its an artform!

Edited by M_B

-release the album

-release the album

-release the album

-release the album

-release the album

-release the album

- Give MotherGoose a short solo (or bring Silkworms back on setlist)

-release the album

-release the album

- Kick out Baz from the GNR scene....

1. play the park in new york inwhich Garth Brooks played so a million people will show up! tape it and have it played on mtv and fuse all day long! (like in rock in rio before the illusions came out!

2. do tons of interviews that kids will see or read to prove that gnr is a band and not mucisians in it for money!

3. do some seirous rock videos! ( inwhich the band is the main focus! have the band rock out to the new songs like in welcome to the jungle, live n let die, paradise city, sweet child, and dead horse!)

4. when gnr does solos.....make them good! when dizzy played while my guitar gently weeps in chicago, i thought it was the highlight of the night! but when fortus didnt play beautiful i thought his solo sucked! they need to all play something awesome!

5. kill dave grohl! i fu#king hate that guy!!!! hes a real axl hater!

6. and finaly in 2007, play dont cry, civil war, and maybe estranged! these songs will put an end to people wanting slash and duff back!

IT WOULD BE FUCKING AWESOME IF AXL PLAYED AND SANG LET IT BE by the Beatles for his solo!

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS IN 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Goes without saying, but make sure the album is out by March/April

2) Produce a November Rain-like video for a November Rain-like song

3) Retire the 2002/2006 setlist

4) Put grudges aside and have occasional 'guest' spots for Slash/Duff/Izzy/Buckethead

5) From a marketing point of view, shake shit up by doing something crazy (maybe Axl should fight a celebrity)

6) If you're going to have solos in your live set, make them something people recognize or enjoy (as opposed to whatever Finck played and 'Beautiful' by Fortus).

7) Hire a manager that doesn't dick around its fans.

8) Start a real fan club

9) In-store promotion the day the album comes out (with a band signing at the Virgin Megastore in New York)

10) Play the Superbowl for 2008

11) A live DVD would be great

12) Documentary about the making of Chinese Democracy

13) A free show somewhere

14) Play the MTV Music Awards to make up for 2002

15) A return of DJ Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith for Grand Theft Auto 4 coming October 2007

16) New songs that did not make Chinese Democracy released on movie soundtracks

17) Have multiple covers for the new album

18) Label a tour "Back in the Jungle" and play only cities with baggage (St. Louise, Philadelphia, Montreal, Vancouver)

19) Run contests to meet the band

20) Most importantly, play my backyard!

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

- release album

- Oh My God and TWAT in the setlist

- NO change in the line-up

- single(s)

- musicvideo(s)

- Asia tour (and drop by Australia for the fans down there :) )

- new Europe tour

- dont drop the soloes, when your at the concerts its nice with soloes, people are trying to kill you and you get the chanse to breath.

- release a live dvd

1. Tour Asia and Europe again

2. Come to Croatia :unsure:

3. Release the album

4. Promotion. And plenty of it.

5. Play new material but not all new material.

5. Release 3 to 4 singles.

6. Just as many music videos.

7. Lose some of the solos and bring back T.W.A.T. to the setlist (and maybe CITR?)

Ummm how to make a better band..... :P im not even gonna mention my idea of a better band.... (S.D.I.S.A rock3 )

But hell... get a damn album out... even if it is onley a remasterd version of lies im happy... do a tour... don`t bite any more guards... Give a fucking interwiew... Cut of one of the keyboardplayers ( don`t need to name the person) (pit) :lol: Write some new rockers... whitout that lame tecno sound rock4

rock1