Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I've got a bad feeling Axl won't be saying much until these Canadian shows. Let's hope I'm wrong.

It's fair enough. He didn't create a twitter account to talk about his personal life like "Hey I just woke up and I'm going to take a dump" or "me and Sasha are going to the movies watch *insert movie name here* anyone else going?" or similars. He created that shit to communicate with the fans and share his thoughts about the tour, so it's pretty normal if he only gets back to tweeting when the Canadian tour starts. Axl likes to keep his private live private. This is some time off he and the band got for themselves, we should let them enjoy their short vacation...

I could be wrong, of course. What if Axl has really changed and is now more open to connect with us and to share his life? What if tomorrow he tweets about his breakfast and decides to do an interview? I really don't know what to expect from Axl, the man is a surprise box! I'd love to see it all happen. But what we know from his tweets is that he's really excited and bouncing of so much happiness, and I'm really glad for him!

LOL! :lol: Yeah, he's definitely a surprise box. That's why he's so fascinating! :wub:

Anyway, I also think that he won't be updating his twiter so frequently as he was. He wished everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year already!! But it's ok! It's not non of our business what he does in Holiday vacation. He needs to rest and recharge energy for next year's tour! rock3

There is NO fucking way Axl is really posting on twitter, he goes un heard from for the better part of a decade, and now just as he goes on tour and gets ready for some canadian shows he's on twitter, yeah right.

its clearly axl.

nobody can fake being that weird.

not knocking him, its awesome, its distinctly axl.

plus, just cause you dont expect him to do it, doesnt mean its impossible.

people said CD would never come out too.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Oh my fucking God... Stop saying it isn't Axl! :fuckyou:

If it wasn't Axl, would this thread have lasted to page 19?

Also, if it wasn't Axl, would the official FaceBook page have posted the link in the first place?

:rolleyes:

More to the point, if it wasn't Axl, why would Bumblefoot @ him?

Probably not the right place for this, but Frank Ferrer has a blog apparently. http://thunderchucker.com/blog/

He wrote this today:

Coming Home

December 23rd, 2009

Wow…

Japan was sick. Osaka and Tokyo was so amazing. To be on that stage, with this band, was much much more than I imagined. How quickly DJ settled in and how we were able to adjust in less than four shows after not having been on stage together in two and a half years and never being on stage with DJ was simply amazing.

Slammin’ guitar player and even a better guy. Axl singing his ass off. The band being able to play a ton of new songs. What a start. Here we go…

May your God bless you all…

Thank you!!!

And he has some pretty cool pictures, none of Axl, not surprisingly I guess.

Probably not the right place for this, but Frank Ferrer has a blog apparently. http://thunderchucker.com/blog/

He wrote this today:

Coming Home

December 23rd, 2009

Wow…

Japan was sick. Osaka and Tokyo was so amazing. To be on that stage, with this band, was much much more than I imagined. How quickly DJ settled in and how we were able to adjust in less than four shows after not having been on stage together in two and a half years and never being on stage with DJ was simply amazing.

Slammin’ guitar player and even a better guy. Axl singing his ass off. The band being able to play a ton of new songs. What a start. Here we go…

May your God bless you all…

Thank you!!!

And he has some pretty cool pictures, none of Axl, not surprisingly I guess.

Cool pics!!! And Frank is absolutely the right guy. Although Brain is the more technical drummer according to the experts, he always gave me the impression he was in it for the money. The other day somebody made the great comparison of them 2 with Adler & Sorum.

Exactly.

Next person to say it isn't Axl and is actually being serious, is getting reported.

I agree.

If it wasn't Axl,it wouldn't have been posted on the official site. So it quite clearly is Axl. The official site posts are reliable and trustworthy.

Axl just can't win, one minute he is been trashed about the album, then being trashed about his looks, then about him not promoting or being seen in public.

Now he is touring and being seen in public forthe first time in a while people still find things to trash him about, i mean for the first time in a long time Axl seem Happy an is making all this effort to keep in touch with fans and trying to keep us up to date with whats going on with everything with his twitter and what not.

So i think everyone should just be happy he is doing well and is actually happy with whats going on in his life and with his music and he is touring and so far nothing has went wrong as far as i know everthing has started on time and there has been no stormingoff the stage and the usual, he is going up there and putting on a good show like he used to.

So just be happy.

:)

Exactly.

Next person to say it isn't Axl and is actually being serious, is getting reported.

How can anyone really think it's not him? The intentionally excessive use of exclamation points, the humorous TV and film references (Oz today), I mean c'mon!!! Read his responses here last December, epscially in the back and forth Q and A's before "Just The Tip". Same guy, he wouldn't trust anyone else to do it for him.

To rehash an earlier point I think his "12 year old" writing style, as it was so referred, is his being 'hip' in a very tongue and cheek way. He seems to really enjoy this, as many celebs do, but twittering is almost tailor made for him in ways. God Bless, hope he keeps at it.

Edited by axlskAmpf

Yay, a new Axl tweet!

LA!! Thanks Asia n' Yes Toto we'll miss u (if u've been to Japan u'll get the reference) but there's no place like home, no place like home!! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah n' Happy New Year!! See ya's in Canada!!

Cool, nice to see him using it in his off time

Yeah. :thumbsup:

it's getting annoying with the idiots that keep saying it isn't Axl tweeting. STFU!

Thanks Axl. Looking forward to Toronto! Hoping you're gonna' kick-ass there like you did in Tokyo! :kiss:;)

anybody know what's up with that pic on Franks blog of the broken gibson? it looks like Dj's hat underneath a black bandana beside it.

Yay, a new Axl tweet!

LA!! Thanks Asia n' Yes Toto we'll miss u (if u've been to Japan u'll get the reference) but there's no place like home, no place like home!! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah n' Happy New Year!! See ya's in Canada!!

Cool, nice to see him using it in his off time

It would be so awesome if Axl started using Twitter as a vehicle for his rants.