Could the problem be that Axl doesn't creatively click with this lineup?

music is not being released because of the label

Can either of you provide one ounce of proof for that?

There is tons. Use Google my friend.

This misery is happening to a lot of artists not just GNR.

But yet, other bands seemingly aren't effected. That's why I wonder about the validity of your statement.

If a band can make the studio money - they will release music from that band.

If Axl handed the label a killer album, they would release it in a heart-beat.

Since 2000:

Prince has released 18 albums

Bon Jovi has released six studio albums, 2 live albums, an EP, a greatest hits album, an acoustic album and a box set.

U2 has eight releases

Metallica has seven releases

Iron Maiden has 14 releases

And ACDC only has four releases.........but also released an amazing box set:

" includes three CDs, two DVDs, one LP, a 164 page hard-back coffee table book and collectible merchandise reproductions all housed in an operating 1 watt guitar amplifier. One CD includes rare studio tracks including a-sides (Who Made Who 12" a-side; Big Gun), b-sides, and UK and Australian-only releases, while the other two CDs document live tracks which have appeared on singles, EPs and promo or soundtrack albums over the years. Part three of the Family Jewels DVD series is included and also the entire 2003 Circus Krone, Munich, Germany gig on DVD."

I wouldn't be able to write a song knowing Ashba was going to participate (or even worse, was in the room with me).

Freaky Styley is a really underrated album. Was it Irons on drums?

Actually Cliff Martinez drummed on the album, though Irons returned right after for the album's tour.

I really dig Jack's drumming. My favorite era of Pearl Jam was with him on drums. I especially liked his drumming on MirrorBall. What Peppers' albums is he on? Is he on Uplift Mofo?

Uplift Mofo is the only album he drummed completely. Such a great album. He helped out in some way on their debut, too.

music is not being released because of the label

Can either of you provide one ounce of proof for that?

There is tons. Use Google my friend.

This misery is happening to a lot of artists not just GNR.

But yet, other bands seemingly aren't effected. That's why I wonder about the validity of your statement.

If a band can make the studio money - they will release music from that band.

If Axl handed the label a killer album, they would release it in a heart-beat.

Since 2000:

Prince has released 18 albums

Bon Jovi has released six studio albums, 2 live albums, an EP, a greatest hits album, an acoustic album and a box set.

U2 has eight releases

Metallica has seven releases

Iron Maiden has 14 releases

And ACDC only has four releases.........but also released an amazing box set:

" includes three CDs, two DVDs, one LP, a 164 page hard-back coffee table book and collectible merchandise reproductions all housed in an operating 1 watt guitar amplifier. One CD includes rare studio tracks including a-sides (Who Made Who 12" a-side; Big Gun), b-sides, and UK and Australian-only releases, while the other two CDs document live tracks which have appeared on singles, EPs and promo or soundtrack albums over the years. Part three of the Family Jewels DVD series is included and also the entire 2003 Circus Krone, Munich, Germany gig on DVD."

Volcano???

The label see's the money in a reunion.

But all the ChiDem songs are already paid for by the label aren't they? so why would the label not want to release them even if only as 99 cent downloads to recoup some of their $14 million recording costs?

Somehow I doubt the label is the reason............

How many of those bands are on their own label or something other than Interscope though?

So you are saying this is an Interscope issue then?

I just looked them up and they have a ton of bands signed that put out records/music on a routine basis.

Not trying to argue with you, just confused as the point you are making.

Are you saying that if GnR was on a different label that it would be easier for them to put out music? And that the label is the reason that Axl has released one album in the last 15 years?

Do you think that if Axl walked into the label's main office tomorrow with 20 songs and said he was ready to release and promote a new album.........they wouldn't jump all over it?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by classicrawker. View it anyway?

Yes rawker, we understand you don't like Chinese Democracy.

Why the smartass answer?

Classic asked a couple questions and shared his opinion about the actual topic. He didn't insult anybody. He didn't insult another poster.

He made a statement, clearly based on facts about the album.

Why not just give him a respectful answer in return?

But all the ChiDem songs are already paid for by the label aren't they? so why would the label not want to release them even if only as 99 cent downloads to recoup some of their $14 million recording costs?

I think the label got their money back with the Dr. Pepper and Best Buy deal. New music doesn´t seem to be a priority for the label nor for Axl

I think the label got their money back with the Dr. Pepper and Best Buy deal. New music doesn´t seem to be a priority for the label nor for Axl

Do you have a link or a source for that statement? That new music doesn't seem to be a priority for the label.

Labels are in the business to make money. If they thought a Justin Bieber album of him farting for 50 minutes would sell a million copies, that album would be released tomorrow. With the GnR band name and knowing another GnR album would sell at least a million copies, why wouldn't they be interested in new music from Axl? They were interested enough to shell out 14 million dollars for the last album, you don't think they'd like another one?

Do you have a link or a source for that statement? That new music doesn't seem to be a priority for the label.

Labels are in the business to make money. If they thought a Justin Bieber album of him farting for 50 minutes would sell a million copies, that album would be released tomorrow. With the GnR band name and knowing another GnR album would sell at least a million copies, why wouldn't they be interested in new music from Axl? They were interested enough to shell out 14 million dollars for the last album, you don't think they'd like another one?

Not if they don't believe it would sell good enough. If, in their eyes, a reunion would bring in the big bucks, and the contract is for one more album - would they be reluctant to "blow it" on a NuGNR release?

Personally I think this is the reason. I have no proof whatsoever, but it makes sense to me.

How many of those bands are on their own label or something other than Interscope though?

I just looked them up and they have a ton of bands signed that put out records/music on a routine basis.

Are you saying that if GnR was on a different label that it would be easier for them to put out music? And that the label is the reason that Axl has released one album in the last 15 years?

Do you think that if Axl walked into the label's main office tomorrow with 20 songs and said he was ready to release and promote a new album.........they wouldn't jump all over it?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by classicrawker. View it anyway?

Why the smartass answer?

Classic asked a couple questions and shared his opinion about the actual topic. He didn't insult anybody. He didn't insult another poster.

Probably because he can't refute what I said and it pisses him off............... :shrugs:

Marc Canter have said CD finally saw the light because the Dr. Pepper deal made it possible. But besides that I´m trying to think about any possible explantion for the lack of new music, CD leftovers in particular.

Why the smartass answer?

Probably because he can't refute what I said and it pisses him off............... :shrugs:

That's the only thing that annoys me about that little group's rants about people. They complain that you are too negative, but when you make a perfectly legitimate post - with no negativity......they just give a smartass response. Just shows that they don't come here to chat about GnR, but just come here to hassle people who have different opinions than they do.

Spirit - there probably is some truth to that.

But as much as Axl loves to sue people, I just have a feeling that he wouldn't sit back and take it if he was TRYING to release music but the label wasn't willing to release it, and they were forcing him to be trapped in a contract until he reunited. Wouldn't that be something you could sue a label over? They'd be restricting you from making a living.

Spirit - there probably is some truth to that.

But as much as Axl loves to sue people, I just have a feeling that he wouldn't sit back and take it if he was TRYING to release music but the label wasn't willing to release it, and they were forcing him to be trapped in a contract until he reunited. Wouldn't that be something you could sue a label over? They'd be restricting you from making a living.

I'm no legal expert, but if they don't have an "out-clause" in their contract it might be difficult. The label could make the argument that Axl's making a living by touring the world.

Do they have 1 or 2 albums left on their contract?

I don't think that information is known to the public.

People are assuming either one or two.

I thought that it was publicly known that they had renegotiated a 6 album deal right before the Illusions release. That would put it at 1 or 2 left (depending on whether the Illusions was considered 1 or 2 albums in terms of their contract).

I could see the label holding out thinking they held a lottery ticket that would be cashed if the old band got together. But, how much would a reunited GnR album really sell?

In today's climate, and if it had a hit or two, at most they'd probably be looking at 7-8 million world wide. Cd sold 3.5 million with no promotion from Axl - so it's not like the comparison is a gold album compared to an album selling 20 million copies. Unless it produced a couple hits, a reunited album isn't going to set the music world on fire. The tour would make a ton of cash, but I don't think the album would break records.

Would they really sit on a contract and not ever release anything and get zero dollars out of it? At some point, wouldn't they accept and release an album by Axl (if they thought it was good enough) or - if they knew Axl would just retire and never release another album or that he was never going to reunite - wouldn't they let him buy out the contract so they could make some cash on the deal?

I get the concept of them hoping for a reunion.

But logically it doesn't seem likely that is the case.

If Axl delivered an album. Or two albums. Or three albums. And they all were rejected by the label.........at that point, how could the label justify not opting out or letting Axl buy his way out of the last album? And at that point, couldn't Axl sue them? Can a label publically tell an artist "we're not ever letting you out of this contract until you record 15 songs with these three random guys that we choose." That doesn't seem legal.

And if it is just one album, and Axl didn't want to work with the label anymore, couldn't he just throw together a Greatest Hits album that included his 3-4 favorite CD songs and toss in 2 new songs and submit that and be done with the label for good?