Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

Yeah, I have no idea who the hell Audrey was talking about either, but maybe it was the guy who's truck was stolen? We never saw him again and he never showed up for the meet.

Anyway, David Lynch was at Ringo Starr's 77 birthday celebration. I saw a picture of them in the latest Rolling Stone.

I hope that Lynch ties things all together incase he doesn't want to continue Twin Peaks after this season.

I would love to see everyone back in Twin Peaks working together one last time.

Also want bad Cooper dead along with that Richard crazy bastard.

How a lost David Lynch script explains the divisive Dougie

The unproduced 1987 film One Saliva Bubble might be the clue to unlocking one of Twin Peaks’ most polarising new characters

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/36961/1/how-a-lost-lynch-script-explains

WARNING: spoilers ahead

Twin Peaks fans are divided. While most viewers would agree that season three has met and miraculously surpassed expectations, there’s still contention around the character of Dougie. Some people hate him. Really hate him. After all, we’re 12 episodes into the new season and Agent Dale Cooper is still nowhere to be found. Cooper was supposed to be the hero, the audience’s cipher into David Lynch’s impenetrable subconscious. But instead we get Kyle MacLachlan oscillating between Cooper’s evil doppelganger and the blank, adult-baby that is Dougie. We’ve somehow seen more of Michael Cera, Moby and the previously off-screen Diane than a living, breathing Agent Cooper in the real world.

For those not caught up on Dougie, he’s effectively a decoy created by Cooper’s doppelganger between seasons two and three. If you recall, season two ended with the ‘Good Dale’ imprisoned inside the Black Lodge, while a menacing lookalike took his place in Twin Peaks. This exchange was supposed to last 25 years – when time’s up, order would be restored. But to cheat the system, the evil doppelganger manufactured a doppelganger of his own called Dougie Jones. (A bit like the guy who created the ScarJo robot, perhaps.) The plan worked: after 25 years, Agent Cooper returned to our dimension and found himself transported into Dougie’s body instead. The problem is that, inside Dougie, Cooper appears to be braindead.

The clue to unlocking all this can perhaps be found in One Saliva Bubble, an unproduced screenplay by Lynch and Twin Peaks co-creator Mark Frost. The pair wrote the film in 1987, and it was nearly Lynch’s follow-up to Blue Velvet. Steve Martin and Martin Short read a draft and agreed to play the leads. “I was casting it,” Lynch said. “We went location scouting, and I was going to shoot it. And then (producer) Dino (De Laurentiis)’s company went bankrupt.”

So instead, Lynch and Frost wrote the pilot for Twin Peaks. But what became of One Saliva Bubble? Well, sifting through a copy of the script (the version circulating online dates back to May 1987) reveals a prototype for the Dougie storyline we’re now all enjoying and/or suffering through. Lynch called it “a nutty film, a sort of family comedy where nothing scary took place”. Elsewhere, he deemed it an “out-and-out wacky, dumb comedy… Mark and I were laughing like crazy when we wrote it.” Trust me, it’s bizarre.

As the elevator pitch goes, One Saliva Bubble is a body-swapping caper about a neighbourhood in Kansas populated by Dougies. It begins in a military bunker with scientists fussing over a computer panel. One immature guard cackles at a joke (“So she said to him, ‘poo-poo on your pee-pee’…”) and he in turn produces a single bubble of saliva that floats through the room and shorts a circuit. A satellite then emits a lightning bolt towards the town of Newtonville.

Here comes the Twin Peaks-y bit. Just as Dougie emerged from a plug socket (think back – in episode three, Cooper is brought back to Earth via electricity), the laser beam causes the residents of Newtonville to literally find themselves in each other’s shoes. Horton the hitman swaps bodies with Wally the boring family guy. Professor Hugo switches places with the not-so-smart Newt Newton. A white woman and a black man exchange outfits. A group of Chinese acrobats and 35 employees of Heinz ketchup take each other’s positions. And so on.

The ensuing chaos basically foreshadows Twin Peaks: The Return. Specifically, it’s the running gag that no one bats an eyelid at Dougie’s zombie-like behaviour. For instance, we’ve seen Cooper, trapped inside Dougie, inadvertently navigate three separate worlds: he fixes his marriage and sex life with Naomi Watts; he escapes death by gifting a pie to crooked criminals; and he produces gibberish drawings that transfix the boss at his corporate office job.

Interestingly, these three scenarios are all predicted by One Saliva Bubble: Horton-as-Wally, now manlier, seduces his wife and “marches her upstairs to you-know-where”, Wally-as-Horton teaches trigger-happy gangsters to swap their guns for delicious pies, and Newt-as-the-professor has his infantile activities scrutinised by scientists searching for hidden meanings. Furthermore, the body-swap repercussions are emphasised by characters wearing ghastly green suits around the workplace.

One Saliva Bubble also contains a few fun nuggets for Twin Peaks obsessives. There are characters called Gordon Cole, Mike, Ike and, most notably, Bob. This Bob, a cab driver called Bob McNabb, seems suspiciously like Killer Bob. Instead of swapping bodies, he’s turned evil by the lightning bolt. A piece of scene description goes: “His ‘good’ side controls the foot on the brake, the ‘demonic’ side pumps the accelerator like Buddy Rich assaulting his bass drum pedal.”

Bear in mind that episode eight of Twin Peaks: The Return (AKA the WTF one set in 1945) hints that Killer Bob originated from a nuclear blast. If we read between the lines, Lynch is telling us that Bob is a manmade creation and the embodiment of human nature’s self-destructive technology. It’s corroborated by One Saliva Bubble when the-professor-as-Newt writes up an equation on how to generate a plutonium bomb: “II x PIG^2 x C = (BOB)”. Did this iconic villain of pop culture get his name just because it’s one letter away from “bomb”?

Of course, the big question everyone wants to know is when Agent Cooper will return. One Saliva Bubble concludes with the Pentagon fixing the town by firing more laser beams, while the professor invents a new type of ketchup that transforms Heinz 57 into Heinz 58. That’s probably not going to happen in Twin Peaks. But there’s something in how One Saliva Bubble breaks the rules of comedy: it’s 140 pages and therefore 140 minutes, with the body-swapping not undoing itself until the final few moments. Is Dougie a satire of white male privilege? No, it’s just that Lynch and Frost will happily stretch out a gag beyond what conventional standards dictate.

This is setting myself up for humiliation if I’m proven wrong this Sunday, but I wouldn’t expect to see Agent Cooper until the season’s final episode. I’m not exactly placing money on this, but my takeaway from One Saliva Bubble – other than it’s a hilarious screenplay that every Lynch fan should read – is that he perceives body-swapping as an act of wish-fulfilment, and not just a straightforward imprisonment of Cooper’s soul. Lives are improved and experiences are widened. Dougie’s bright jacket lightens up every room he enters and he brings genuine happiness to everyone he encounters. Besides, it’s the same conclusion of Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway: the grass is always greener when you’re inhabiting somebody else’s body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

I haven't seen this show yet, it's been on my to do list.

Is it possible to watch "The Return" without having seen the original series from the 90's first, or should I just watch the 90's series first?

Start with the 90's version first, then the movie Fire Walk With Me, and then go to The Return. You can't go into The Return cold without some prior context from the original series. But I gotta warn you the tone between the original series, the movie, and this new season are all different beasts.

40 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Did anybody enjoy Part 13?

Absolutely

Spoiler

Only David Lynch can begin an episode where The Mitchem Brothers, Dougie, and the three coctail waitresses (Mandie, Sandie, and Candie) are doing some sort of conga line in the Lucky 7 Insurance Company. Funny as hell.

Sonny Jim gets a tricked out jungle gym set and Janey-E gets a brand new car.

Evil Cooper arrives at The Farm and we get a scene in like Over The Top with the arm wrestling. Cooper, always being the badass breaks the guys arm and then decks him so hard that his nose goes right into his face and kills him. Also Richard was at The Farm and sees Evil Cooper and looks like he is in awe.

Ray also finally gets plugged and tells Evil Coop he got the Owl Cave ring while he was in prison. From evidence in the episode I think it was Phillip Gerard (The One Arm Man) who gave Ray the Owl Cave ring He also tells Cooper that Phillip Jeffries, or someone he thinks is Jeffries, is the one who sent Ray to kill Evil Cooper. We don't have confirmation yet though. We do know that Ray's soul ends up in The Black Lodge.

Tom Sizemore's character tris to poison Dougie but don't go through with it. I have a feeling that Mr. Todd is going to end up killing him in the next episode.

The cops, in South Dakota ran Dougie's prints and find out he's an FBI agent and that he escaped prison 2 days ago. This is going to be one hell of a thread to solve.

Hutch and Shantel are on their way to Vegas to take out Dougie.

Also I'm glad that Big Ed finally shows up but I was just so heartbroken that Norma is with somebody else now. The RR Diner is now franchised which explains why she was doing all of that paperwork in previous episodes.

Loved the Dr. Jacoby and Nadine interaction.

Sarah Palmer is abviously a alcoholic and you can see the ashtrays are just overflowing with cigarette butts. That boxing match that continously loops and has that glitch to it weirded me out but also makes me realize there are Black Lodge spirits nearby. Very Poltergeisty

Poor Audrey though. It looks like that bank explosion has really truamatized her. She's bringing up that she doesn't know where The Roadhouse is and mentions Ghostwood. There is something very wrong with her.

James plays "Just You And I" at The Roadhouse. It was funny that they used the old version that he recorded with Donna and Madeline from the original series.

Then the episode concludes with Big Ed at his Gas Farm looking so dejected and sad.

Overall I like episodes like these. It now seems that since the original cast is starting to intercat with each other the pace is about to amp up. We only have 5 left to go.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/discuss/twin-peaks-part-13/episode-14-accidently-played-on-german-tv-beware-of-spoilers/

Episode 14 Accidently Played on German TV (BEWARE OF SPOILERS)  

Just wanted to warn everyone that the channel Sky Ticket Germany played episode 14 instead of 13 today (well they allowed 14 to be on demand while labeling it as 13). This has been confirmed through quite a few people on Twitter already etc.

Several topics about this on the Twin Peaks subreddit and some screenshots from the episode have already began making circulation. Might be best to stay off general twitter as this goes on. 

So PLEASE be careful on the internet. The episode might be ripped soon and there will be a lot of misinformation and spoiling to be had. Just wanted everyone to know. Stay prudent.

#KeepTheMysteryAlive

10 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Absolutely.

Overall I like episodes like these. It now seems that since the original cast is starting to interact with each other the pace is about to amp up. We only have 5 left to go.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Hopefully there won't be too many loose ends come the finale.

Reddit made me think about a few things.

Spoiler

#1 Is Twin Peaks out of sync with the rest of America? Scenes shown out of order?

#2 Was Sarah stuck in a loop?

#3 Did Ed see something in his reflection at the end of the episode?

#4 Ray's owl cave ring, was that the owl cave ring that Mike took from Dougie?

#5 "Just you and I..."

‘Twin Peaks’: No Talks For Another Season But “Door’s Always Open To David Lynch,” Showtime Bosses Say

http://deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491/

It took more than 27 years for Twin Peaks to return to television. With the 18-episode followup season nearing the end of its run on Showtime, could there be another installment of David Lynch’s cult series?

“It was always intended to be one season,” Showtime president and CEO David Nevins told Deadline at the Showtime TCA party. “A lot of people are speculating but there’s been zero contemplation, zero discussions other than fans asking me about it.”

That said, “the door’s always open to David Lynch, whether that would lead to another season, I don’t know if he wants to do it,” said Showtime programming president Gary Levine, who was ABC’s executive on the original Twin Peaks series and played a key role in bringing the revival to Showtime. “This was a Herculean effort. I’m not sure if any director has ever done 18 hours in a row of a series… It’s remarkable what he achieved,  fans are liking it and for me that’s what’s satisfying.”

The 18-episode Twin Peaks sequel, which had a rocky three-year road to the small screen, was written by the original series’ creators Lynch and Mark Frost and entirely directed by Lynch, with Kyle MacLachlan reprising his role. It has been a modest linear ratings performer but has driven record Showtime streaming sign-ups.

Oh wow! Ed was back on Sunday night, but he's still not with Norma? Oh well.

The actor who played Walter was the oldest son on the show Eight is Enough.

Derek Mears was the big guy who "bad" Cooper killed. I wonder if that jerk Richard knows that is his dad or not? How the hell did he get there from Twin Peaks? Weird.

Ed had a wedding ring on, so I guess he's married to someone or still to Nadine. Nadine likes the doc a lot. Loved her gold shovel in the window. lol

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh wow! Ed was back on Sunday night, but he's still not with Norma? Oh well.

Derek Mears was the big guy who "bad" Cooper killed. I wonder if that jerk Richard knows that is his dad or not? How the hell did he get there from Twin Peaks? Weird.

Ed sitting alone was sad.

IIRC correctly Richard told the crooked cop (I can't remember his name) he was going on the run after the attempted murder of Miriam in an earlier episode.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, AtariLegend said:

I haven't seen this show yet, it's been on my to do list.

Is it possible to watch "The Return" without having seen the original series from the 90's first, or should I just watch the 90's series first?

I tired watching the Return without watching the original series, but I was lost.

I have since then watched the original seasons 1 and 2 and now the Return makes so much more sense. Plus getting to know the chraacters from the beginning is so much better. This way you can see how they have changed or not. lol

I recommend watching the two seasons and the movie "Twin Peaks" Fire Walk with me. Then watch the new season. you won't regret it.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Ed sitting alone was sad.

IIRC correctly Richard told the crooked cop (I can't remember his name) he was going on the run after the attempted murder of Miriam in an earlier episode.

Yeah, I did notice Ed still had on a wedding band, so is he still married to Nadine or someone else. you can tell Norman still loves him. What happened in 25 years? I know Nadine got her memory back in the last show, but I really thought Ed would tell her he loves Norma. Oh well, maybe it'll come out soon.

I was surprised Ed still had his garage. Wonder if James still works there. God, that song he sang was just terrible. Poor thing has lost so much.

I really hope Dale Cooper finds his way back to Twin Peaks soon.

When the hell is Bobby, Hawk and Frank going to check out what the Major left them?

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Jabberwocky said:

‘Twin Peaks’: No Talks For Another Season But “Door’s Always Open To David Lynch,” Showtime Bosses Say

http://deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491/

It took more than 27 years for Twin Peaks to return to television. With the 18-episode followup season nearing the end of its run on Showtime, could there be another installment of David Lynch’s cult series?

“It was always intended to be one season,” Showtime president and CEO David Nevins told Deadline at the Showtime TCA party. “A lot of people are speculating but there’s been zero contemplation, zero discussions other than fans asking me about it.”

That said, “the door’s always open to David Lynch, whether that would lead to another season, I don’t know if he wants to do it,” said Showtime programming president Gary Levine, who was ABC’s executive on the original Twin Peaks series and played a key role in bringing the revival to Showtime. “This was a Herculean effort. I’m not sure if any director has ever done 18 hours in a row of a series… It’s remarkable what he achieved,  fans are liking it and for me that’s what’s satisfying.”

The 18-episode Twin Peaks sequel, which had a rocky three-year road to the small screen, was written by the original series’ creators Lynch and Mark Frost and entirely directed by Lynch, with Kyle MacLachlan reprising his role. It has been a modest linear ratings performer but has driven record Showtime streaming sign-ups.

Well, if David doesn't do another season I really hope he ties up all the loose ends. Give Cooper his memory back and kill the bad Cooper.

I know Twin Peaks is a crazy place, but it would be nice if some of the characters had a happy ending.

Another crazy episode. No Cooper.

Finally, Bobby, Hawk and Frank went to that place. Very confusing about the Asian woman.

James is a night watchman. Okay.

Again, with the weird people at the bar.

Damn, Laura's mother was awesome going off on that prick! What the hell was that?

So Dougie's  wife is Diane's half sister who she hates! lol

3 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

Episode 14 was an absolute powerhouse as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for next week! Grace Zabriskie is amazing!

Yes, she was killer last night! lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Was the "drunk" guy in the cell "Billy?"

I have no idea, but maybe it was? I don't know who that guy was, but how annoying was he? lol

The police left that poor Asian woman alone in the cell. I wonder if she knows what the hell is going on?

I just love whenever Gordon calls someone and yells in the phone and everyone he calls has to hold the phone away from their ears. lol

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I have no idea, but maybe it was? I don't know who that guy was, but how annoying was he? lol

The police left that poor Asian woman alone in the cell. I wonder if she knows what the hell is going on?

I just love whenever Gordon calls someone and yells in the phone and everyone he calls has to hold the phone away from their ears. lol

Billy is this guy. He was the one whose truck was stolen by Richard when he hit that kid

The Asian woman (Naido) I don't think is of this reality seeing that when we first see her in Part 3 she's in a room and then her and Cooper climb a ladder which goes into space. She gets electrocuted and falls through space. My conclusion is that, since Andy was holding her gently, he got sent to The White Lodge. Remember "love" opens the gate to the White Lodge.

Cole is always gonna be Cole LOL

3 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Do we think...

Reveal hidden contents

"The Fireman" is The Log Lady's husband?

At this stage, anything is possible LOL. But at the end of this episode I firmly believe that Sarah Palmer was the girl who had that frogmouth creature go into her mouth in Part 8.

20 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Billy is this guy. He was the one whose truck was stolen by Richard when he hit that kid

At this stage, anything is possible LOL. But at the end of this episode I firmly believe that Sarah Palmer was the girl who had that frogmouth creature go into her mouth in Part 8.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about him. He's either AWOL or dead.

Sarah's reveal from the last episode raises so many questions.

Spoiler

If Sarah swallowed that horrible looking frog/moth back in the 1950s does this mean she has always been corrupted? She just seemed zany during the original series. My head hurts.

WOW!!! This is some really fucked up news.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/17/twin-peaks-actor-jeremy-lindholm-arrested-attempted-murder/

'Twin Peaks' Actor Jeremy Lindholm Arrested, Charged with Attempted Murder for Girlfriend Beating

0817-jeremy-lindholm-arrested-twin-peaks-2.jpg

Actor Jeremy Lindholm -- who recently appeared on an episode of "Twin Peaks: The Return" -- is accused of viciously beating his girlfriend and trying to kill her ... and is facing an attempted murder charge.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... cops in Spokane, WA responded to a call from a local business about a man assaulting a woman with a bat, and when officers arrived ... we're told Lindholm was trying to flee with the bat still in his hand. Our sources say he surrendered in the alley and was taken into custody.

Based on witness statements and surveillance footage ... cops believe the victim's life was in danger. We're told Lindholm's attack as an "extremely violent assault" -- the video allegedly shows him striking his girlfriend on the head and body with the bat over a dozen times and also choking her. He allegedly said he wanted to kill her too.

The actor's facing multiple charges along with attempted second-degree murder, including second-degree assault. He's being held at the Spokane County Jail on $100k bond.

Lindholm's girlfriend was transported to the hospital and treated for non life-threatening injuries.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about him. He's either AWOL or dead.

Sarah's reveal from the last episode raises so many questions.

Reveal hidden contents

If Sarah swallowed that horrible looking frog/moth back in the 1950s does this mean she has always been corrupted? She just seemed zany during the original series. My head hurts.

So has Sarah had this bug in her brain/mouth the whole time? Weird. Some of the things on Twin Peaks just don't make sense, but I was glad when she killed that guy because he was just nasty and gross.

I think Billy might have been killed by Richard, since he stole his truck. I hope all these loose ends are tied up by the series finale. And bring back Dale Cooper to TP for a reunion with the sheriff, Hawk and Bobby. Also give him a piece of cherry pie at Norma's along with a hot cup of joe!

Spoiler

Help me out friends;

The Woodsmen are "agents of the Black Lodge right?"

If Phillip Jeffries was indeed inside that bell/tower/phone/??? is he a prisoner of The Woodsmen?

Are The Woodsmen working with Jeffries?

Is Jeffries evil?

Do The Woodsmen only answer to the "Gotta light?" character?

Also I'm losing track of all of the Roadhouse side story characters and I think the timeline of parts of Part 15 were out of sync again.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Help me out friends;

The Woodsmen are "agents of the Black Lodge right?"

If Phillip Jeffries was indeed inside that bell/tower/phone/??? is he a prisoner of The Woodsmen?

Are The Woodsmen working with Jeffries?

Is Jeffries evil?

Do The Woodsmen only answer to the "Gotta light?" character?

Also I'm losing track of all of the Roadhouse side story characters and I think the timeline of parts of Part 15 were out of sync again.

Everytime they show that roadhouse I don't know who the hell those people are or what's going on.

the band last night was pretty good. That Asian girl just screaming was weird.

Oh, I was so happy with Ed and Norma! So sad about the log lady.

Can't wait to hear the conversation with Richard and bad Cooper.

Damn does Cooper have to eat that damn chocolate cake every week. Makes my mouth water just looking at him eating that cake. lol

Audrey and her husband are so damn annoying. I was so hoping she would get out the damn door. She was making me crazy.