Your opinion: Is Axl currently "looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"?

Very seriously  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always wondered if it was a language thing. If I ask something of someone and he answers he'll be 'looking very seriously at doing something in that regard', I don't believe for a second he's actually going to do that. To me, it's a roundabout way of saying no more often than not.

It is a politician's answer for sure, he is thinking about thinking about it! :D

How is anybody getting that I'm saying that we will someday see a new album from anything I've said? Are you simply not reading and replying to what you wish was there? That's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Not sure who you're talking to.
Padme mostly and I misread Russel's post and mistook Pittman for Padme... think I'm losing my grasp on English. Didn't even see Russ's until now. Nothing really needs to be said about Russ's though because it does nothing to negate any of my points. Axl giving political answers is the smartest thing he can do when he's already proven that his intentions fall through constantly.
  • Like 1

How is anybody getting that I'm saying that we will someday see a new album from anything I've said? Are you simply not reading and replying to what you wish was there? That's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Padme mostly and I misread Russel's post and mistook Pittman for Padme... think I'm losing my grasp on English. Didn't even see Russ's until now. Nothing really needs to be said about Russ's though because it does nothing to negate any of my points. Axl giving political answers is the smartest thing he can do when he's already proven that his intentions fall through constantly.

My overall point is that it sucks for us though. I'm not interested in Axl giving us the best political answer, I'm looking for him to care enough about GN'R to give a real answer, ya know? OH, and it'd be nice for him to follow through on something for once too lol

My overall point is that it sucks for us though. I'm not interested in Axl giving us the best political answer, I'm looking for him to care enough about GN'R to give a real answer, ya know? OH, and it'd be nice for him to follow through on something for once too lol

Well yeah, it would be nice. Not going to happen despite his best intentions though.

Well yeah, it would be nice. Not going to happen despite his best intentions though.

• Like 1

You really think he meant it? Look how tortured his language is. It's almost like he's embarrassed about how full of shit he is. "Looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard"? Fuckin' :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure he meant it. Never in a million years do I believe he'll execute it, but I'm sure he meant it. There was no reason in the world to say it if he didn't.

I´m not sure he meant it. A few years ago in an interview with Del James he was asked about a CD follow up. He said "I don´t know and I don´t care" At that time his explanation was he wanted to tour a lot with CD. We know in the begining he did. But little by little most of CD songs got dropped. In the interview with Relvolver he couldn´t say "I don´t care" again after all these years. All or most of the guys in the band would leave if they hear such a statement. So he came up with "Looking very seriously". It wasn´t the first time. We have heard "definite maybe" as well. It doesn´t look like those kind of answers mean he is working his ass off on a new album.

He made the statement about wanting to tour CD for awhile in '09. He definitely lived up to that statement no matter how you look at it. It doesn't matter if songs were dropped 2-3 years later by any stretch of the imagination. "Definitely maybe" has no bearing on anything because it in no way revealed his intentions. Who do you feel would leave the band if he had no intention of releasing anything ever again? Let's take a look at this.

DJ- Uses the name to promote Ashba Swag more than he cares about learning the old songs, much less anything new.

Richard- Doesn't seem to care one way or the other and given his limited role in the band wouldn't be hard to replace if he did.

Ron- The only member ever that has used the name for anything other than shameless self promotion by using it to help promote indy artists that definitely gained more exposure having him guest on and produce albums and play with them at live shows. Probably willing to suck it up for that reason alone.

Dizzy- LOL

Pittman- Strongly believes there is no use for releasing any album of any sort.

Tommy- Way too drunk to care.

Frank- Who?

Again, who there is going anywhere? And nowhere did I claim that Axl saying that definitely meant that he was doing it, only that he intended to. There is quite a huge difference there.

They can leave the same way all the others did. All of them have side projects, they can use the "former GN´R" like Gilbby and Sorum are doing. They have their fans and they are better known because of their time with GN´R. Tommy for example has his own nostalgia tour with Replacements. I don´t see them being hired guys doing a GN´R nostalgia tour 2 years from now. Axl won´t be able to keep them around based only on intentions and statements like "looking very seriously"

You really think he meant it? Look how tortured his language is. It's almost like he's embarrassed about how full of shit he is. "Looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard"? Fuckin' :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure he meant it. Never in a million years do I believe he'll execute it, but I'm sure he meant it. There was no reason in the world to say it if he didn't.

I´m not sure he meant it. A few years ago in an interview with Del James he was asked about a CD follow up. He said "I don´t know and I don´t care" At that time his explanation was he wanted to tour a lot with CD. We know in the begining he did. But little by little most of CD songs got dropped. In the interview with Relvolver he couldn´t say "I don´t care" again after all these years. All or most of the guys in the band would leave if they hear such a statement. So he came up with "Looking very seriously". It wasn´t the first time. We have heard "definite maybe" as well. It doesn´t look like those kind of answers mean he is working his ass off on a new album.

He made the statement about wanting to tour CD for awhile in '09. He definitely lived up to that statement no matter how you look at it. It doesn't matter if songs were dropped 2-3 years later by any stretch of the imagination. "Definitely maybe" has no bearing on anything because it in no way revealed his intentions. Who do you feel would leave the band if he had no intention of releasing anything ever again? Let's take a look at this.

DJ- Uses the name to promote Ashba Swag more than he cares about learning the old songs, much less anything new.

Richard- Doesn't seem to care one way or the other and given his limited role in the band wouldn't be hard to replace if he did.

Ron- The only member ever that has used the name for anything other than shameless self promotion by using it to help promote indy artists that definitely gained more exposure having him guest on and produce albums and play with them at live shows. Probably willing to suck it up for that reason alone.

Dizzy- LOL

Frank- Who?

Again, who there is going anywhere? And nowhere did I claim that Axl saying that definitely meant that he was doing it, only that he intended to. There is quite a huge difference there.

They can leave the same way all the others did. All of them have side projects, they can use the "former GN´R" like Gilbby and Sorum are doing. They have their fans and they are better known because of their time with GN´R. Tommy for example has his own nostalgia tour with Replacements. I don´t see them being hired guys doing a GN´R nostalgia tour 2 years from now. Axl won´t be able to keep them around based only on intentions and statements like "looking very seriously"

Even if they do leave, they can all be replaced if Axl gives a shit. That's a big if, but he's done it before.

Dizzy- LOL

Frank- Who?

Even if they do leave, they can all be replaced if Axl gives a shit. That's a big if, but he's done it before.

i think they won't leave. Most of the rock scene is dead. And Guns is still big enough to get the food on the table. Artistically, there's no Guns N Roses anymore.

My conspiracy theory for today is that Axl toured with Duff and got a boner for past glories when he saw the crowd reaction and hung out with the man. he said himself its a different Duff than he remembered. Maybe Duff convinced him Slash was the same? We know Izzy said he'd do it. That's nearly the whole old gang right there, the old support mechanism, the glory days gang.

Maybe Axl wants all the old guys back (except Addled) but won't ask out of pride and fear.

Mental deadlock.

Further inaction.

That's my conspiracy theory for today.

Just riffing.

My conspiracy theory for today is that Axl toured with Duff and got a boner for past glories when he saw the crowd reaction and hung out with the man. he said himself its a different Duff than he remembered. Maybe Duff convinced him Slash was the same? We know Izzy said he'd do it. That's nearly the whole old gang right there, the old support mechanism, the glory days gang.

Maybe Axl wants all the old guys back (except Addled) but won't ask out of pride and fear.

Mental deadlock.

Further inaction.

That's my conspiracy theory for today.

Just riffing.

Who wants Sorum in a reunion? Bring Back Adler!

Yeah he uses torture language but thats the ambiguous way of him, I dont say yes neither no. Hes really feared to loose a game.

I think he meant it but will do it at his slow pace timing so that could mean 1-2 years + Uk factor dark industry forces no one knows, between 2-5 years! Wed be lucky for Nov 2015 release!

(...)

So you would rather Axl never release music again if it's not with the old band?

in a way, yes

Maybe you'll like it you never know. You can just not listen to it if/when it comes out.

Sure... I liked CD even I don't consider it to be Gnr. Chin Dem, Better, Sorry, the Blues (euh... street of dreams :lol: ), Madagascar, Catcher...

He should just go under his own name at this point (which looking back at the last 18 years, should have done in the first place) and release whatever he wants without the backlash of it not being real GNR or not sounding enough like real GNR. Things would really be so much easier for him.

• Like 1

"Looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard" :lol:

This should become the new MyGNR joke.

Every time the mods get a question they don't really want to answer they should say that.

I've actually thought about that several times when going through the Ask Admin thread. Not direct quotes from Axl per se, but constructing an Axl-ish answer to something very simple just for fun. :lol:

At this point, even though I don't believe that he is currently trying to make it happen, I wouldn't be THAT surprised if one of these days the album was released more or less by surprise and with next to no promotional support from the band.

After all, we just got a double live album and the band didn't say anything about it.

• Like 1