The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sport is inherently connected with money but I don't believe any sport is so inherently connected with money than boxing.

Boxing is different to things like cricket or football in that you're kinda out there on your own, you go from fight to fight, whereas a football player gets a weekly wage and a cricket player, not sure how they get paid but I'm sure they get paid when they play and they play a lot more often than a boxer fights.  And at the lower levels boxers get like a few grand.  And you have to negotiate from fight to fight how much you earn.  And also, it a lot more dangerous of a sport.  So very quickly they become aware of their worth so to speak, they kind of have to, in a very self interested almost predatory kinda way.  A lot of em work jobs on the side y'know, at the lower contender levels. 

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jesus some people are as thick as shit ain't they?

its slightly inconsistent, given the controversial opinions that have been openly discussed on IFL before now, like John Fury slagging off Jews, Tony Bellew suggesting that muggers should be given the death penalty etc :lol:

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, you know Jarrett Hurd?  He's got a good fighter y'know.  BTW J Rock has since lost the belt, in his first defence.  Hurd had a fight just a couple of weeks ago on the comeback trail, he won too.  Jarretts problem is that he gets involved too much.  I'm not sure the Charlos are world beaters either.  One of em recently lost to that guy from Philly whoose name escapes me but he's since avenged that.

I knew Hurd when he was a little kid but not as an adult. His dad was trying to get me and my dad to go to the Barclay Center in NY to watch Hurd fight Austin Trout. All expenses paid for too and my old man didn't want to go because of the drive, even though it was a very long drive to the Metro and take it the rest of the way. Hurd can punch but he's got a lot of stamina too.

I heard J Rock already lost the belt too. I know when I watched Hurd vs Rock and saw Hurd get knocked down early a couple of times I went "oh shit, he's gonna lose if he doesn't step up his game" Especially since this was in his home crowd. I know there was controversy in one of the later rounds where his cut man put too much Vaseline on his eye. I didn't get to see his latest fight he had cause I only have an antenna. I heard it was a very bland fight.

I think the Charlos could do something if they stay in their class. Jermell was royally screwed in his fight with Tony Harrison (the guy you're talking about) but at least he did win this time around. I'd really like to see Hurd and either one of the Charlos in a match.

6 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

I knew Hurd when he was a little kid but not as an adult. His dad was trying to get me and my dad to go to the Barclay Center in NY to watch Hurd fight Austin Trout. All expenses paid for too and my old man didn't want to go because of the drive, even though it was a very long drive to the Metro and take it the rest of the way. Hurd can punch but he's got a lot of stamina too.

I heard J Rock already lost the belt too. I know when I watched Hurd vs Rock and saw Hurd get knocked down early a couple of times I went "oh shit, he's gonna lose if he doesn't step up his game" Especially since this was in his home crowd. I know there was controversy in one of the later rounds where his cut man put too much Vaseline on his eye. I didn't get to see his latest fight he had cause I only have an antenna. I heard it was a very bland fight.

I think the Charlos could do something if they stay in their class. Jermell was royally screwed in his fight with Tony Harrison (the guy you're talking about) but at least he did win this time around. I'd really like to see Hurd and either one of the Charlos in a match.

Tony Harrison, there you go!  I got the memory of an old bag sometimes.  But yeah, I think Hurd and the Charlos are solid contenders but I think at that upper level, that Canelo/GGG level, they will come up short.  Remains to be seen though.

These fuckin' HBO things are fuckin' starting to piss me off.  First they put out Pariah: The Lives of Sonny Liston, that was in fuckin' november or something, can't see the fucker anywhere online, now this new Ali one has come out, Ali & Cavett: The Tale of the Tapes, if ANYONE, ANY fucker can point me in the direction of some kinda download or some online thing where I can watch either or both I will be their best fuckin' friend from now until the day of reckoning, come on lads, you're all a bunch of fuckin' computer whizzes around here, someone sort us out eh.

On 17/02/2020 at 4:48 PM, Len Cnut said:

heard a rumour fury has injured his leg.

It might explain why he is saying hes going more for a KO rather than a 12 rounder. If he's got a dodgy leg dancing his 18 stone around would be tricky.

Although saying that, he might be talking bollocks and that is what he plans to do again.

Either way I hope he wins.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It might explain why he is saying hes going more for a KO rather than a 12 rounder. If he's got a dodgy leg dancing his 18 stone around would be tricky.

Although saying that, he might be talking bollocks and that is what he plans to do again.

Either way I hope he wins.

I think its safe to assume at this juncture that everything Fury says is a load of bollocks :lol: 

• Haha 1

Does Guns N' Roses run boxing now,

On the Las Vegas Strip, fans can pay $100 (£77) to watch on a big screen while the fight will cost $74.99 (£58) to buy at home in the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51583556

58 quid to watch a boxing match on the box?

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Does Guns N' Roses run boxing now,

58 quid to watch a boxing match on the box?

Floyd vs Pacman was more.  Fury has come in heavy as fuck.  Not fat or anything, just heavy, even for his standard, 19 stone 5.  Even Wilder has come in heavy.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

Holy shit £77 to watch a big screen! How much is a pint? 

A big pitcher of Vodka Red Bull can cost you over $90 i know a few over tbere right now some paid £900 a tix some have paid £250GBP i told them too go its once in life time thing this

& you can spend just as much ££££ going too Ibiza or even London these days

28 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

A big pitcher of Vodka Red Bull can cost you over $90 i know a few over tbere right now some paid £900 a tix some have paid £250GBP i told them too go its once in life time thing this

& you can spend just as much ££££ going too Ibiza or even London these days

That's true sometimes you just gotta pay for it and enjoy the moment. 

It's a once in a lifetime thing... Until the rematch at Wembley next year.