Were slash and axl actually best friends?

Hi Marc,

Just wondering what your take on this relationship was at it's peak. I mean were axl and slash ever best buds or was it always more of a profesional relationship.

Just can't get my head around where the enormous animosity comes from if at one point they were indeed best friends?

Should be repairable....

Thanks

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Marc didn't say they weren't friends, he just said they weren't "best friends" like a lot of people seemed to think they were. All the guys in the band were "friends" especially after that famous trek to their first show which solidified relations. It's just not like Axl and Izzy, where they already knew each other and we're friends trying to start a band. Axl and Slash found each other on the scene through mutual friends/partners.

• Like 1

Axl and Slash met at a very young age and went through a lot of things together, growing up together. Slash was a teenager when he met Axl, so even if they werent best friends, they shared lots of experiences that later you in life you don't get to share with other people. I guess that's the reason why Axl felt that appreciation for Slash and of course, because they made amazing music together.

While Axl feels to me like a guy who needs a couple of loyal friends around him, Slash seems to be more detached, not so needy and he didn't seem to have a best buddy around, just liked to hang out with and adapt to different kinds of people.

• Like 1

Buddy, I think you meant "were" not "we're", it seems that you're suggesting "we" are Axl and Slash's best friends. :lol:

go proofread for a living! lol

Or learn proper spelling for were and we are or we're

I always got the impression axl and izzy were tight and slash and Steve were tight and duff brought both sides together.

• 6 months later...

Buddy, I think you meant "were" not "we're", it seems that you're suggesting "we" are Axl and Slash's best friends. :lol:

go proofread for a living! lol

Or learn proper spelling for were and we are or we're

I always got the impression axl and izzy were tight and slash and Steve were tight and duff brought both sides together.

If this quote has something to do with my post, then I must explain that I typed that on a phone. :)

• 2 weeks later...