Rumoured Gig in Lisbon for 2016 with original Line Up - LINK to story

But would Slash and Duff really do a reunion without Izzy and Steven?

I know it's not the same, but they sure did continue without them and did most of the Illusions tour without Izzy.

Wild theory: Slash got his new Guns tat after he knew things are cool between him and Axl.

But it's a good question. I don't think Izzy presents a problem if I had to guess, but Steven just might.

It's just they talk about the chemistry of the AFD band and how Axl destroyed it but then when it's crumch time it's like doesn't matter. Or is that not relevant at 50, it's like you do what you can?

What is Slash's new Guns tat?

But would Slash and Duff really do a reunion without Izzy and Steven?

I know it's not the same, but they sure did continue without them and did most of the Illusions tour without Izzy.

Wild theory: Slash got his new Guns tat after he knew things are cool between him and Axl.

But it's a good question. I don't think Izzy presents a problem if I had to guess, but Steven just might.

It's just they talk about the chemistry of the AFD band and how Axl destroyed it but then when it's crumch time it's like doesn't matter. Or is that not relevant at 50, it's like you do what you can?

What is Slash's new Guns tat?

he had on his arm a Perla tattoo and covered it with a Guns tattoo. I think Slash really wants back in Guns. Duff as well.

My baseless guess is that Slash is willing to compromise. A lot. And Duff got a taste and he wants more now.

They ditched Steven once already. Steven said Slash apologized for firing Steven for being a junkie.

I have no idea how the Steven issue can be resolved. Will Axl give 100 mil to Adler's mom? doesn't seem likely. Will Slash and Duff ditch Steven again? that would be cold and shitty.

But I think they're dying to get back in. They did many albums on their own, I think they miss being in a band with Axl. I just don't know how they can fuck Steven up again but it happened once.

Also: Velvet Revolver. Steven was left out of that as well.

Edited by Rovim

they could cut him in for old time's sake? Iron clad contracts? But what if he dies in some hotel room in europe?

I think it all depends on the risk Axl is willing to take. It's unlikely Axl will expose himself to lawsuits or the chance of lawsuits.

I think Axl's fear of Steven's instability is real, but lawyers can do a lot. That's not relevant if Axl will not be open to at least considering it. Axl has spent years suing and being sued and Steven talked a lot of shit after they've met again, and it's likely Axl read what Steven has said about him.

Just don't see it happening, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by Rovim

I still have yet to see what changed in Slash. Duff is maybe a different story, but definitely Slash.

I'm listening to the Illusions records, and you hear it and can see why they split. As someone that was actually IN that, I'm not surprised Slash turned his back on it. Its his past, and he honors and realizes its importance, but you listen to it and see how it was all just too much. It would never be the same again and that there's no reason to revisit it.

I don't know what would have changed. Especially without a FULL reunion. Slash leads his own recordings now and I think he loves that. He makes albums whenever he wants. He tours wherever he wants. He gets to be the boss. And if he wants to play bigger places, he books a tour with Aerosmith. He's got it literally made in the shade, which is why his switch is the most interesting to me. Even if he did talk to Axl again and they patched things up, could it really ever be enough for him to say "I want to deal with that again"? I mean, he KNOWS the shows still won't start on time. Its still all gonna be up to Axl. Thats truly shocking to me.

As for Steven, I just think they try so hard. Its definitely telling that Steven hasn't ever played with these guys in a side band while all the others have. Thats not coincidental, especially not when even Izzy played with Velvet Revolver. I truly feel if you get a bodyguard for Steven he'll be fine. You get someone that legally has to watch him. If that makes Steven upset, well, tough. He's proven he can't be trusted and its either that or not part of the reunion. He plays Appetite and Lies, Matt does the rest. I truly don't see why that would be such a complicated part of the reunion. There's no way anyone would hate Steven as much as Axl hated Slash, and if they could get over it it just seems like the whole thing could be worked out.

All the rumors point otherwise, but how many think the announcement would be full original Guns? Anyone wanna give a percent? It is suspicious that Steven is silent. You'd think he knows these rumors, and if he weren't asked anything then he'd respond to them. Maybe he got paid not to talk about not being included? He went suspiciously silent after saying "I haven't heard anything, and I'd probably be the last to know".

I still have yet to see what changed in Slash. Duff is maybe a different story, but definitely Slash.

I'm listening to the Illusions records, and you hear it and can see why they split. As someone that was actually IN that, I'm not surprised Slash turned his back on it. Its his past, and he honors and realizes its importance, but you listen to it and see how it was all just too much. It would never be the same again and that there's no reason to revisit it.

I don't know what would have changed. Especially without a FULL reunion. Slash leads his own recordings now and I think he loves that. He makes albums whenever he wants. He tours wherever he wants. He gets to be the boss. And if he wants to play bigger places, he books a tour with Aerosmith. He's got it literally made in the shade, which is why his switch is the most interesting to me. Even if he did talk to Axl again and they patched things up, could it really ever be enough for him to say "I want to deal with that again"? I mean, he KNOWS the shows still won't start on time. Its still all gonna be up to Axl. Thats truly shocking to me.

As for Steven, I just think they try so hard. Its definitely telling that Steven hasn't ever played with these guys in a side band while all the others have. Thats not coincidental, especially not when even Izzy played with Velvet Revolver. I truly feel if you get a bodyguard for Steven he'll be fine. You get someone that legally has to watch him. If that makes Steven upset, well, tough. He's proven he can't be trusted and its either that or not part of the reunion. He plays Appetite and Lies, Matt does the rest. I truly don't see why that would be such a complicated part of the reunion. There's no way anyone would hate Steven as much as Axl hated Slash, and if they could get over it it just seems like the whole thing could be worked out.

All the rumors point otherwise, but how many think the announcement would be full original Guns? Anyone wanna give a percent? It is suspicious that Steven is silent. You'd think he knows these rumors, and if he weren't asked anything then he'd respond to them. Maybe he got paid not to talk about not being included? He went suspiciously silent after saying "I haven't heard anything, and I'd probably be the last to know".

we hear reports that slash has been behind the scenes trying to get back in for some time, including the showing up at axl's doorstep scene. nothing has changed there.

the key is getting a lineup that works for extended period of time, i don't think they just want to do one last reunion tour and call it a day.

steven might get the call for a one off here and there if he plays his cards right, but i don't think he'll ever be back full time. just don't see it happening.

i think there are open spots in gnr and they will get filled, won't be a full on reunion. i'll take it. the most glorious announcement this year was when dj quit.

i think we will probably see some one offs with izzy, gilby, and matt as well- probably not all at the same shows.

who knows maybe it all falls apart before it even begins? just a shit load of speculation going on based on not a whole lot of solid evidence.

I heard that they are really really trying to put it together, but it is not set in stone, meaning that they are still ways from actually doing it but they are more than just toying with the idea. Contracts are not done etc. And I heard it from a guy who has performed with the band. The same bloke told me that Axl and Slash also met up less than 10 years ago to discuss legal/business matters, but that did not go well...at all.

But I now have from a solid source, I can confidently believe that it's cooking and it has been truly discussed. And that is a hell of a lot to me. I hope they get it together. Oh and yes, look at the date I joined the forum; I ain't no newbie and I don't have a track record of talking shite.

Where is Ole?

10 years ago would have been around the time reunion rumors were heavily circulating the New York ballroom show. So that would make sense.