Jump to content
alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I see a like of yours there too so what does that mean?

I liked the post in general but I don't agree with the part of slapping the man because he cheated on her or for whatever reasons. In my opinion, those things and others that are not physical, also contribute to the growing violence inside a couple.

I didn't miss any point of yours because you have made no points at all. Like I said before, nowhere in this thread we have said it is ok to be female and beat a man just because we are females or because they cheat or do things we don't like.

We don't deny that there may be women who react violently to domestic situations or emotionally manipulate, abuse and mistreat their partners. It goes both ways and it is wrong in ALL cases. If you are not an unhealthy person, you will deal with it like most people do. Just call it quits and move on.

However, most men who are in a toxic relationship usually are able to walk out of it faster and without long-lasting consequences. Men have a lot more resources than women to deal with the ending of a violent or emotionally abusive relationship: from economic solvency, social support and usually not having the custody of children, to physical strength that would reduce almost any attack immediately. 

 

Very true.  

While wrong, yes, a slap or punch from anyone in the heat of the moment, whether from frustration, emotional pain or inability to control one's anger at that point of time, it is way different from true DV. It is more of a violent outburst, not ongoing abuse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Very true. Mine turned violent when I was pregnant with our son. He was always extremely jealous, but I have never cheated on anyone in my life, he never had a reason to be that way except in his twisted mind. Somewhere in his head he became jealous of me giving attention to our child. I have this image of him flipping my son's walker, with him in it, over on the hardwood floor permanently etched in my brain. He was about 9 months old. He was screaming crying, and my ex started in on me and prevented me from tending to my possibly injured baby. 

Was he ok, your son? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Very true.  

While wrong, yes, a slap or punch from anyone in the heat of the moment, whether from frustration, emotional pain or inability to control one's anger at that point of time, it is way different from true DV. It is more of a violent outburst, not ongoing abuse.

Exactly.

DV is systematic and ongoing, not a rare case, an exception or like you said, just a moment when someone is unable to control their emotions. Big difference.
 

1 hour ago, lucie said:

if you agree that it is not ok for anyone to be violent, and that there are many forms of abuse then I have no idea why you took such offense to what I wrote. No point arguing over nothing.

I didn't take offense. I just don't like that people come here telling us the obvious, as we didn't know or we were not capable of distinguishing one from the other.

Your comment was made to highlight the fact that women get violent as well. You said that if we are going to be against violence, let's support all victims and not just female, which makes it look as we didn't acknowdlege other types of violence.

This is not the case but we've been talking about domestic abuse towards women and that's the topic that most of us can relate to. The attempts to derail it and put the focus on other things, like victim blaming or bringing up the abuse of men is the same lame thing as #alllivesmatter when people of color fight for the #blacklivesmatter.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im curious about what happened when They took this photo 

So nice to see Them smile N'happy11849292_537303419754085_381094175_n.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhm I didn't say it was OK to hit anyone, in fact if you re read my post I said "I don't think is ok either", what I said is that they are different situations. Abuse against women has deep cultural roots unfortunately and I don't think both things can be compared. Just so. :shrugs:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Was he ok, your son? 

A little bruised, but thank God he was ok. His head just missed the fireplace when the walker flew over. He was more scared than anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Not to get involved in this conversation- but do you think we should move on to a more positive subject? I believe victims of DV should speak out 100 percent!! I also think maybe things could be lightened up a bit its better to be positive than negative x i would also like to say im so sorry for anyone who went through abusive relationships i think you are very strong and brave for getting out of that situation and are also brave for speaking out xx much love to you all on this forum :heart:

I agree we could change the subject if people feel like it... BUT PLEASE, don't call it a "NEGATIVE SUBJECT" because it is not and when we say things like this, we go back to the same shit of ignoring, rejecting, sweeping under the rug and pretending everything is rainbows and unicorns.

Don't feel offended or take it the wrong way. It is not meant to scold you or anything. Just trying to erradicate all forms of censorship and negativity on it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

A little bruised, but thank God he was ok. His head just missed the fireplace when the walker flew over. He was more scared than anything. 

Took my breath away reading, can he remember any of it? 

Really sorry if I'm overstepping just tell me to get lost if you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Im curious about what happened when They took this photo 

So nice to see Them smile N'happy11849292_537303419754085_381094175_n.jpg

Looks like Slash couldn't keep himself standing and started to fall, hence the faces and reactions of mainly Izzy and Steven.

Duff is staring like a wax doll, hahaha :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Took my breath away reading, can he remember any of it? 

Really sorry if I'm overstepping just tell me to get lost if you want. 

Not that time, he was only 9 months old. He does remembering me screaming a lot and crying. His dad always would be yelling, and my son would start crying and he would get between us so I could not pick him up or would block the door of his room with his body. Once threw me up against the wall so hard the heel of my boot went into the wall when I tried to go to my son. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Looks like Slash couldn't keep himself standing and started to fall, hence the faces and reactions of mainly Izzy and Steven.

Duff is staring like a wax doll, hahaha :lol:

 

Maybe They took the pic before Slash hit Duff :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I agree we could change the subject if people feel like it... BUT PLEASE, don't call it a "NEGATIVE SUBJECT" because it is not and when we say things like this, we go back to the same shit of ignoring, rejecting, sweeping under the rug and pretending everything is rainbows and unicorns.

Don't feel offended or take it the wrong way. It is not meant to scold you or anything. Just trying to erradicate all forms of censorship and negativity on it.

Thank You i didnt mean to offend anyone im really sorry if i did hope you forgive me if i offended anyone i guess the negativity would be the actions of the asshole abuser but i see the positive side of coming out and speaking up and leaving that situation, sorry i wont address it as negative next time my mistake xx hope i didnt hurt anyone again im sorry if i did xxx ❤❤ xxx Thank You for replying to me and correcting me x i couldnt imagine being in that situation...im sorry for anyone who has been there before x 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the real 'November Rain'? :wow:

Video of the wedding of Mike Mayhue, A.K.A. #McBob, featuring Slash, Duff and even my aunt!!! :lol:

 

---

6 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Thank You i didnt mean to offend anyone im really sorry if i did hope you forgive me if i offended anyone i guess the negativity would be the actions of the asshole abuser but i see the positive side of coming out and speaking up and leaving that situation, sorry i wont address it as negative next time my mistake xx

oh, come on! I don't have to forgive you for anything. It's all good and am glad you understood the point without taking offense. Thank you very much! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Looks like Slash couldn't keep himself standing and started to fall, hence the faces and reactions of mainly Izzy and Steven.

Duff is staring like a wax doll, hahaha :lol:

 

Duff is like "see the shit I have to put up with everyday?" :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Duff is like "see the shit I have to put up with everyday?" :lol:

Yiss, yiss!

Duff putting up with GN'R BS since 1985 :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is this the real 'November Rain'? :wow:

Video of the wedding of Mike Mayhue, A.K.A. #McBob, featuring Slash, Duff and even my aunt!!! :lol:

 

---

 

What are You talkimg about? I didnt see anything:question:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

What are You talkimg about? I didnt see anything:question:

TF!

You don't see my aunt, her daughter and the cousin of my grandmother? :question:

How come! :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

TF!

You don't see my aunt, her daughter and the cousin of my grandmother? :question:

How come! :facepalm:

That must be some sarcastic Argentinian humour here or I'm not getting anything. I did see Slash in the beginnen though. Didn't look much further... Someone gimme the hightlights please.

Edited by Tori72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

TF!

You don't see my aunt, her daughter and the cousin of my grandmother? :question:

How come! :facepalm:

I didn't see any vid actually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That must be some sarcastic Argentinian humour here or I'm not getting anything. I did see Slash in the beginnen though. Didn't look much further... Someone gimme the hightlights please.

lol, I don't know if its argentinian sarcasm.... I was making fun of the so many people invited to the wedding but I ain't funny, it seems :unsure:

Yeah, Slash and Duff with a beard :facepalm: and dancing with girls, then Slash again chatting with people and also joining one of the bands that are playing at the wedding.

Edited by killuridols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Exactly one month to go for me!! Gonna be great, right? :drool:

Nearly two months for me :max: We know how it could be even greater #loot :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×