GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

16 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't know how I stumbled here... hope you don't mind me! :)

Presumably cause Vienna thread disappeared from the active section and I am still ecstatic and 'high' and want to share the happiness from the concert!

As I see, many of you here have attended the show and the discussion is still active so I came here...

May I join...?:P

I am one of those who were in Vienna (my hometown) and of course you can join.. Still so happy as I got Duff s wristband in Vienna :wub: 

Every morning when I drive to the Train Station I listen to GNR just to Keep the thrill a bit longer

• Like 1

Just now, Natty said:

I am one of those who were in Vienna (my hometown) and of course you can join.. Still so happy as I got Duff s wristband in Vienna :wub: 

Every morning when I drive to the Train Station I listen to GNR just to Keep the thrill a bit longer

Ah, the wristband story is soo :wub:. You're a lucky girl. I remember the post-gig high keeping me happy for days after... :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Natty said:

Yeah that's awesome!! I remember you posting that in official thread!:) Mind posting a pic?

I wanted to meet the bunch of you guys in front of the stadium but my Serbian phone network couldnt work in Austria...<_< Who knows, maybe I saw you after all!:P

Glad many of you liked my review of the concert... Im still thrilled and now Im on GnR hype train!! I might need withdrawal!

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Yeah that's awesome!! I remember you posting that in official thread!:) Mind posting a pic?

I wanted to meet the bunch of you guys in front of the stadium but my Serbian phone network couldnt work in Austria...<_< Who knows, maybe I saw you after all!:P

Glad many of you liked my review of the concert... Im still thrilled and now Im on GnR hype train!! I might need withdrawal!

I would post the pic if I was able to. But I am not a Computer Freak, so I have no clue (still no clue :max:) how I can insert my photos.

I feel absolutely lucky for having got the wristband as I prefer Duff  :drool:- to Slash -  really gifted. But also the selfie with Richard (whom I find very hot personally) was an absolute Highlight of the Vienna Show for me.

• Like 2

Sorry to interrupt your post-gig bliss. But I just found this, I don't remember how, and I need to show someone – so it's for you guys.

I feel bad for laughing at this piece because it is disrespectful as fuck. But people, The Master of Ceremonies - SLASH! :wow::wow:

I never knew Slash could act. :P

I'm lauhing much too hard at this. :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry to interrupt your post-gig bliss. But I just found this, I don't remember how, and I need to show someone – so it's for you guys.

I feel bad for laughing at this piece because it is disrespectful as fuck. But people, The Master of Ceremonies - SLASH! :wow::wow:

WTF did I just watch  :shocked::facepalm::lol:

I learn something new every day :wacko:

The Underground Comedy Movie is a 1999 film directed by and starring Vince Offer. It features music by NOFX and Guttermouth, among others. It is considered by many as one of the worst films of all time. :rofl-lol:

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

WTF did I just watch  :shocked::facepalm::lol:

I learn something new every day :wacko:

The Underground Comedy Movie is a 1999 film directed by and starring Vince Offer. It features music by NOFX and Guttermouth, among others. It is considered by many as one of the worst films of all time. :rofl-lol:

Reception

According to IMDbThe Underground Comedy Movie played on one movie theater screen on May 16, 1999, earning $856.

The film earned less-than-favorable reviews, receiving a 33% from Rotten Tomatoes based on 6 reviews.[3] The New York Post said it "may be the least amusing comedy ever made." Lawrence Van Gelder of The New York Times offered a scathing review, describing the movie as "a series of sketches built around subjects like masturbationdefecation, alienation, urinationnecrophiliavoyeurism, casual brutality, and mockery of the unfortunate." Van Gelder added that tasteless or offensive material can be funny in the right hands, but that Offer "makes the common mistake of equating the recognition of comic potential for comedy itself. For the successful, talent bridges the gap, but, here, [talent] is absent."[4]

:facepalm:

Looks like I've missed a lot thanks to travel...I think iv'e caught up on most of it though.

...live shows seem to be rocking and there is a lot of love between the band.

...we have established that there are a lot of internet freaks that harass band members and their families with their own agendas....I honestly think the freaks that suck ass are just as scary as those that are full of hate...but whatever...they get rewarded for their obsession and will continue to do so..

...we don't like photos of some random nobody kissing slashs hand....but kissing him on the face and declaring him your man, your person, on the day he files for divorce is a.ok! so it's only ok if we don't like the person being cheated on.

...kids should be off limits...anyone and everyones kids....leave them alone. 

...why do we care about the kids and partners anyway............they are not a part of the band we love.

...I've never been an axl fan but he's probably the coolest band member at the moment.

...domestic violence is wrong no matter if you are maie or female.....no excuses...surely we all agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I never knew Slash could act. :P

I'm lauhing much too hard at this. :facepalm:

So embarrassed N'cringey to watch Slash there:rofl-lol:

Axl doesnt approve this:no:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

So embarrassed N'cringey to watch Slash there:rofl-lol:

Axl doesnt approve this:no:

oh dear,  thankfully you can tell he's off his tits.  I loved these guys for decades when they were shadows....stupid internet....now nothing is a secret and everything is up for dissection and opinion. 

13 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Omg @Andy14 you already found a video and made GIFs! I can't stop looking at them :wub::wub::wub:

:drool:

Anyway, show review:

As @killuridols said, @Andy14, @Hejanne, @Sekh-met and me attended the show together. Not much happened on that day before the show except that it was unbearably hot. But @Sekh-met had bought an actual bottle of Nightrain some time ago and she was kind enough to let us try it. Thanks again for that @Sekh-met - it was really cool to try that iconic "wine" and definitely an interesting experience :lol::awesomeface:

Then a storm came and turned everything wet. Really, really wet. Everyone waiting in our line was drenched to the bones by the time we got into the stadium (except Andy because she was smart enough to bring a raincoat). At some point it even started hailing and Andy and me were looking at each other like "Why are we doing this to ourselves?!" :P

Everything being wet and slippery was awful, but on the bright side, @Hejanne (who got in earlier than us thanks to @domino graciously giving her her early entrance ticket) was a true hero and saved us a spot at the rail and we joined her there. Very grateful to both of you :heart:

While waiting for GNR to come on, we made our banners ( @Sekh-met and @Hejanne did a great job writing the banners on wet cardboard and cramped in the middle of the crowd!), hoping we'd get a chance to show them to Axl. Which is really difficult because Gio and his spies are always watching and immediately take everything away from you as soon as they see you have something. And at the same time Axl of course also needs to be in front of you. Finding a moment where Axl is in the right position and Gio and his spies are gone or not looking is more difficult than it sounds because they're patroling around like tigers :rolleyes:

Anyway, during the first song, Axl and Slash were standing in front of us and both were laughing and smiling at us (we suspect Axl saw Hejannes new tattoo of Axl's signature and maybe Slash also recognized Andy from last time he met her). Now seeing Axl so happy is great and lovely to see, but seeing Slash laugh is rare, since he's usually off in his own world and concentrated on playing guitar. I figured them both starting the show off so happily was a good sign.

The show was indeed amazing. They sounded great, they all were in a good mood and I got to hear UTLH and Patience, which I hadn't heard before on this tour. I don't know what else to really say about it, so here's some random things I remember:

- Axl said something about lightening hitting their equipment (I think? something like that anyway) and told us to be careful (as if we could do anything about it lol). At some point during the encore the big screens stopped working (probably due to all the rain).

- Axl did a lot of funny little movements and dances.

- Slash and Axl were touching a lot. Just these casual little touches they usually do, but I saw them do that a lot more than in Munich. There was also some Daxl touching going on.

- Duff. Duff Duff Duff :wub::wub:  He was just the sweetest. More than anyone else he spent a lot of time right in front of us and smiling at us and making funny faces at us. People often say Axl looks better in reality than in pictures, but Duff does as well. We yelled his name and cheered for him whenever he came and he rewarded with us the most adorable smiles. 

- The best part imo though was when we showed Axl our banners. During KOHD, there finally was a chance to do it and @Andy14, who clearly has balls (or ovaries?) of steel, bravely picked up our first banner (the one below) from the floor and we held it up. Axl saw it, read it, and laughed. I'm so happy that we could make him laugh :wub: And we did it in a very Women's Thread-themed way too :lol: So I think we did the thread proud lol. (Unfortunately though, he didn't comply with our request @dgnr :max::P)

- We showed him the second banner (which said "Axl, wanna after-party with us?") at the end of the show during PC and Axl read it and gave us the side-eye in a "Who the hell are these crazy people? They're not even intelligent models"- way :rofl-lol:. Gio saw the banner too, but at this point he was just too over it to care (after all, he'd already had a long evening of threatening and pulling out people behind him). He just looked at us all exasperated and was like "Whatever. The show is over anyway." :lol:

After the show we went to the guys' hotel to see if there was anything going on there. Apparently, they'd come back straight after the show and were already inside and not planning to come out anymore. Talked to the hotel doorman a bit and he said that Axl was really exhausted and went straight to his room to sleep (sounded unlikely at first, but might have been true after all considering the health issue). The guy also said Axl ordered breakfast for ten in the morning, told us when they'd leave and that Axl would probably take a "walk around the block" again between that and breakfast (doesn't really sound like Axl either lol). That doorman was weirdly fond of Axl (which I liked, since people usually like to talk so negatively about him). He kept saying how nice Axl was and that Axl was cool for signing autographs and taking pictures with fans because all of the younger rock and pop stars staying at their hotel never do that.

Anyway, after having our own little "afterparty" in front of the hotel for a while, we went inside the hotel and had some expensive drinks at the bar until the bartender politely told us to fuck off lol. Melissa, Kat, Jordan the personal trainer and some other GNR crew people were hanging out at the bar as well. We also met @domino there and chatted for a while. It was cool to hang out at their fancy hotel for a bit.

All in all, I had an amazing time thanks to the amazing people I was with and our amazing guys of course. Couldn't have been better :heart:

------

About the sickness thing:

A doctor came to the hotel before the show and also the day after the show. 

So the day after the show, @Andy14 and I talked to Beta and asked her about Axl's health (among other things). Apparently Axl recently had the flu and was worried about the rain making it worse again and making everything slippery. 

So, going by what Beta and the hotel doorman said, I figure Axl is the sick one that the doctors were here to see on both days. 

But I also saw the whole Meegan at the pharmacy thing, so who knows, maybe Meegan really was buying meds for Axl or Axl infected Slash and they're both sick now :P

Concert was really amazing. Thought that it wouldn't rain (I will never believe the freaking weather forecast again). The whole atmosphere as totally cool during the concert. Honestly, I felt bored with the 2 bands that played at the beginning. What I seriously hated when some imbeciles started to throw cups with beer. Even though they were made out of plastic but when it hits someone it'll hit. I'm so glade I could make @hejanne with the EE golden circle happy and yeah, it was a surprise to catch up with you girls at the hotel bar. Don't worry girls, he just had to close the bar because it was after hour. They usually close early but because Frank, Melissa etc. have been there they made an exception. If you would have had turn up a bit earlier you would have met Frank. We had a good conversation, well, mostly about loving to collect boots and about kids ?. Otherwise, it was all totally great ?? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, domino said:

Concert was really amazing. Thought that it wouldn't rain (I will never believe the freaking weather forecast again). The whole atmosphere as totally cool during the concert. Honestly, I felt bored with the 2 bands that played at the beginning. What I seriously hated when some imbeciles started to throw cups with beer. Even though they were made out of plastic but when it hits someone it'll hit. I'm so glade I could make @hejanne with the EE golden circle happy and yeah, it was a surprise to catch up with you girls at the hotel bar. Don't worry girls, he just had to close the bar because it was after hour. They usually close early but because Frank, Melissa etc. have been there they made an exception. If you would have had turn up a bit earlier you would have met Frank. We had a good conversation, well, mostly about loving to collect boots and about kids ?. Otherwise, it was all totally great ?? 

You did make me very happy with the EE ticket :hug:

Good morning.

Lumikki, I like very much your review....you have a very nice style of writing...makes me laugh and was very entertaining...

A couple of articles around the net:

http://nypost.com/2017/07/11/how-five-young-guns-became-iconic-rock-gods/

Enjoy the lovely way of life of GNR at the beginning (seriously very fucked up)

Some religious fans of GNR have problems with the saturday's concert in Tel Aviv:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/religious-fans-knocking-on-promoters-door-after-guns-n-roses-extends-show/

And Axl's requests for his room in Tel Aviv:

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Culture/What-did-Axl-Rose-request-in-his-Tel-Aviv-hotel-room-499591

In Israel the media is going crazy with this visit.

• Like 1

I love the fact that fans have spent decades complaining about shows starting late... and now we get to complain about it starting too early?! Which universe is this again....?

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, domino said:

If you would have had turn up a bit earlier you would have met Frank. We had a good conversation, well, mostly about loving to collect boots and about kids ?. Otherwise, it was all totally great ?? 

Im pretty sure Axl would love tht kind of conversation, Boots

I dunno if He still like to talk about kids or not

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Im pretty sure Axl would love tht kind of conversation, Boots

I dunno if He still like to talk about kids or not

Yeah, Axl and Frank pretty much adore boots. Surly they have a much bigger collection than me :lol:. Frank doesn't. Und talking anout kids especially if he know that you have kids of you own as he does. ;)

57 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Piano?  If I could be there N' listening Him playing before the concert in hotel :drool:

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Piano?  If I could be there N' listening Him playing before the concert in hotel :drool:

I would be glued to the door just to hear him play, unless the weirdos of TB come out :max:

Just now, domino said:

Yeah, Axl and Frank pretty much adore boots. Surly they have a much bigger collection than me :lol:. Frank doesn't. Und talking anout kids especially if he know that you have kids of you own as he does. ;)

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nope, cos he wants a soundproofed room so no one gets to hear but him,,, the usual 

Hehe, I love hearing him play the piano. Gosh, I'm melting away just to think about it ???

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, domino said:

Hehe, I love hearing him play the piano. Gosh, I'm melting away just to think about it ???

Yeah, time to get rid of Layla though, that song does not showcase his piano playing at all :max:

Neither does NR any more, now Melissa is there she seems to add a little too much during that song and his piano gets drowned out a bit.

That bothered me in London, whilst NR is far from my favourite when I've seen him play it before it's been magic but it's lost a bit on this tour, maybe Axl just doesn't dig playing it now ?