American Horror Story:Cult

Okay, this must be the year for clowns. I don't like clowns. They don't scare me, I just don't like them. Never thought they were funny in the circus.

Anyway, with IT coming in a few days, I guess Ryan Murphy wanted to jump on the clown bandwagon.

Last night was the first episode of the new season. Oh and since FX allows the "f" word now, it's all over the place now. I love it!

It looks like Evan Peters will have a bigger part this season than he did last season.

The clowns remind me of the crazies in those Purge movies. I guess it's the masks.

Anyway, there's was tons of gore, which I do love.

Story seems to be very much in the now taking place right after Trump is elected President and people's different reactions to it.

Lots of tongue in check going on for both sides.

• Like 1

I watched it and I am still not too sure how I feel about it. I might rewatch it again this weekend, sober. I really thought last season was the worst one yet, so I am hoping for much better this season. I also got the Purge vibe, which is okay because I like those movies. Probably was because of the masks.

Edited by Tourettes2400

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Kris_1989 said:

I never knew I could be so grossed out by cheetos until last night. Thanks Ryan Murphy. :vomit:

Yeah, so true.

Yeah, I like the Purge movies too.

Tons of gore. Don't like clowns so I think I will be more annoyed than scared this season.

Yeah, I agree. I thought last season sucked too. I hate all the reality tv, so I thought it was overdone and wanted something new.

I wonder if President Trump is aware of this season's theme.

Anyway, the lead actress, I always forget her name, is so very annoying this season. She always annoys me anyway, but this season is just too much. the whole clown phobia thing. come on! That therapist is useless and is probably in on bringing her down. Not sure why Evan Peters has it in for her and her wife? Probably he's also a homophobe too.

I have a feeling that the reason behind terrorizing this family is way bigger than we think or at least I hope so.

And what are Evan and Billie to each other? Brother and sister, lovers? This is going to be crazy.

I feel bad for the poor little boy.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, luciusfunk said:

So what does the election have to do with clowns?

ha ha who the hell knows? It seems a lot of people are afraid of clowns, so I guess since IT is huge right now, clowns is the theme of the day.

I know I've never liked clowns. They don't scare me as much as they just aren't funny to me at all. I wonder who the hell is behind that makeup and how weird they have to be to be clowns. Just my thoughts.

7 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

This show is hilarious. "What if I get pregnant? Where will I get an abortion?" "They're tying to kill me! What do I do?"

Yeah, tons of digs to President Trump. Oh well, it seems to be that kind of year.

The gore factor was way up too. Still hate clowns and it was gross them having sex. God, it made me want to gag.

36 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Evan Peters, that's the reason I'm giving this show one more chance because his character seems to be one of the principal ones. 

AHS went downhill fast after Murder House and Asylum.

Yeah, this year it seems Evan has a larger role.

Last night, Billy on the Street came on. I love him.

Otherwise, Sarah Paulson is just a screaming fool this season so far. I have a funny feeling her wife is not all she seems to be. Maybe she's behind all the clown shit to get her money. Anyway, I will stick with it for now.  The white haired cop used to be on Arrow. He was Roy. Anyway, don't know why someone in their 20's would have white hair?

also I know this is a tv show, but to knock out power to many states and not get caught? Weird.

And I guess we found out how the bees come in to play.

16 minutes ago, username said:

Just watched the first episode... It was a bit of a let-down. I hoped for something more...intriguing I guess. 

Second episode wasn't any better IMO. I'm giving it until next week then giving up if it doesn't get better. I can't just waste whole hours of my life watching Sarah Paulson scream at the top of her lungs, drool and mumble/cry about clowns.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Second episode wasn't any better IMO. I'm giving it until next week then giving up if it doesn't get better. I can't just waste whole hours of my life watching Sarah Paulson scream at the top of her lungs, drool and mumble/cry about clowns.

I think the wife is interesting. Maybe the new neighbors too. I liked Billie Lourd in Scream Queens for being over the top, but I have no clue how she'll be in this. So far Evan Peters character is a little annoying and Sarah Paulson's is really fucking annoying. Plus I hated Twisty the first time around. 

4 hours ago, username said:

I think the wife is interesting. Maybe the new neighbors too. I liked Billie Lourd in Scream Queens for being over the top, but I have no clue how she'll be in this. So far Evan Peters character is a little annoying and Sarah Paulson's is really fucking annoying. Plus I hated Twisty the first time around. 

Yeah, I think everyone is out to get Sarah Paulson's character. Not sure why as yet? Pretty sure the therapist isn't all there either.

The clown killers seem to know what scares people and kills them that way. The only person who knows their fears is the doctor.

I just hope the explanation for scaring and destroying Sarah's life is revealed and makes sense.

3 hours ago, username said:

Is anybody still watching this? I'm almost through episode 3 and I still have no idea what to think. 

Well, last night's episode explained a lot of things.  I knew Evan Peters was supposed to be some kind of cult leader. Well, last night we found out a lot more about his character and the other characters too. It's making so much more sense now.

Still hate the clowns though. lol

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

On 9/27/2017 at 10:57 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, last night's episode explained a lot of things.  I knew Evan Peters was supposed to be some kind of cult leader. Well, last night we found out a lot more about his character and the other characters too. It's making so much more sense now.

Still hate the clowns though. lol

You were right. Makes the whole season a lot more interesting too! It also helped that this episode didn't really feature Sarah Paulson's annoying as fuck character much. 

I watched the first 2 then gave up half way through ep 3. I've not been able to get into AHS since Asylum, I quite enjoyed that and the original season but found bits I've watched since then lacking in something.

I got 3 eps into Freakshow and gave that up too. Cult is the only other one I've attempted to watch because I was slightly intrigued at them weaving current affairs into it but it hasn't held my interest and yeah..I'm kinda over Sarah Paulson. No offence intended to the actress but I'm not sure re-using the same actors over and over is particularly of benefit.

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I watched the first 2 then gave up half way through ep 3. I've not been able to get into AHS since Asylum, I quite enjoyed that and the original season but found bits I've watched since then lacking in something.

I got 3 eps into Freakshow and gave that up too. Cult is the only other one I've attempted to watch because I was slightly intrigued at them weaving current affairs into it but it hasn't held my interest and yeah..I'm kinda over Sarah Paulson. No offence intended to the actress but I'm not sure re-using the same actors over and over is particularly of benefit.

Well, Sarah is way annoying in this year's AHS. I still say everyone is targeting her and possibly because of who her character voted for which makes it so stupid.

Anyway, I enjoyed last week's episode showing how Evan Peter's character met the other characters and recruited them. I'm terrible with names of characters. lol

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:20 AM, username said:

You were right. Makes the whole season a lot more interesting too! It also helped that this episode didn't really feature Sarah Paulson's annoying as fuck character much. 

lol yeah, Sarah's character is going to be taken to a mental hospital if this keeps up. I knew her wife wasn't on the up and up.

I just find it funny that so many characters are gay this season and the stuff they come out with about Trump and Clinton are funny but true too.

I think the writers are making all the political tension over the top maybe to help us cope better. :)