Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, cineater said:

They will grow on your balcony and you can collect seeds and just spread them around.

Caterpillars are so cool!  Some of them are just freaky cool looking.  They are the rock stars of the bug world. 

They’re totally the rock stars of the big world!! 

Neat that the birds seem to know they are healthier for them too!

Cool! I have to learn so much more about my natives. 

I saw the paw paw! 

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Did you write down that website for plant selection?

I was taking notes, but I missed that - did you happen to catch it??

No but he called them keystone plants so I googled it and got several websites.

The local news station wants to use my duck pictures to show people having fun while staying home during a pandemic.  :lol:  Or so they say.  They'll will let me know when they broadcast it.

That one white caterpillar with the long white hair was just so cool looking.  Wonder what that was?  I'm off to find him.

Think this is him,

hickory-tussock-moth-caterpillar-picture

Edited by cineater

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

No but he called them keystone plants so I googled it and got several websites.

The local news station wants to use my duck pictures to show people having fun while staying home during a pandemic.  :lol:  Or so they say.  They'll will let me know when they broadcast it.

That one white caterpillar with the long white hair was just so cool looking.  Wonder what that was?  I'm off to find him.

Think this is him,

hickory-tussock-moth-caterpillar-picture

Far out!!! Look at that beauty! Get your own pic when you find em!

Yeah Ive got the local page about natives open here. The bio mass info was great!!

What??? Your ducks are making the news?? Too cool, Cin!! Imagine being a human being who gave the same news outlet a press release for a cause close to their heart, if they dont get covered but your ducks do! :lol::lol::lol: Its such a fun story!! Well done! :headbang:

So Benny.  My girls would love him.  He's a big old fluff ball.  But he's Susan's baby.  It would take days of appropriately socializing them before she would feel comfortable letting them meet.  He can have the plant room with a different window to look out and the cats can play paws under the door.  He won't be here but a few hours each time.  Unless something happens to her and then I will be his new home.

That is a hickory tussock moth caterpillar.  I don't think I have the time to go hunting bugs.  Besides, I think a giant with a camera might scare them to death.  :lol:  My moto is leave the wildlife the fuck alone.  Unless they come to visit my back porch.

12 minutes ago, cineater said:

So Benny.  My girls would love him.  He's a big old fluff ball.  But he's Susan's baby.  It would take days of appropriately socializing them before she would feel comfortable letting them meet.  He can have the plant room with a different window to look out and the cats can play paws under the door.  He won't be here but a few hours each time.  Unless something happens to her and then I will be his new home.

That is a hickory tussock moth caterpillar.  I don't think I have the time to go hunting bugs.  Besides, I think a giant with a camera might scare them to death.  :lol:  My moto is leave the wildlife the fuck alone.  Unless they come to visit my back porch.

Y'know, I did not see that casual reference to Susans untimely death coming :lol:

I wish I could figure out how to let Beaker interact with his boyfriend under the door.

Haha, lets just hope that the caterpillars describe us giants in such complimentary terms as we did them - "Rock stars" iirc :lol:

I wonder if Sir George eats caterpillars?

Little George?  He eats anything but that's probably too small for him.

Aw, one of my coworkers died.  She was pretty sick when she retired but it's still a shocker.

Check this out:  https://www.loudersound.com/news/lockdown-cover-of-guns-n-roses-and-steve-wonder-mashup-launched-for-charity

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Little George?  He eats anything but that's probably too small for him.

Aw, one of my coworkers died.  She was pretty sick when she retired but it's still a shocker.

Check this out:  https://www.loudersound.com/news/lockdown-cover-of-guns-n-roses-and-steve-wonder-mashup-launched-for-charity

Of course, my apologize to Little George. I think Mr Kitty tripped me up. Is Little Little George still hanging out too?

Im sorry to hear about losing your coworker. Thats sad.

Those songs mash up so well! Very cool performance and cause too! :headbang:

Its 40c :( 

Damn that's hot!  So much for escaping north where it's cooler.

Here's my friend's house.  https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/mo/saint-charles/14-oxford-pl/pid_36742527/  It went for sale this morning and so far she has 3 showings for today.  Benny is in one of the pictures.

Finished up my monthly weeding of my beds.  First time I've done that this year.  How did it get to be July?  Sent you a picture of my big bed and my big daisy like flowers.  Forget their name at the moment.  Just being there I get all kinds of ideas and stay way longer than I intend, lol.

Edited by cineater

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Damn that's hot!  So much for escaping north where it's cooler.

Here's my friend's house.  https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/mo/saint-charles/14-oxford-pl/pid_36742527/  It went for sale this morning and so far she has 3 showings for today.  Benny is in one of the pictures.

Finished up my monthly weeding of my beds.  First time I've done that this year.  How did it get to be July?  Sent you a picture of my big bed and my big daisy like flowers.  Forget their name at the moment.  Just being there I get all kinds of ideas and stay way longer than I intend, lol.

Its too hot to even get myself for a swim.

House is looking great! The entire property is! Benny is a handsome fella. Love the bold colours on the main floor. Bathroom is nice, but after seeing your new ones, no comparison! Nice big deck and yard. Should sell in no time.

Flower bed is looking amazing!! :headbang:This daisy tye ones have grateful dead vibes - kinda tie dye looking! 

Looks as though its actually a majority of my supposed bush beans are turning out to be climbers :facepalm: And it just makes me look like a dummy too. lol

Nobody knows but you.  But you better get some support for those.

Red and orange aren't everybody's colors but the paint looks good and they can repaint.  The first showing lasted 45 minutes which means interested buyer.  I'm thinking she'll have offers before the weekend is up.

You can't see them but I have spiderwort daylily blue in there.  I like them because real blue flowers which are few in the flower world.  They are pretty invasive.  Most people kill them.

il_794xN.923902562_fv4d.jpg

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Nobody knows but you.  But you better get some support for those.

Red and orange aren't everybody's colors but the paint looks good and they can repaint.  The first showing lasted 45 minutes which means interested buyer.  I'm thinking she'll have offers before the weekend is up.

You can't see them but I have spiderwort daylily blue in there.  I like them because real blue flowers which are few in the flower world.  They are pretty invasive.  Most people kill them.

il_794xN.923902562_fv4d.jpg

Wow - sky blue. What delicate beauty. I didnt know that blue was more rare, just because I dont know about flowers. Those are awesome!:headbang:

Saw my first moth at the garden today :) 

Sounds like the house sale is off to a smashing start! Nice!

The guest on the pre show is John Mayer. Im sorry, but Im not sure how I feel about this, tbh. He's part of Dead and Co, but not Dead imho. John Mayer is NOT dead to me, lol. Give us Trixie Garcia. Hows about Phil?? I dunno...

Still no pre music,

"Blue is the rarest flower color, seen on only 10 percent of the 280,000 flowering plants on Earth. ... This has to do with the fact that there is no blue pigment in the plant kingdom and colors that appear to be blue are actually permutations of violet or purple."  Looks like blue to me. :lol:

He should be a good guest.  Kind of like the last guy to join the Dead.

My friend got the offer she wanted from the first guy who looked at it.  He wants a decision by 10 tonight.  Should she wait and see if she can get more or take it?  My advice, you want it gone and you got what you want, take it.

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

"Blue is the rarest flower color, seen on only 10 percent of the 280,000 flowering plants on Earth. ... This has to do with the fact that there is no blue pigment in the plant kingdom and colors that appear to be blue are actually permutations of violet or purple."  Looks like blue to me. :lol:

He should be a good guest.  Kind of like the last guy to join the Dead.

My friend got the offer she wanted from the first guy who looked at it.  He wants a decision by 10 tonight.  Should she wait and see if she can get more or take it?  My advice, you want it gone and you got what you want, take it.

Looks blue to me too! :lol:

Im still all pouty about Mayer lol

Thats awesome about the house! Tough call for her. Id do it like you are saying. Agreed.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

So true.  I loved him trying to describe the Dead music and it's appeal.  He's perked up with some human interaction.

Its not true! You mean that Beaker is the only reason Im not like Mayer??

Yeah, its nice to see him more engaged.

I couldn't hear what he said about the cassettes behind him. Did you catch that?

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Its not true! You mean that Beaker is the only reason Im not like Mayer??

Yeah, its nice to see him more engaged.

I couldn't hear what he said about the cassettes behind him. Did you catch that?

Miss that.

Love what he said about being on stage with the Dead.  It's a blanket on the grass.

This is kind of cool.  I have raw honey from right by the garden.  It was named Late Summer Wildflower from when it was collected.  Brother Hubbard's, Clark's family farm.  Thing is I started taking a teaspoon a day just a few days ago and I woke up this morning not stuffy.  Love that it is located on Iffrig Rd.  Always thought that was a cool name and used it for one of my characters in my writing.

Jerry in shorts.

Edited by cineater

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

This is kind of cool.  I have raw honey from right by the garden.  It was named Late Summer Wildflower from when it was collected.  Brother Hubbard's, Clark's family farm.  Thing is I started taking a teaspoon a day just a few days ago and I woke up this morning not stuffy.  Love that it is located on Iffrig Rd.  Always thought that was a cool name and used it for one of my characters in my writing.

Jerry in shorts.

The local raw wildflower honey thing helped me for sure too!!!

Thats too cool that a road became a character in your writing! 

For some reason, when I saw Jerry in short, I immediately pictured him in 91 Axl stage attire, namely white bicycle shorts. :lol: