Gardening

Gracii Guns

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

He doesn't have much time left. :wacko:

I know :( How much he's shinning makes it all the sadder to me. But he really is turning in a great performance.

Did you see the look on Hornsbys face at the start of Friend of the Devil? Like "What the fuck am I supposed to play on the accordion to this???" :lol: But he seems to have found it.

12 minutes ago, cineater said:

Missed it.  They look pretty happy at the end of masterpiece.

Love Promise Land!

I dug that Bird Song!

I dont know the name of this Chuck Berry style Bobby song? :smiley-confused2: West Louisianna Blues?

31 minutes ago, cineater said:

Never heard of that style but could be.  Classic Dead, they just fall back and jam their way back into the song.  Mickey was laughing his ass off.

She's signing the contract on the house.

We're taking in a Dead show together! I love it, Cin! Feels like its been too long!

This jam has got me dancing!

What - thats great news! I bet it was the garden feature that sealed the deal. The house is officially not haunted or else it wouldnt have moved so fast!

Or else it hates her and wants her out. :lol:  I did ask if she thought the people sat on the bench.

Not too long to appreciate space and drums. :lol:

So I ask Craig what he normally does with the groundhogs he catches.  "Takes them to campus" (meaning the garden). :lol:

Edited by cineater

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Or else it hates her and wants her out. :lol:  I did ask if she thought the people sat on the bench.

Not too long to appreciate space and drums. :lol:

That ghost hates her all the way to the bank! I want a money ghost! What did she say about if people sat on the bench?

WTF is this space drums mumbo jumbo??!! :lol: 

Fucking space and drums.

She didn't know if they did.

You missed my joke.  So I ask Craig what he normally does with the groundhogs he catches.  "Takes them to campus" (meaning the garden). :lol:

Jerry gets into Stella Blue.

Edited by cineater

So Leslie in the native garden has been working on her outdoor classroom.  She's going to buy two turquoise shade sails for it and put it up.  I mentioned an open house after the covid restrictions are lifted and she's telling her group in two weeks.  And she just decided since one of my plants died she could just take the container.  No harm done but she's getting pretty annoying. 

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

Fucking space and drums.

She didn't know if they did.

You missed my joke.  So I ask Craig what he normally does with the groundhogs he catches.  "Takes them to campus" (meaning the garden). :lol:

Jerry gets into Stella Blue.

That Stella Blue!!! Thats why Jerrys a legend :headbang:

Hahaha Craigs groundhogs dug up you'r Liporie? That bastard! :lol: j/K

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Took me a minute to get that joke. :lol:

Well, that's a wrap.  I've been busy, GNR doing anything?

I'll take some pictures tomorrow when I go to the garden.  I have lots of people there so I can't stay long in the morning.

Craig sounds really cool! :headbang::lol:

good show, I fell asleep before the end. But it must have not lasted too long after I fell asleep? That show still had that psychedelic edge and outlaw vibes that they never had after Mydland, didn’t it?

im not sure if anything’s going on with guns either? Lol. I think people holding tickets would have more to say though :lol: Guns did partipate in the Paycheck Protection Program for their touring company (roadies). Oh and Fortus’ new signature guitar is out!!

We’re finally getting a proper rain!! Send me those pictures!!

Craig couldn't get up there last night to set the trap so I'm not going to the garden until 6.  I stayed home and worked on cleaning the containers.  Is this what I envisioned for myself when I retired?  Yes, yes I did. :lol:  That's not the end of that for this year.

She countered with something minor and they accepted.  It's a go on the house.  Sorry to see it go.  It's a cute little house.

They looked like they had gone pro to me.  They've got the show on the big screen.  Somebody's vision of what they think the crowd wants.  But at times you can see them just being them if you know what I mean.

Think GNR might have got lost. :lol:

• Haha 1

Hmm.  Sometimes when I write the story goes in a direction I don't understand and I stop writing because I think I'm off track.  I see what's happening but I stop until it goes in a different direction or makes sense.  GNR getting lost though makes sense.  Did I mention you are driving the lead wagon and the band is following you? :lol:  You're not to blame.  You were just following the road.  The chapter is called "What Do You Think".  Yeah none of us knows what's happening. :lol:

Running to the garden but I hope to be back by the concert.

Edited by cineater

5 hours ago, cineater said:

Hmm.  Sometimes when I write the story goes in a direction I don't understand and I stop writing because I think I'm off track.  I see what's happening but I stop until it goes in a different direction or makes sense.  GNR getting lost though makes sense.  Did I mention you are driving the lead wagon and the band is following you? :lol:  You're not to blame.  You were just following the road.  The chapter is called "What Do You Think".  Yeah none of us knows what's happening. :lol:

I would love to be a GNR action figure! :lol: Im a choose your own adventure.

Thats so great about the sale of the house! Well done!

Shakedown Street!:dance:

20 minutes ago, cineater said:

And then Marsha called. :lol:  Just tuning in.

I had the car full of the remainder of the containers in the greenhouse when one of the new people offered to take them home!

I saw your picture of all those trays and such!! Dont tell Craig! :lol: You deserved to have someone else offer to clean the rest! Thats great :headbang:

One More Saturday Night

One more peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. :lol:

I was showing the new guy around the garden.  Marsha's area is starting to look good.  They have cut all these planks to make a wooden walkway.  Looking pretty cool so far.

Craig put out the traps so I have to check them in the morning.  We could be catching all kinds of random stuff. :lol:  Sent you pictures.

You're going to have to start taking a nap in the afternoon.

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cineater said:

One more peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. :lol:

I was showing the new guy around the garden.  Marsha's area is starting to look good.  They have cut all these planks to make a wooden walkway.  Looking pretty cool so far.

Craig put out the traps so I have to check them in the morning.  We could be catching all kinds of random stuff. :lol:  Sent you pictures.

You're going to have to start taking a nap in the afternoon.

Hahahaha, I really should be taking an afternoon nap before these shows! I’m such a light weight! Did I even make it to space drums?? :lol: Sorry about that! What did I miss?

somehow, pb and j seems like a very Grateful Dead thing. Good, simple, American, for everybody!

the walk way is exciting!

Did you find anyone in those traps?? Weird to think that sometimes animals get the upper hand on is gardeners, when meanwhile they’ll just walk into those traps. Lol. 

Edited by soon

On 7/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, cineater said:

So Leslie in the native garden has been working on her outdoor classroom.  She's going to buy two turquoise shade sails for it and put it up.  I mentioned an open house after the covid restrictions are lifted and she's telling her group in two weeks.  And she just decided since one of my plants died she could just take the container.  No harm done but she's getting pretty annoying. 

Well, I’m happy to hear there will be an outdoor garden after all. Even if it’s different than you envisioned.

2 weeks does seem unreasonable! 

20 hours ago, cineater said:

Okay - please tell more about this chapter!! Me and GNR? Yes please!!

No groundhog but I sent you a picture of what I did find. :lol:

Corn burrito is the GD way.  And apparently grill cheese but I don't know how that came about.

Last year I dug this weed, Chicory, out of Marsha's bed and it immediately died.  I like the little blue flowers.  I left it in it's container and stashed it.  This morning I checkecked on it and it is blooming!  Ugly plant but pretty flowers.

chicory.jpg

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

No groundhog but I sent you a picture of what I did find. :lol:

Corn burrito is the GD way.  And apparently grill cheese but I don't know how that came about.

Last year I dug this weed, Chicory, out of Marsha's bed and it immediately died.  I like the little blue flowers.  I left it in it's container and stashed it.  This morning I checkecked on it and it is blooming!  Ugly plant but pretty flowers.

chicory.jpg

Ahhhhh!!! You found a bra?!? Some Master Gardener hanky panky?? :lol:

I used to have a garden backing into a middle school grounds. Youths would use my garden to make out in and on occasion there would be a bra or underwear left in the corn field. But it would be awkward when someone would find them and could tell it was middle schooler undies!! :lol:

Burritos and GC for eating or bait?

Those are pretty flowers. I think people use chicory root as a coffee replacement? And the leaves are used in salad I think?

There's being one with mother nature and then there's doing it with the mosquitos. :lol:

People who follow the Dead use to sell corn burritos in the parking lot to fund their trip.

You can make coffee.  Not sure about the salad.

Sorry, no fun for you.  I went and got the kid's carpet cleaner.