Gardening

Gracii Guns

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Kind of a short set.

Bobby Boy?

You fell asleep for the last show?

.... Sorry :axl92::lol::heart:

You were awol for the class too though! lol

I heard the end of set one and mistook it for the end. I stayed up as long as I could, I promise!

Edited by soon

11 hours ago, cineater said:

I was thinking green but yellow is pretty happy.

And I know I just treated the house to two bathrooms but how can I pass those up?

Where are you?  Look at those shoes! :lol:  I'm going all girl on you.

Hehe, I can see the appeal for a woman. I like yellow more too.

I would say to just buy yellow shoes and slap on a Dead decal. But then the Dead decal would likely cost $110 on its own anyways :lol:

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I finished the grout work.  Somehow dirt got into the grout in my bathroom and Craig wanted to redo it.  Told him I would work and scrapping it out if he gave me the tools.  I hope I did that right.  He's going to come over this weekend and finish it up.  You know, I like the guy but I'm done having a bunch of folks over here.  Or at least give me somebody new, lol.  Susan and Benny are coming Friday while the inspection goes on.

I'm behind in my writing.  I've already envisioned the next coming sections.  A little obvious what they mean but just when you think you know what's going on......  Cool thing is my room could be here.  The white rotunda with the dome ceiling.  I can blow open the window shutters and look out a window to see what's going on.  It's a cool room but I've never seen it from the outside or know where it is.

Im sure you did it great! He's almost outta your hair. After this weekend. And then soon, youll miss him. Dont let Benny bring the demon red fluffy ball in!!! :lol:

Whats coming next in your writing? Maybe you will find out where your room is?

I was up till 5 with a sinus headache.  Once that storm blew through it came on.  Still hanging on.

Susan got an early start.  She went to throw out a can in the basement and got a chemical burn and then Benny threw up.  Hope that is it for the day.

Yellow for sure.  I'll have to see if I can find them for sale somewhere around here.  I'd like to try them on first.  But I forgot I pitched in on the sod for the kids.  The plan is the yard gets graded on Friday and the sod comes.  They got 12 pallets.  Caleb and his brothers start laying it out Friday night and want to be done by noon on Saturday.  I'll probably go over and throw sod rolls at them.  Let the young people crawl around on their hands and knees.  We'll probably all end up with covid from the sod party. :lol:

I hope to get up to the garden and work on the path today.  Waiting for cloud cover we might get or after dinner tonight.  One of my last two projects.  The other is to enter all my garden hours in the computer for the last 3 months.  All that plant sales activity counts.  We'll see how many hours I got.

Edited by cineater

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was up till 5 with a sinus headache.  Once that storm blew through it came on.  Still hanging on.

Susan got an early start.  She went to throw out a can in the basement and got a chemical burn and then Benny threw up.  Hope that is it for the day.

Yellow for sure.  I'll have to see if I can find them for sale somewhere around here.  I'd like to try them on first.  But I forgot I pitched in on the sod for the kids.  The plan is the yard gets graded on Friday and the sod comes.  Caleb and his brothers start laying it out Friday night and want to be done by noon on Saturday.  I'll probably go over and throw sod rolls at them.  Let the young people crawl around on their hands and knees.  We'll probably all end up with covid from the sod party. :lol:

I hope to get up to the garden and work on the path today.  Waiting for cloud cover we might get or after dinner tonight.  One of my last two projects.  The other is to enter all my garden hours in the computer for the last 3 months.  All that plant sales activity counts.  We'll see how many hours I got.

Im sorry to her about your sinus headache. And, again, sorry I missed half the show! Wont happen again. I really did need the sleep though. West LA and Masterpiece were my stand out tracks of the night. Will miss Weir Wednesdays.

Susan needs to stop doing anything and everything until we get to speak to this ghost! I hope shes okay? Poor Benny.

The shoes look comfy... well the outside looks comfy.. huh? lol I can definitely picture you rocking those :headbang:

You be safe at the sod party. Those kids are spoiled by you!

Imagine how many hours youll have logged!! And the midnight hours should be time and a half. I hope you feel well enough and the weather works out so that you can work on your path. Thats a great project.

Im so pissed about my garden.

Okay, wait, what happen to your garden?!

That's done 393 volunteer hours and 18 hours education.  That's a conservative estimate on the volunteer hours.  Who know how many hours around that plant sale and numerous hours spent on e-mails, texts and scheduling people to work.

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay, wait, what happen to your garden?!

That's done 393 volunteer hours and 18 hours education.  That's a conservative estimate on the volunteer hours.  Who know how many hours around that plant sale and numerous hours spent on e-mails, texts and scheduling people to work.

Way to go, Cin! Im sure that is a very conservative estimate. Incredible stuff :headbang:

All my bush beans turned out to be vines. So they are also way bigger, wider and leafier. They will take longer to grow so I wont get the second sowing Id counted on, either. My garden looks a mess. The chamomile and winter savoury are completely buried in beans. I need to remove a bunch of beans and then figure out trellising. And they better at least be black beans, or some protein bean. Because if all I get from risking my life to garden is wax beans... I will not be pleasant to talk to :lol: Lentis still tiny. Chives taste like shit. Me oh my.

Also, theres so many bougie people this year. I only like one of the newbies. I actually like him quite a bit, though. Dont know his name but I think of him as "Yaught Club." :lol:. I miss Tiger Mother and still dont know how she is. I miss some of the dogs, and accompanying ladies. And of course I mostly miss my huge garden that Im not able to do this season at all.

I havent been growing anything indoors sine my last micro greens fail. 

Ill stop ranting now :lol:

My echinecea is in bloom! You might recall I wasnt clear if it was the right variety? It is! So Ive got this good news. The bad news is that I grow them to cut the flowers off the tops for medicine. So.... back to shit garden. :lol: I sent you pics of it and my valerian. Oh, and my valerian is slowly dying. :facepalm::lol:

The good thing about gardens is they change and since it's your Garden of Eden, be the god and create it in your own image.  Wonder if somebody else has a space for that second sowing and you could use their bed.

I miss Tiger Mom too.  Guess you better go over and meet Yacht Club.  We need a character.

The other Kevin called.  He pretty much calls me every time he's been at the daylilies.  Just checking in and I appreciate the care he is giving them but now not only are the daylilies the problem child, their dad needs support. :lol:

With the rain, my goal when I go outside is to pull the broadleaf weeds out of my grass.  I swear I can't kill that shit and the only way is pulling them.  I'm making progress, there is less each year.  I don't have the big patches I use to have.  Craig says instead of spraying it I need to use a granular killer.  Might try that but I got them all right now. 

49 minutes ago, cineater said:

The good thing about gardens is they change and since it's your Garden of Eden, be the god and create it in your own image.  Wonder if somebody else has a space for that second sowing and you could use their bed.

I miss Tiger Mom too.  Guess you better go over and meet Yacht Club.  We need a character.

The other Kevin called.  He pretty much calls me every time he's been at the daylilies.  Just checking in and I appreciate the care he is giving them but now not only are the daylilies the problem child, their dad needs support. :lol:

With the rain, my goal when I go outside is to pull the broadleaf weeds out of my grass.  I swear I can't kill that shit and the only way is pulling them.  I'm making progress, there is less each year.  I don't have the big patches I use to have.  Craig says instead of spraying it I need to use a granular killer.  Might try that but I got them all right now. 

I can only create a garden in my image if people sell me the correct seeds in a package labeled "Bush Beans" !!!!!!! Sorry, still pissed off! :lol: Not only am I not getting second sowing, Im having to toss about bunch from this sowing. :anger: But yeah, Ill ask around if anyones got space.

Yacht Club comes by often. As for a character.... He's friendly and easy to talk to. I like that he doesnt only ask me stuff but also offers his learnings and observations, because lots of newbies just take, take, take. He's really plugged in about disability - at least my disability. He's got to be the most classically handsome man in town. Bounces back and forth between languages and I dont think he notices. Wears tight white pants, rolled up to mid calf (hence yacht club, lol). And, like many francophones here, his resting face is what we english speakers would describe as "a self content sob." :lol: He's cool though. I bet theres a good chance he enjoys the Dead to some extent.

Its kind of you to offer support to the daylily daddy :lol:

Too bad we cant use fire on weeds. Looked fun af in the yesterdays class!

You can.  Get a flamethrower and toast them.  Tim did that to all the weeds in our path last year.

Both Del and Joe got busted not wearing masks today.  The 2 people I see most often with masks on.

So Leslie wants to put up shade sails in the native beds.  Both Marsha and Joe got involved.  Marsha of course has her ideas how to do it and Joe has to look and consider everything.  Leslie was suppose to consult with Clark.  Er, Clark who has put up many of these commercially is suppose to be in charge is how I saw it.  Marsha is suppose to bring her tool to dig the holes and Joe is suppose to be labor.  Leslie is suppose to organize the work session.  I should only have to look at how beautiful it is after it's done!  Why do I have to be in this conversation? :lol:  

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cineater said:

You can.  Get a flamethrower and toast them.  Tim did that to all the weeds in our path last year.

Both Del and Joe got busted not wearing masks today.  The 2 people I see most often with masks on.

So Leslie wants to put up shade sails in the native beds.  Both Marsha and Joe got involved.  Marsha of course has her ideas how to do it and Joe has to look and consider everything.  Leslie was suppose to consult with Clark.  Er, Clark who has put up many of these commercially is suppose to be in charge is how I saw it.  Marsha is suppose to bring her tool to dig the holes and Joe is suppose to be labor.  Leslie is suppose to organize the work session.  I should only have to look at how beautiful it is after it's done!  Why do I have to be in this conversation? :lol:  

Maybe I will be able to better understand this buearocratic mess after Ive had coffee? :lol: What do shade sails look like?

What happens when people get busted not wearing a mask?

Maybe Ill take a flame thrower to my entire garden.

These things

28%2527+Triangle+Shade+Sail.jpg

Pretty cool. 

Both Marsha and Del are on a toot about the masks.  Leslie asked Marsha if "that would make her happy", in response to something Marsha was trying to tell her needed fixed.  Marsha wants me, "you wanted this job", to tell her she has to do it Marsha's way.  They both have their panties in a bunch.  Yes, I will deal with it but for now it's hot and I will do it in my own time when the two of you have a moment to reflect on it. :lol:

Lily was not very excited about Benny visiting and growled at him whenever he tried to make friends.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

These things

28%2527+Triangle+Shade+Sail.jpg

Pretty cool. 

Both Marsha and Del are on a toot about the masks.  Leslie asked Marsha if "that would make her happy", in response to something Marsha was trying to tell her needed fixed.  Marsha wants me, "you wanted this job", to tell her she has to do it Marsha's way.  They both have their panties in a bunch.  Yes, I will deal with it but for now it's hot and I will do it in my own time when the two of you have a moment to reflect on it. :lol:

Lily was not very excited about Benny visiting and growled at him whenever he tried to make friends.

Looks so cool! Reminds me of some of the late 80s daed stages form Shakedown Stream!

You Master gardeners could a have a juicy drama reality show! :lol:

Oh Lily. She's more that way than Simone, eh?

I just had a wonderful chat and shared some herbs from my garden so I am happy about it again. Made really great connections, for career and climate crisis too. Like we will both help one another a lot, and have fun doing it. So it seems to click really well. Felt like a bt of a whirlwind!

Who was that?  I'm so happy for you.  It is supposed to be the joy of gardening. :lol:

Simone is more walk on by you, I don't give a fuck who you are, I'm going where I want to go. :lol:

Ah yeah, I tried to bring it up at steering committee today that we have a them vs us thing developing and some leads with hurt feelings.  They don't want to hear it.  

I'm missing the concert tonight to help the kids with the sod.  It's thundering out there.  Pop up showers coming.  Wet sod is heavy!  Really hot out there.  This is not going to be fun but it will look so nice when it's done.  I have a friend who has a rock cliff behind her house and has offered to let us come over and pick through it for the landscaping if we want it.  Would almost rather take out a loan to pay for that then dig through what she has. :lol:

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Who was that?  I'm so happy for you.  It is supposed to be the joy of gardening. :lol:

Simone is more walk on by you, I don't give a fuck who you are, I'm going where I want to go. :lol:

Ah yeah, I tried to bring it up at steering committee today that we have a them vs us thing developing and some leads with hurt feelings.  They don't want to hear it.  

I'm missing the concert tonight to help the kids with the sod.  It's thundering out there.  Pop up showers coming.  Wet sod is heavy!  Really hot out there.  This is not going to be fun but it will look so nice when it's done.  I have a friend who has a rock cliff behind her house and has offered to let us come over and pick through it for the landscaping if we want it.  Would almost rather take out a loan to pay for that then dig through what she has. :lol:

Ill send you more details about the person and our mutual interests and pursuits. But yeah, thanks it was the shot in the arm that I needed! And good has already come from the connection. Its so perfectly balanced too - what we have to offer one another. We'll be "Bigger than Greta" in the same way that the Beatles were "Bigger than Jesus." :lol: I'll do that tomorrow, Im still a little buzzing about it and would just ramble at you. :lol:

I was gone log enough today for Beaker to act happy when I returned home. He was even 'chuffing' at me a bit. Which seemed to indicated that he was happy and feeling cuddly, but also "dont you dare ever leave for this long ever again." :lol::wub:

Sounds rather stressful, navigating the organizational aspects of Covid. Sorry your in the middle of all that. Its good you brought it up, even if at the meeting they didnt wanna hear it.

Are you punishing me for missing half of Weir Wednesday? j/k lol. I screwed up the entire Dead week. Now we'll just get dead and co *shudders* :lol:.

I hope the sod party goes well! 

Back in time.  They had 3/4 of the yard done by the time I got there.  Ran out and probably need 2 more plates.  They regraded the yard but left it really rough and took away all the top soil.  Too late to do anything about that, down went the sod.  It's just going to be a bitch trying to water it.

I'm just avoiding the conflicts.  Nobody is pissed at me and I'm not pissing anybody off.  I just have to listen to it. :lol:

Marsha just texted.  She got chiggers today.  Yeah you went back in chiggerville and played in the tall grass.  I stayed on the path. :lol:

Don't think I've ever seen Bobby in sunglasses.

It's watermelon month.  https://ipm.missouri.edu/MEG/2020/7/watermelon-DT/

You might like this website for education:  https://www.purdue.edu/hla/sites/master-gardener/continuededhours/

Hope you didn't miss Eyes of the World.  Jerry's voice is a little rough but nice grove.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Back in time.  They had 3/4 of the yard done by the time I got there.  Ran out and probably need 2 more plates.  They regraded the yard but left it really rough and took away all the top soil.  Too late to do anything about that, down went the sod.  It's just going to be a bitch trying to water it.

I'm just avoiding the conflicts.  Nobody is pissed at me and I'm not pissing anybody off.  I just have to listen to it. :lol:

Marsha just texted.  She got chiggers today.  Yeah you went back in chiggerville and played in the tall grass.  I stayed on the path. :lol:

Don't think I've ever seen Bobby in sunglasses.

It's watermelon month.  https://ipm.missouri.edu/MEG/2020/7/watermelon-DT/

You might like this website for education:  https://www.purdue.edu/hla/sites/master-gardener/continuededhours/

Hope you didn't miss Eyes of the World.  Jerry's voice is a little rough but nice grove.

What??!??!?!?!?!?!?! You were back in time for show???? I didnt see this!!! Grrrrr!

I didnt watch and was distracted as I listen. Bobby in shades sounds like Miami Vice territory? :lol:

The lack of soil could be an issue for water retainment too. But glad its mostly done. Hoping for rain for you.

Thanks for these links! Looking forward to checking them out!

I think I did miss Eyes of the World. Im so grumpy I missed the show with you!

Just planted my tree.  I’ve just fuckin’ put something into mother earth...its all a bit kinky if you think about it :lol:  So...come on @soon, away you go son, this is where your expertise comes in, how do I make this bastard grow a bit, what sort of tree steroids are there out there on the market, whats the fuckin’ tree HGH?

I thought his friend who was doing the grading knew what he was doing.  They took away two loads of dirt, ie all the top soil that was there.  What was left was clay soil that has just been packed down by heavy machinery.  I could see the ruts.  Absolutely not the right growing conditions for anything.  Add to that we are hotter than hell.  The only saving grace is we have chances for rain and we need a lot. 

I should be around for tonight's show.  Hotter than hell.  I'm hoping to be home all day.

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

I thought his friend who was doing the grading knew what he was doing.  They took away two loads of dirt, ie all the top soil that was there.  What was left was clay soil that has just been packed down by heavy machinery.  I could see the ruts.  Absolutely not the right growing conditions for anything.  Add to that we are hotter than hell.  The only saving grace is we have chances for rain and we need a lot. 

I should be around for tonight's show.  Hotter than hell.  I'm hoping to be home all day.

I really hope after all that money and effort that the sod takes with no issues. 

Yay, show! I would have loved show night yesterday! Maybe you can do some writing today?

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Just planted my tree.  I’ve just fuckin’ put something into mother earth...its all a bit kinky if you think about it :lol:  So...come on @soon, away you go son, this is where your expertise comes in, how do I make this bastard grow a bit, what sort of tree steroids are there out there on the market, whats the fuckin’ tree HGH?

Go back out there and walk around that tree.  Is it straight from all views?  Now say something nice to it and leave it the fuck alone.  No fertilizer.  It needs to make roots to make it strong and healthy and then it can grow.  Fertilizer right now would force it to put out top growth and cause weak roots.  It needs a year to establish itself.  All the steroid stuff gets into our water systems and causes algae blooms and various other problems.  Stay away from it. 

Congrats on your tree! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

Go back out there and walk around that tree.  Is it straight from all views?  Now say something nice to it and leave it the fuck alone.  No fertilizer.  It needs to make roots to make it strong and healthy and then it can grow.  Fertilizer right now would force it to put out top growth and cause weak roots.  It needs a year to establish itself.  All the steroid stuff gets into our water systems and causes algae blooms and various other problems.  Stay away from it. 

Congrats on your tree! 

I should water the shit though right?

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nice! Fun fact: In nature sequoias are born of fire. Fire clears up the space, leaving mineral rich ash. And the smoke heats up the pine cones on the branches that holds the seeds. When heated they open up and drop the sees onto the newly fertile ashy, soil. Then winter snow cover comes. In spring the ashy soil is drenched and the seeds thrive in that condition. So all of that has been emulated to get you your seedling!

I dont know much about trees. Our Master Gardener will. Also, @downliner planted some trees last season. He might have some tips for you?

Ideally it was planted in loose, well draining soil. They are thirsty trees! So they want to be watered frequently. But they also don't like "wet feet" - they don't want to sit in soaked soil all the time. You'll likely have to supplement the rainfall with watering.

I would have thought to fertilize within the first season, but Cin knows best. I looked up fertilizer types though. Use organic certified or OMCR certified. They dont actually want much. A gentle 10-10-10. They are a pine and I saw some slow release pine fertilizers plugs. You just stick the plug into the soil beside the tree and it slow releases the fertilizer. (whenever the time is right to begin fertilizing).

And when growing a giant tree, you must take pictures from the same angle at least every year to watch how fast it shoots up!

This will be a surprise for your Dad when he returns?

Edited by soon