Gardening

Gracii Guns

I need to work on it but it sits in full sun all day long.  I was going to slip up there for a few hours this morning but my phone started blowing up.  Susan thinking she's having an anxiety attack.  I'd go with that but she has some physical issues that concern me.  I don't want to add to her anxiety but :lol:  She's at the eye doctor so at least somebody has eyes on her and she's out of the house!

One advantage of being a master gardener is you have all these friends with lots of plants and they like to share (stick you with them).  And then people start to know you for plants.  I walked out yesterday to find some homeless succulents sitting in a pot on my trash can.  No idea where they came from but I potted them up and gave them to Craig.  His niece collects those. I've also gotten very good at sticking somebody else with them. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I need to work on it but it sits in full sun all day long.  I was going to slip up there for a few hours this morning but my phone started blowing up.  Susan thinking she's having an anxiety attack.  I'd go with that but she has some physical issues that concern me.  I don't want to add to her anxiety but :lol:  She's at the eye doctor so at least somebody has eyes on her and she's out of the house!

One advantage of being a master gardener is you have all these friends with lots of plants and they like to share (stick you with them).  And then people start to know you for plants.  I walked out yesterday to find some homeless succulents sitting in a pot on my trash can.  No idea where they came from but I potted them up and gave them to Craig.  His niece collects those. I've also gotten very good at sticking somebody else with them. :lol:

Is Susan okay now? That is unsettling that even anxiety can impact health conditions.

People have taken to just leaving plants on your yard. :lol: Well I can’t say that it’s an entirely unreasonable assumption for them to make!

And to prove it you already found it a happy home! Nice!

At the garden. It’s sucks so bad!!!! 

Oh no, what's going on at the garden?  We got cloud cover so I went up and worked the greenhouse path.  Walked the grounds and collected lost tools.  Put that bra in the trash, lol.

She's okay now.  I didn't want to freak her out more but I asked if it could be a physical issue.  Then she remembered the doctor wanted to have a blood test to check her blood sugar.  She eats like shit and is overweight.  The doctor did find scar tissue on her brain a few years ago that indicated she had had some mini strokes.  She asked if I thought it could be another mental illness besides anxiety.  NO!  You're selling your 64 year old house and moving in with your parents, you should be freaked. :lol:  Always rule out a physical issue before considering mental health unless it's really obvious.  Just like they sold us on opiods, they marketed antidepressants and antianxiety meds. 

Edited by cineater

56 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh no, what's going on at the garden?  We got cloud cover so I went up and worked the greenhouse path.  Walked the grounds and collected lost tools.  Put that bra in the trash, lol.

She's okay now.  I didn't want to freak her out more but I asked if it could be a physical issue.  Then she remembered the doctor wanted to have a blood test to check her blood sugar.  She eats like shit and is overweight.  The doctor did find scar tissue on her brain a few years ago that indicated she had had some mini strokes.  She asked if I thought it could be another mental illness besides anxiety.  NO!  You're selling your 64 year old house and moving in with your parents, you should be freaked. :lol:  Always rule out a physical issue before considering mental health unless it's really obvious.  Just like they sold us on opiods, they marketed antidepressants and antianxiety meds. 

Now its looking very empty in parts. Such as where the valerian was before it died. One stalk of echenecea was dead and fallen when I arrived. Not sure why. About 1/3rd of the chamomile didnt bounce back after being liberated. And I saw a japanese beetle in my bed, which is a pest. But luckily someone near by had just been a jerk to me, so now the beetle lives in his garden :ph34r::lol:

Im glad Susan is okay. Yeah, she really does have a lot going on. And parent stuff... Id be having a panic attack to say the least!

I agree that we are over apathologized, if thats the word, and its almost always in the name of profit. Im very much a fan of the notion "let your food be your medicine" to whatever degree is possible, of course. Actually the person who got my groceries mentioned how healthy I ate. haha. Hey, maybe I can unload some kale off onto her!? :lol:

Echinacea really is a tempermental plant.  They like a drink and to then dry out.  Too much water and they die.

Don't look in my frig.  It's loaded with ice cream and cheese. :lol:  I should make that kale burger though.

Went over and checked out the sod.  It's wet!  The cool thing is my rod went easily down in the soil so that's not complete clay.

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Echinacea really is a tempermental plant.  They like a drink and to then dry out.  Too much water and they die.

Don't look in my frig.  It's loaded with ice cream and cheese. :lol:  I should make that kale burger though.

Went over and checked out the sod.  It's wet!  The cool thing is my rod went easily down in the soil so that's not complete clay.

During the heat wave it needed lots of water - every day. Since then I havent been doing the watering. Its rained many days. It also had the white aphids but this seems unrelated.

Im jealous of your fridge!! :lol: Do you mean anise burger?

Im impressed that you managed to leave your home when you have a fridge full of cheese and ice cream :lol: Thats great news about the sod!!! And also about the soil! :headbang:

Oh wait, what did you make the anise burger from?  Was it hyssop?  What do I do with all this kale? :lol:

I'm loving all the rain we are getting.  It's not too much but just the right amount to keep things watered.

I did not realize how much Caleb was into his yard.  He has dreams there.  Okay, he wants a Japanese Maple.  What beginning gardener doesn't want one?  He's got his landscape friend making this big area in front of his house.  Looks cool but it's full of landscape fabric, rock and traditional mulch.  It's your suburban landscape.

Tonight we have leads training, creating a landscape plan.  Marsha is coming over to watch it on my computer.

27 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh wait, what did you make the anise burger from?  Was it hyssop?  What do I do with all this kale? :lol:

Well, thats the question, isnt it? :lol: I prefer to harvest it when its young and the leaves are soft enough to eat as a sandwich or burger topping. A vinegar forward salad with some walnuts can be nice. Once the leaves get more thick and spiney, I like to cook em down real good with some liquid, fat and vinegar - like how collards are cooked, just for shorter time. I tend to also saute mushrooms and then blend the kale and mushrooms into a puree. And Ill use that as a side dish, perfect to drag you meat and potatoes through, or even to toss rice in if desired.

Only use the flowers of the anise hyssop. Dice up the flower and use somewhat sparingly, mix it into the ground beef/pork/etc with salt and pepper. And I also topped mine with diced anise hyssop and ketchup, mixed together. Top with kale too! 

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm loving all the rain we are getting.  It's not too much but just the right amount to keep things watered.

I did not realize how much Caleb was into his yard.  He has dreams there.  Okay, he wants a Japanese Maple.  What beginning gardener doesn't want one?  He's got his landscape friend making this big area in front of his house.  Looks cool but it's full of landscape fabric, rock and traditional mulch.  It's your suburban landscape.

Tonight we have leads training, creating a landscape plan.  Marsha is coming over to watch it on my computer.

Isnt it great this rain?? 

Yeah, personally those suburban type landscapes dont do much for me. But its cool that he's into it! Garden dreams are a powerful thing. I hope that one day it will be just normal for lawn to be made up of draught resistant natives, food plants and flowers. Like versions of what you are doing at the side projects house. :headbang: But is that the landscaping friend who botched the sod thing?

That sounds like a fun evening for you two! Am I flying solo for the biomimicry class tomorrow? Im pumped for it!

I'm going to listen in on that class just to find out what they are talking about and maybe get some ideas.

I'm getting Craig to harvest my kale and take it home. :lol:

Yeah, they got to Leslie.  She wants to table the shade sail idea for now AND for the next lead.  I have some work to do there.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I'm going to listen in on that class just to find out what they are talking about and maybe get some ideas.

I'm getting Craig to harvest my kale and take it home. :lol:

Yeah, they got to Leslie.  She wants to table the shade sail idea for now AND for the next lead.  I have some work to do there.

Yeah, it should be good! I bet I’ll get some ideas for sure!

That should have been my answer! Smart woman. :lol:

You better get on their and mend fences!!

My winter savoury is in bloom! Will send pic later.

My beans are also in bloom but fuck them :lol:

41 minutes ago, cineater said:

Check your email.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Im lol'ing uncontrollably :lol::rofl-lol:

Thats hilarious!! These fashion ducks need an insta account!! Please do it!!!?? You will have followers.

You've made my day. And Lily is just like "whaaaaaaaa?" :lol:

How did this happen?? lol

21 minutes ago, soon said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Im lol'ing uncontrollably :lol::rofl-lol:

Thats hilarious!! These fashion ducks need an insta account!! Please do it!!!?? You will have followers.

You've made my day. And Lily is just like "whaaaaaaaa?" :lol:

How did this happen?? lol

My mother's birthday is Saturday so I'm putting them out Friday night to quacker her up.  DJ got 24 of those at a garage sale for $22.  I'm making party hats for them.  Puts a smile on everybody's face.  Given free time, I'm never bored.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

My mother's birthday is Saturday so I'm putting them out Friday night to quacker her up.  DJ got 24 of those at a garage sale for $22.  I'm making party hats for them.  Puts a smile on everybody's face.  Given free time, I'm never bored.

I love it! :lol:

I knew about the ducks and the plan. Just didnt now theyd be getting fashion makeovers :rofl-lol:

Those hats look tight!

Make your own good time, fantastic! Even if it means your a bit quackers :lol:

I needed this laugh! Fuck me, Im bent over laughing again :lol: You are awesome!

Edited by soon

Yeah, they glued it on.  Fun but hurts the pigeon.

We have class this afternoon and it's Wednesday!  I'm working a 1000 piece puzzle that got a little destroyed last night with people eating on the table.  I'll be working on that.

One of the education committee members called last night before their meeting.  They are discussing how best to conduct a garden tour.  Wait a minute, that was my idea and my project.  Was feeling like they were stealing something from me but then on the other hand, going in the direction I got it going so let somebody else do it, lol.  The landscape design class went well last night.  A little more detailed than I want to do.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Yeah, they glued it on.  Fun but hurts the pigeon.

We have class this afternoon and it's Wednesday!  I'm working a 1000 piece puzzle that got a little destroyed last night with people eating on the table.  I'll be working on that.

One of the education committee members called last night before their meeting.  They are discussing how best to conduct a garden tour.  Wait a minute, that was my idea and my project.  Was feeling like they were stealing something from me but then on the other hand, going in the direction I got it going so let somebody else do it, lol.  The landscape design class went well last night.  A little more detailed than I want to do.

Can’t wait for class!! No more Weir though :( 

People messes up your puzzle? Rude! Sounds like a nice way to spend some time today though. Did you even share your cheese and ice cream? Lol

People keep stealing your ideas and projects. That’s really not cool. I get that having others carry the work lid is good. But in any case you should still be acknowledged for the idea. That sucks.

Some one offered to water, to help me out. And then they clearly just didn’t. And they didn’t tell me.

Oh that's right no more Weir.

The puzzle was under the table cloth and my table is just barely big enough for a thousand piece.  Any movement and it's falling on the floor.  I forgot I had invited them over otherwise I would have waited to start it.

Sending you pics in a minute.  We got cloud cover and I was able to finish the path around the greenhouse.  It's more of a self satisfaction thing that I put something together that works.  I turn over the idea to somebody else it becomes their vision.  It's like having a kid and somebody else raises it.  Not to say somebody else couldn't do a better job with the idea.

"Thanks for the offer" but I never trust anybody to come through for me in things like that.  Yeah DJ is trying to get out of setting out the ducks.  I didn't want to do it to begin with!  I knew that would happen. :lol:  I was doing it more for her then mom.

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh that's right no more Weir.

The puzzle was under the table cloth and my table is just barely big enough for a thousand piece.  Any movement and it's falling on the floor.  I forgot I had invited them over otherwise I would have waited to start it.

Sending you pics in a minute.  We got cloud cover and I was able to finish the path around the greenhouse.  It's more of a self satisfaction thing that I put something together that works.  I turn over the idea to somebody else it becomes their vision.  It's like having a kid and somebody else raises it.  Not to say somebody else couldn't do a better job with the idea.

"Thanks for the offer" but I never trust anybody to come through for me in things like that.  Yeah DJ is trying to get out of setting out the ducks.  I didn't want to do it to begin with!  I knew that would happen. :lol:  I was doing it more for her then mom.

The path is looking so sharp. Well done! Huge improvement :headbang:

I just wish they could knowledge its your idea.

Isnt that just the way it always goes with a fashion duck surprise... no one ever wants to place the ducks? :lol:

My beans have pods forming but too early to tell if they are black beans. Im thinking they are not. But hopefully.