Super Troopers 2

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'll give it a chance but im expecting it to suck like Bad Santa 2.

I know it's just a trailer, but I think it'll be a good sequel. I'd hope that if it was gonna be a slapped-together follow-up just for the cash, it wouldn't have come a decade and a half after the original...

I laughed too hard at "great Tim Horton's ghost..." and the second fake-french Quebec-RCMP bit :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Sequels to amazing comedies just never work. I can't think of even one that knocked my socks off.

Porky's 2. Revenge of the Nerds 2. Caddyshack 2. Major League 2. Anchorman 2. Beverley Hills Cop 2. Bad Santa 2. Hangover 2. Nutty Professor 2. 

The reason is that comedies are stories that are self-contained and if they are truly funny, they are lightening in a bottle. Sequels to those films end up being the bottle minus lightening. 

The curse of the comedy sequel is that people pressure the responsible parties for years and years to make one, yet when they do, they turn out somewhere between lukewarm and awful. So it's a self-defeating effort, because despite the demand for them, people can't forget about them soon enough once they've seen it.

Super Troopers is in my top five favorite comedies. It has such a great flavor to it. But, it was almost accidental that it became a sensation. It looks like the type of film that comes out in theaters on Thursday and is on DVD by Monday. It is my sincere hope that there's a reason for this film to exist. I can't wait to see Brian Cox and the boys again. I just don't want to have to forget it once I reach the parking lot.