Would continued touring have kept Axl and Slash together?

Fashionista

Let's say the UYI tour era ends in 7/93. Then around May '94 they do a club tour for TSI running from say May to July, than appear at Woodstock in August, break and then do say MTV Unplugged for New Year's 94/95; Then maybe do a small scale arena tour in '95 - Do you think continous live touring in the mid 90s, like Metallica did, may have prevented the breakup?

13 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Let's say the UYI tour era ends in 7/93. Then around May '94 they do a club tour for TSI running from say May to July, than appear at Woodstock in August, break and then do say MTV Unplugged for New Year's 94/95; Then maybe do a small scale arena tour in '95 - Do you think continous live touring in the mid 90s, like Metallica did, may have prevented the breakup?

It might have prevented the breakup but Slash and/or Duff may have ended up a vegetable or dead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

It might have prevented the breakup but Slash and/or Duff may have ended up a vegetable or dead.

Axl was feeling bad too.

When he was angry at Slash he said he shouldn't have gone on that tour at all.

Something liek Slash and Goldstein forced him to do it.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Axl was feeling bad too.

When he was angry at Slash he said he shouldn't have gone on that tour at all.

Something liek Slash and Goldstein forced him to do it.

Yes, I think it was Niven at the time who booked the tour though?

14 minutes ago, soon said:

Yes, I think it was Niven at the time who booked the tour though?

I don't remember exactly.... Thought it was Goldstein but I remember that Axl said, many years later, that he shouldn't have gone on the UYI tour since the beginning.

they didn't see eye to eye anymore. I think the opposite would maybe have helped: taking a break from guns, axl doing his solo album but axl probably thought guns could be the vehicle for his music. they didn't agree on a musical direction for the next album and didn't have izzy anymore. seems like axl wanted to go in a direction slash wasn't fully on board with. he probably didn't want to do techno ballads with axl not even being in the studio for the most part. only a long break could maybe have kept them together at least for another album if they could agree on a direction even after a break.

I get the feeling that now, slash and duff are way more open when it comes to a possible guns album. 

Edited by Rovim