"Wound up in a Vega" from West Arkeen's Outpatience is on youtube

ludurigan

Cool track! I dont think Ive ever heard it before. Thanks for posting!

The main guitar panned to either side both sound like they could be Izzy. Anyone know which he is? Even sounds like the same rig so maybe he plays both - they interweave with one another.

3 hours ago, soon said:

Cool track! I dont think Ive ever heard it before. Thanks for posting!

The main guitar panned to either side both sound like they could be Izzy. Anyone know which he is? Even sounds like the same rig so maybe he plays both - they interweave with one another.

you are welcome man

good question

i think there are several "dramatic" little licks/notes all over the song that are pure izzy, they are very similar to the ones he does on the jungle intro

• GNFNR 1

57 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Was West Arkeen's passing a big reason for lack of direction on getting a UYI follow-up done/keeping the band together in the 90s?

I think by the time he passed in 1997 his relationship with GNR was already strained. I seem to recall reading somewhere that in 1997 he had a fresh demo tape with a whole bunch of new songs that he wanted to give to GnR, but only if Axl and Slash would set aside their differences with one another.

• Like 1