1989: Debate on GnR in the Lafayette newspaper

On 01/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, DeadSlash said:

I miss the old days.  Respect to the people in the newspaper articles above though:

1. They had to write a letter.

2. They had to address the letter.

As a journalist at a country newspaper, I get a kick out of when letters come to the office. Sure beats those emails!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

About 3-4 years ago, I went to a Meetup.com event that was a a dinner. I had gotten into a conversation about music with a woman. I told her that GNR is my all-time favorite band. She actually said that was the devil's music. I was a bit taken aback by her comment since it is the 2010s and we live in Northern NJ. Not some small town in the Midwest. I guess some people still think that way. 

24 minutes ago, Draguns said:

About 3-4 years ago, I went to a Meetup.com event that was a a dinner. I had gotten into a conversation about music with a woman. I told her that GNR is my all-time favorite band. She actually said that was the devil's music. I was a bit taken aback by her comment since it is the 2010s and we live in Northern NJ. Not some small town in the Midwest. I guess some people still think that way. 

In general religious fundamentalists has this thought.

50 minutes ago, Draguns said:

And you ended up marrying her I assume. Just kidding. 

12 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Hey, is that Marvelous Marvin Hagler as your sig pic?  That fight he had with Hearnes was epic.

You should check out the rest of his career, of the seven or so years he was the best middleweight in the world/world champ the guy had some hard defences, Vito Antefurmo, Mustapha Hamsho, John Mugabhe (that last one you should check out if you like toe to toe action), you get value for money out of Marv's career. 

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You should check out the rest of his career, of the seven or so years he was the best middleweight in the world/world champ the guy had some hard defences, Vito Antefurmo, Mustapha Hamsho, John Mugabhe (that last one you should check out if you like toe to toe action), you get value for money out of Marv's career. 

Oh, no doubt about his career, he was a beast.