Mass Shooting at Walmart in El Paso

BlueJean Baby

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

He’s a surgeon.  Which is probably one of the hardest medical degrees to get anywhere.  Probably more difficult to get than your degree there, slick.

I knew he is, I turned the question around to show how silly it is. When a fetus develops to a state where it is deserving of legal protection, or is a "human being", is a philosophical question and our credentials are pretty much irrelevant.

That being said, if you think that biological development is of relevance, like maturation of nerve system, then at least science can answer such questions. But in the end it is philosophical. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soon said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Youve assumed that if I posted it then you have to disagree with it. I simply provided facts and figures about gun violence in Brazil. This actually is aligned with your earlier points :facepalm::lol::lol:

Yes of course he promotes violence. I only spoke to his loosening of gun laws though... so... :question:

Okay... Im glad that you found this fact more interesting then the other facts :question::question:

Bolsonaro is an terrible fascist.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I suppose people of knowledge and wisdom tend to be socially progressive :)

😂😂😂😂😂 omg 😂😂😂😂

“ people of knowledge and wisdom”  a bunch of commies teaching gender studies and development biology watching the students sink trillions of dollars into a debt they can never payback, all the while, claiming victory  as the students get dumber and dumber. 

Yeah well done, claim your trophy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Download said:

😂😂😂😂😂 omg 😂😂😂😂

“ people of knowledge and wisdom”  a bunch of commies teaching gender studies and development biology watching the students sink trillions of dollars into a debt they can never payback, all the while, claiming victory  as the students get dumber and dumber. 

Yeah well done, claim your trophy. 

What? In my country higher education is free. You just need to pay for accommodation and text books. 

As for your claim that people get dumber from learning stuff: Hilarious! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What? In my country higher education is free. You just need to pay for accommodation and text books. 

As for your claim that people get dumber from learning stuff: Hilarious! 

Oh... oh.... it’s free... 

Free? 

You’re a lefty, of course you think it’s free and here we go again. 

Does paying taxes mean it’s free? So if you rob Peter to pay Paul does that mean it’s free? 

Lefty Math... 

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, he is the fascist who is reducing the govt size:lol:

You probably don't even know what fascism is.

Be fascist isn't reduce just an reducing the governement size, be fascist io involve much more. He remember an Germanic leader in years 30's....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Download said:

Free? 

Does paying taxes mean it’s free? So if you rob Peter to pay Paul does that mean it’s free? 

Lefty Math... 

He’s used to paying 57% tax so makes little difference to him. :lol:

• Haha 1

“You wanted the best? Well they didn’t fuckin make it, so here’s what you get, from hollywood, Fluffy Pillows N’ Roses”... 

*Fingersnaps* 

“You know where you are? You’re in a Utopia, baby! Sleep in if you want! We’re all the same!”

*Fingersnaps*

49 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Be fascist isn't reduce just an reducing the governement size, be fascist io involve much more. He remember an Germanic leader in years 30's....

This is what fascism means, as said by Mussolini himself.

All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Studies? We are talking about homicide gun rates, and they have been posted earlier in this thread. On the phone and can't find them again, but just scroll backwards, it was a Wikipedia page. 

Really? You looking at wikipedia numbers and calling it a day? That's a transversal study, one of the weakest evidences available.

Here's a study from harvard proposing that higher gun ownership equals to less guns crimes:

https://www.templateroller.com/template/1861507/would-banning-firearms-reduce-murder-and-suicide-a-review-of-international-evidence-don-b-kates-gary-mauser.html#docpage-20

It is not that strong and features some biases.

And here's one proposing the opposite:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/

It has some biases and limitations as well (narrow and outdated time period, for example) and it could not determine a causation, thus making it impossible to exclude reverse causation (people who live in higher crime areas buying more guns to defend themselves).

I could also make a regressional study of Brazil ( I could even call it a cohort of sorts since I lived thru it).

I looked at the numbers and after the gun control laws of 2005, our gun crime rates skyrocketed, it must be because gun laws cause more gin deaths, right? I will just ignore other factors. That's how dumb you sound by claiming you've determined causation by looking at numbers on wikipedia.

Also the media does not help at all by misinterpreting data, which is why there's still people who believe tomatoes and lycopene will prevent prostate cancer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Obviously I disagree :)

Who are you? 

I have taught developmental biology at university :lol:

Obviously you have no experience on the field.

Please enlighten me why a 20 week premature canadian baby was considered human enough to live and a third trimester fetus can be considered non-human? Because the parents didn't want the responsibility? What about post birth "abortion" that liberals are pushing, neural development don't mean much in these cases, right?

I was asking what gives you the moral ground to tell what is a human and what is an "undesirable growth"?

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

We got some stupid motherfuckers in this thread lmao.

@SoulMonster you have the patience of a saint.

You, for example.

Sm still calls living human fetuses "undesirable growths". That's a saint for sure.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Download said:

Free? 

Lefty Math... 

Of course taxes go to our educational system. 

Applying your kind of logic, nothing is free, which renders the term pointless.

When I say it is "free" it means it is being subsidised over tax money with the objective that anyone, rich and poor, can seek higher education without having to pay for it, compared to countries where you have to pay for it directly resulting in the situation where some can afford it and others can't. We believe that it is important that every citizen has the same opportunity in regards to education, so as to not end up in a situation where we limit the opportunities of the poor versus the rich. Personally, I feel that would be undemocratic. 

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

He’s used to paying 57% tax so makes little difference to him. :lol:

I think I pay less. 

Anyone, obsession over tax levels is immature, what matters is what is left in your pocket aftee taxes, when you have free education, free health care, pension, etc etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, soon said:

My favourite part is when someone called Dr Soulie a "lefty" because now Im picturing him in a Cuban military hat and a Palestinian scarf, standing with a raised fist and a copy of Gramcis' prison writings. :lol:

As long as you envision him as a red-headed ginger wearing all of that, you’re good to go.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You think I'm stupid? That's cute lol.

Are you religious by any chance?

A fetus that is to be aborted is by definition literally an undesirable growth, whether you agree or not. I don't think anyone's arguing for late term abortion or going around constantly getting abortions as a form of contraception; an utterly moronic notion considering it would be, if for no other reason, impractical and dangerous for the mother.

No, I'm not religious. Never went to a church to pray in my entire life.

No, it is not. Where did you get that definition? 

Ok, so you are against late term abortion? When is it ok to abort then?

34 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I looked at the numbers and after the gun control laws of 2005, our gun crime rates skyrocketed, it must be because gun laws cause more gin deaths, right?

Except that they didn't. At first they dropped, but then they increased. So obviously Brazil has got some problems :lol: