Hiv sports star

BrayWyatt

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, BrayWyatt said:

The Sun were reporting it last night. 

The Sun has no credibility what so ever, but even if true it's not a death sentence in 2019.

On 04/08/2019 at 8:25 PM, Chris1989 said:

It's a pretty well controlled condition now, to the point I think they've successfully blocked transmission using the latest drugs.

As for this story, bullshit. Every year the sun say that a gay footballer is going to come out. Never happens.

10 days left to announce 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Swear I read recently they said on Twitter they had bottled it.

A Premier League football is going to announce they're transgender in the next three weeks. 

I'll be back in two weeks to say they've lost the courage to admit it.

Rinse and repeat.

Football is actually a really good barometer of where we're at socially speaking.  For example, LGBT rights and that, grown by leaps and bounds yeah?  We're all tolerant people...wheres your gay football players?  Deep in the fuckin' closet is where, we're nowhere near as tolerant as we like to make out.  Football is pretty much the preserve of like...lads lads and the sad truth is being a noofter in todays society is still considered pretty urgh amongst lads. 

Same goes for most sports when you think about it, where's your bent cricketers and rugby players and that?  Boxing too.  I remember there was this bender a couple of years back who fought for a world title, I think it was against...oh whatshisface now?  Terry something?  My memory is...Flanagan, there you go.  Anyway, he fought this gay Puerto Rican bloke and some of the responses from the boxing community were proper dark, Peter Fury being a notable one, he said something like 'this is what happens when a man fights, a proper man, not half of something else' in response to the fact that the gay bloke loss.  Frankie Gavin was on twitter also going 'no offence but if i lost to a gay bloke my mates would banter me to death forever'. 

• Like 1

In football there's still very much a macho culture and it won't be easy for a homosexual to come out of the closet, but the reality of the situation is also that you won't find many football players who are gay. They say one in ten people are gay or something like that, but that's not how it is in most sports, especially in football.

That being said, homophobia is getting worse. Nowadays homosexuals can't even walk hand in hand through a once very liberal city like Amsterdam without the risk of getting beaten up, it wasn't like that years ago.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

In football there's still very much a macho culture and it won't be easy for a homosexual to come out of the closet, but the reality of the situation is also that you won't find many football players who are gay. They say one in ten people are gay or something like that, but that's not how it is in most sports, especially in football.

That being said, homophobia is getting worse. Nowadays homosexuals can't even walk hand in hand through a once very liberal city like Amsterdam without the risk of getting beaten up, it wasn't like that years ago.

That’s sad to hear that things have regressed for gays in public spaces. Hope those who can are bashing back.

To a North American sensibility most European footballers look gay, though. :lol:

our local hate groups wear MAGA hats :facepalm::lol: and usually travel to US to commit violence with the larger mobs. I think a queer soccer player from our SC would actually become a media darling. 

@Len Cnut I think your post is bang on. I love that aspect of sport - the social barometer in this case. All that interests me as much as the skill.

19 minutes ago, soon said:

That’s sad to hear that things have regressed for gays in public spaces. Hope those who can are bashing back.

To a North American sensibility most European footballers look gay, though. :lol:

our local hate groups wear MAGA hats :facepalm::lol: and usually travel to US to commit violence with the larger mobs. I think a queer soccer player from our SC would actually become a media darling. 

@Len Cnut I think your post is bang on. I love that aspect of sport - the social barometer in this case. All that interests me as much as the skill.

In men's football there aren't a lot of homosexuals, therefore it's even harder to come out. If every football team had at least three gays, then it wouldn't be such a big deal. There's this popular football analyst who talked about this subject the other day on TV here, and he rephrased it very poorly by saying that most kids here start playing football at age 6 and by age 12 all the ones who are gay have already quit and are working at the hair salon. He got a lot of criticism for saying that, but he had a point... not so much about the hair salons, but there simply aren't a lot of gay football players around. There are some of course, but not a lot.

Although there is one very successful one:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ronaldo

27 minutes ago, EvanG said:

In men's football there aren't a lot of homosexuals, therefore it's even harder to come out. If every football team had at least three gays, then it wouldn't be such a big deal. There's this popular football analyst who talked about this subject the other day on TV here, and he rephrased it very poorly by saying that most kids here start playing football at age 6 and by age 12 all the ones who are gay have already quit and are working at the hair salon. He got a lot of criticism for saying that, but he had a point... not so much about the hair salons, but there simply aren't a lot of gay football players around. There are some of course, but not a lot.

Although there is one very successful one:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ronaldo

Yes, I’m sure that Adonis can do no wrong!

its really making me angry to think that kids bail from sports they love because of a homophobic culture. Now that you mention it I heard something similar on the radio recently - in this case he’d dropped out as a kid and then recently started coaching. And now some parents fear he’s a predator (that dinosaur idea that gay and pedo is synonymous). :facepalm:

i once squared off against a queer and trans soccer team. We beat them handily, and I guess that’s likely because they’d been outcast from training as kids. What a sad world.

47 minutes ago, soon said:

its really making me angry to think that kids bail from sports they love because of a homophobic culture.

I think that's part of it, but I also think a lot of gay guys don't have an affinity with football. I don't want to fall into stereotypes and make generalisations, but that's one of the reasons why there aren't a lot of them. There are always exceptions but if you'd ask 50 gay guys if they enjoy watching/playing football a lot more guys will answer ''no'' than if you'd ask 50 straight guys the same question. This is maybe a stereotype, but sometimes there's some truth behind a stereotype.

Edited by EvanG

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think that's part of it, but I also think a lot of gay guys don't have an affinity with football. I don't want to fall into stereotypes and make generalisations, but that's one of the reasons why there aren't a lot of them. There are always exceptions but if you'd ask 50 gay guys if they enjoy watching/playing football a lot more guys will answer ''no'' than if you'd ask 50 straight guys the same question. This is maybe a terrible stereotype to make, but sometimes there's some truth behind a stereotype.

I mean, you could ask 50 WWF fans if they're drawn to the homoerotic pageantry of it all and most fans would also say "no." :lol:

I guess we find ourselves in a 'chicken or the egg' conversation? I can concede that there is room to find truth in stereotypes. Heres one for instance - White lesbians play soft ball and black ones play basketball. Theres likely a lot of moving pieces that influences the young mind including the imposition of stereotypes and the alienation of homophobia? 

I live pretty much in the gay village and can share that at least one of the gay bars will play major sporting events on there tv's. Theyre usually packed for major sport events. Both because there are gay sports fans and athletes and also since sports bars during things like the Super Bowl are one of the most dangerous places for a gay to be. 

Lillee and Thommo, Merv Hughes, Botham, Flintoff, Stokes - cricket is the sport of manliness: hairy arsed beer slugging macho men's men. Keith Miller used to fly Mosquitos over Nazi Europe for crying out loud. Football is the sport of girly hair-gelled boy girls rolling around on the floor in agony, case in point Christiano Ronaldo. It used to be manly but lost its bollocks at sometime in the '90s. The Americans understand its position in the world currently: a female's game.