Which GNR Member(Past or Present) Never Had the True Heart for Rock N Roll?

ChristmasFnatic

That's a question for someone where music comes easy to them but took their talent for granted and always wanted to do other things because music bored them. That rarely ever happens, but it does happen.I don't think any of them had a plan B career, sometimes they're forced to create a Plan B if they're losing money at what they do, esp. if they have a family to support. But that's survivalism kicking in.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Buckethead

Robin Finch

Tommy Stinson

Bumblefoot

Dizzy Reed

Chris Pitman

Brain

Frank Ferrer

I probably forgot some.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest RonMexico82

Bumble, Bucket, Finck, Brain don't seem to be interested in straight rock n roll. Tommy wasn't even a fan of GNR when he joined (wtf like). At least Fortus and Ashba seem to like the music. Pitman I have no idea.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Bumble, Bucket, Finck, Brain don't seem to be interested in straight rock n roll. Tommy wasn't even a fan of GNR when he joined (wtf like). At least Fortus and Ashba seem to like the music. Pitman I have no idea.

This is pretty much my opinion. I also think all of the people I listed joined for the money and for the boost it would have on their career.

Hmmmm, obvious cupcake thread. But I'll take the bait.

Duff has always been more of a punk rocker, and so is Tommy.

Buckethead doesn't really play rock at all, and his from another world image doesn't fit rock either.

Chris doesn't seem like a typical rock and roll guy at all. I mean look at what he does!

And Axl.... look at how broad his influences and interests are.

The purest rock and roll souls in the band were probably Izzy, Slash and Steven. In the classical sense of rock and roll anyway.

But the fact of the matter is none of that really matters. I don't give a crap what box we try to fit members in. As long as the sum of the parts can create good music it's all fine.

I think Buckethead cared a lot more about GNR than people give him credit for. According to people who were around (although I can't exactly remember who that was) he got really interested in GNR when he joined, bought bootlegs off Ebay. He's generally got a lot of integrity, does it for the art as they say, hasn't put much effort into marketing himself. And he wouldn't have been genuinely hurt by the split he had with the band (which is quite obvious given how he thinks of that part of his life today) if he hadn't truly cared. My view is that he truly thought he could work with Axl and the other guys to create something great. Musically, he's across the board and there are plenty of songs in his solo catalogue that are either straight up blues or rock'n'roll or heavily influenced by blues and rock'n'roll.