A rumor I found

AxlRose14

http://www.chinesedemocracyforum.com/index.php?topic=2517.0

Rumor:

Universal did not want to release Chinese Democracy due to the high expectations of the Guns N' Roses album. Former Guns N' Roses Manager Azoff convinced them to release the album with tracks that have already been leaked with some weaker songs. Azoff also promised that for the release of the next album, that he would have Slash and Duff back in the band. Slash would rework all of Robin Fincks parts and Duff would add some filler parts in. The following album was to have a new name instead of Chinese Democracy II. Several names had been tossed around: "Guns N' Roses", "Reloaded", "Black-Out". Universal felt that the tracks for the follow up album would make a very strong rock record.

In the USA, both Wal-Mart and Best Buy were competing for having exclusive rights to sell the album because of it's novelty. When Wal-Mart representatives heard the tracks, they knew it was not going to sell because it was an average album and pulled out. Best Buy had been used as leverage multiple times against Wal-Mart for exclusive album deals. Best Buy was so hungry to get an big exclusive deal that they jumped at the chance even though it broke them for their Holiday advertising and had nothing to promote the album with. Universal and Azoff won big on the deal.

Azoff told Finck that he was fired, leaving Axl short a guitarist. Axl had no clue that this happened. Azoff tried to convince Axl that it made good business sense to bring in Slash. It would have helped album sales. Then Azoff told Axl that he was working on a Mega Tour with Van Halen and to make things work They wanted Slash in Guns N' Roses. Axl said he might be open to it, if the tour can be worked out. The tour never materialized, Axl went on a search for another guitarist. Azoff and Universal were not happy with it. Axl along with other management brought in Ashba and set new tour dates with the intention of releasing Chinese Democracy II in the near future.

I just found this on newgnr. No clue if this is 100 percent true, but it does make a lot of sense when you think about it. We did hear a lot of reunion rumors pick up last year, not to mention we're really not 100 percent sure to this day what really happened with Finck. Hope no ones sick of Azoff yet because we're obviously going to be hearing more from that camp regardless. I wonder what this could mean for the next album...hmmm :question: What do you guys think?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has enough credible info to make it possible. But an important part is missing from the story. It reads like Azoff was pulling some stunts without Axl's knowledge. But what was the action that made Axl make the cancer statement about Slash?

I agree, verifiable source or no go.

Otherwise, someone just took lines from reports and lawsuits from the past year and made up a story.

Edited by Orsys

Why has no one ever asked finck about how things went down with his departure.It would definitely shed some light on all of this stuff. If this is true I wonder if slash had any clue that all of this was going on

What makes this bullshit from the start is the part where Axl was "going along with it" in reference to Slash. At that point, I was like.... :rofl-lol:

Really?

That's the part that makes me kinda believe it.

I think Axl is more up for a reunion than he wants us to believe.

What makes this bullshit from the start is the part where Axl was "going along with it" in reference to Slash. At that point, I was like.... :rofl-lol:

Really?

That's the part that makes me kinda believe it.

I think Axl is more up for a reunion than he wants us to believe.

Oh I WANT to believe that, but come on. Slash is always a phone call away. The moment Axl wants a reunion, it happens...period.

Probably the least-credible thing I've ever read.

yea then you explain why we haven't seen the video for better? you explain why robin and brain left? You explain why all these things axl promised, videos, touring, press, MONUMENTAL PROMOTION, etc. all went out the window..

The fact that some of you actually buy that axl wanted this record to fail, is sad. It just can't be true, somebody on this label was involved. They had to be...Axl said it was like a nightmare that the record took as long as it did...draining I believe was the word, he said this in '06. He all of a sudden one day said to himself "hey, why don't I sabotage my own band, label, and lets really piss off my fans" gimme a break..

I'm not saying there's credibility with this article, but there has to be some truth to it. There's just no reason to make fans wait 15 years for a record, then a whole year to tour off of its release. No videos, no promotion.

And this is the "news and discussion" thread isnt it...

Edited by AxlRose14

Has enough credible info to make it possible. But an important part is missing from the story. It reads like Azoff was pulling some stunts without Axl's knowledge. But what was the action that made Axl make the cancer statement about Slash?

I agree, verifiable source or no go.

Otherwise, someone just took lines from reports and lawsuits from the past year and made up a story.

may be axl thought that slash was a part of azoffs plot to put the band back together and ruin the new one. (THIS IS JUST OUT OF THE BLUE GUESSING!!) that would be a very good reason to call someone a cancer, better to be avoided. and it would make sense to the "the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better" part of his interview. (supporters=azoff?) :shrugs:

but alot of that story doesen't make any sense. if azoff fired finck to convince axl to get slash back in the band, why didn't he fire tommy too, so that he would need a bassist and a guitarist and go to the people he already know (duff&slash). :violin:

very questionable story..

Edited by henfjel

Guest Nasty Nate

yea then you explain why we haven't seen the video for better? you explain why robin and brain left? You explain why all these things axl promised, videos, touring, press, MONUMENTAL PROMOTION, etc. all went out the window..

I think it's simply because Axl doesn't have enough confidence in his material to promote it, and if this rumor is true, Universal doesn't want to promote it either to blackmail Mr. Rose into a reunion.

That's my take.

I think it's simply because Axl doesn't have enough confidence in his material to promote it, and if this rumor is true, Universal doesn't want to promote it either to blackmail Mr. Rose into a reunion.

That's my take.

you don't really think that do you? then why is he on a world tour now, and not making a new album? :xmasschef:

BTW, THIS IS MY 500'th POST :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta:

Edited by henfjel

Guest Nasty Nate

That's my take.

you don't really believe that do you? :xmasschef:

I don't see why it couldn't be a possibility.

That's my take.

you don't really believe that do you? :xmasschef:

I don't see why it couldn't be a possibility.

it can, i'm not saying that it can't, but why would he then be on world tour, promoting the album right now and not making a new and better record?