Vincent Vega

Its an excellent album.. Quick off topic mention; what does any Rush fans make of the latest album?? I REALLY like it! ^_^ Bravest Face is just :heart: They're deffinately not losing anything with age :lol:

I saw 'em on every UK date of the 30th Anniversary Tour; sad?? Do I care? :lol: Was amazing ^_^

xDSGx

S & A is a fucking great album. my favorites are far cry, mal nar, and armor and sword.

saw them june 27th, was amazing! and DSG, theyre coming to britain really soon.

on topic, 2112 is great.

Its an excellent album.. Quick off topic mention; what does any Rush fans make of the latest album?? I REALLY like it! ^_^ Bravest Face is just :heart: They're deffinately not losing anything with age :lol:

I saw 'em on every UK date of the 30th Anniversary Tour; sad?? Do I care? :lol: Was amazing ^_^

xDSGx

S & A is a fucking great album. my favorites are far cry, mal nar, and armor and sword.

on topic, 2112 is great.

haven't heard it yet, but hope do pick it up soon...

2112....love it!

Love the live version on All the World's A Stage as well!

Someone mentioned Bangkok...they are doing that live on this tour,it was a definite highlight when I saw them last Wednseday!

I'm going to see them again tomorrow night on their home turf in Toronto for a sold out show!

xDSGx

on topic, 2112 is great.

I know :heart: Got my tickets ^_^

..or I should say someone else has buoght me them; can't wait! I love them live, so much more intense than album versions.

xDSGx

xDSGx

on topic, 2112 is great.

I know :heart: Got my tickets ^_^

..or I should say someone else has buoght me them; can't wait! I love them live, so much more intense than album versions.

xDSGx

im not really one to say it, seeing as i didnt go to R30, but apparently this tour is shitloads better.

im not really one to say it, seeing as i didnt go to R30, but apparently this tour is shitloads better.

Really??

It's the exact opposite for me.

The R30 tour had a much wider range of material.They dug into the well far deeper and pulled out some amazing tunes from the 70's era.

R30 was massively cool.

This tour is really good,but the show I saw last week didn't have the same energy level.

It seemed to be a bit more of...uh....one of their yuppie-era tours. (if you know what I mean by that)

It struck me as rather "paced".

My friends said the same thing as I did afterward,the Snakes and Arrows material was boring live (with the exception being Far Cry).

Neil's solo on this tour is superb!!!

But all in all....I enjoyed R30 tons more!

2112 is amazing, and so is Snakes & Arrows for that matter.

Rush have always been able to pull off 2112 flawlessly live, whether it's on All The World's A Stage or Different Stages. They do play a bit of 80s material on the new tour, but since I love 80s Rush, I'm fine with it. The intro to Subdivisions shook the whole arena, sheesh. I'm just in love with 80s Rush, and they played some of my favourite 80s songs during the show I went to. Songs like Witch Hunt, Digital Man, Subdivisions, Between the Wheels, etc. Completely underrated Rush songs, IMO.

2112 is amazing, and so is Snakes & Arrows for that matter.

Rush have always been able to pull off 2112 flawlessly live, whether it's on All The World's A Stage or Different Stages. They do play a bit of 80s material on the new tour, but since I love 80s Rush, I'm fine with it. The intro to Subdivisions shook the whole arena, sheesh. I'm just in love with 80s Rush, and they played some of my favourite 80s songs during the show I went to. Songs like Witch Hunt, Digital Man, Subdivisions, Between the Wheels, etc. Completely underrated Rush songs, IMO.

I was at the London show too.

And I'm going again tomorrow.

This tour is good...quite good.....but R30 blew it out of the water IMO

Really cool album, but I always found the whole story to be odd and kinda dorky to be honest. Its just like.... are you guys fucking serious? meh...

But with that said I love it, and Rush put on one of the best shows Ive ever seen this summer despite the setlist being mostly Snakes and Arrows. Cant blame em though, that album rocks and theres no way they'd be able to play all of their classics in one night, there are so many! The could have done Working Man though, that was definetly missed... :(

Edited by sweetness

Really??

The R30 tour had a much wider range of material.They dug into the well far deeper and pulled out some amazing tunes from the 70's era.

R30 was massively cool.

This tour is really good,but the show I saw last week didn't have the same energy level.

It seemed to be a bit more of...uh....one of their yuppie-era tours. (if you know what I mean by that)

My friends said the same thing as I did afterward,the Snakes and Arrows material was boring live (with the exception being Far Cry).

They've not played the UK yet on this tour but I've been told that compared to the R30 tour they're not playing for nearly as long or as many of they're classic tracks from the 70's. Not that I mind too much as I do love the new album, but a few of the older tracks thrown in there for god measure would still be nice! :lol:

Not sure how true it is that they're playing for a shorter time; anyone vouch for that?

Really??

R30 was massively cool.

They've not played the UK yet on this tour but I've been told that compared to the R30 tour they're not playing for nearly as long or as many of they're classic tracks from the 70's. Not that I mind too much as I do love the new album, but a few of the older tracks thrown in there for god measure would still be nice! :lol:

Not sure how true it is that they're playing for a shorter time; anyone vouch for that?

coudlnt tell you, but at my show they walked on at 7:45 and left the stage at about 11.... (thats including intermission)

and zint, to each his own i guess.

i saw rush sept 7 in milwaukee we were treated to close to 3 hours of pure musical excellence!! I could only summize as satisfaction from a performance well done,

Set 1: Entre Nous, Freewill ,Secret Touch, Circumstances, & the Larger Bowl

Set 2: I have absolutely no doubt that the material from Snakes & Arrows not only delivers on CD, but live it is taken to a whole higher level. It was powerful, moving, and beautifully magic. Armor & Sword was a higlight. Neil really excels on this album. Natural Science, Witch Hunt, & Malnar - what a consecutive trio that was. Neil's solo - what else can you say, but holy you know what. From my vantage point dead center in row 25, it is funny to see how everyone's cell phone cameras were lit up capturing the moments!! The Spirit of Radio was intense. The trio of encores was as lound and thunderous as I have ever heard. Alex & Geddy were all over the stage playing to opposite ends of the venue.

Great show, great crowd, great visuals, great weather, . I'll never get tired of this. Thank you Alex, Geddy, Neil, and the entire crew for special memories. As long as the fire still burns, please keep recording & touring.

i saw rush sept 7 in milwaukee we were treated to close to 3 hours of pure musical excellence!! I could only summize as satisfaction from a performance well done,

Set 2: I have absolutely no doubt that the material from Snakes & Arrows not only delivers on CD, but live it is taken to a whole higher level. It was powerful, moving, and beautifully magic. Armor & Sword was a higlight. Neil really excels on this album. Natural Science, Witch Hunt, & Malnar - what a consecutive trio that was. Neil's solo - what else can you say, but holy you know what. From my vantage point dead center in row 25, it is funny to see how everyone's cell phone cameras were lit up capturing the moments!! The Spirit of Radio was intense. The trio of encores was as lound and thunderous as I have ever heard. Alex & Geddy were all over the stage playing to opposite ends of the venue.

Great show, great crowd, great visuals, great weather, . I'll never get tired of this. Thank you Alex, Geddy, Neil, and the entire crew for special memories. As long as the fire still burns, please keep recording & touring.

That's actually a really good review man!

I'm going to keep that perspective in mind when I go see them in Toronto tonight!

cheers!

That's actually a really good review man!

I'm going to keep that perspective in mind when I go see them in Toronto tonight!

cheers!

you will not be disappointed thats for sure enjoy hope you got good seats but there are alot of big screens if i remeber right 5 of them

I found that The Main Monkey Business was one of the greatest songs of the night because it sounded so fresh live.