What are some Led Zeppelin/Rush style bands?

SylvesterStallone

I remember the thread your referencing Sly, but for the life of me I forget the name of the band. I believe it was moreblack who posted it, maybe he can help.

I don't think it was, or at least I don't remember...

So what were the bands that did epic length songs with multiple instruments well?

I'm trying to think who fits the bill

maybe Dream Theatre?

I recall reading a post recently where someone scoffed at bach's comparison of Axl to zeppelin. Artists were doing UYI style music long before those albums came out.

So what were the bands that did epic length songs with multiple instruments well?

Pink Floyd

ELO

Genesis

Queen

Grateful Dead

ELP

BST

Edited by LEARNING PROCESS

Coheed and Cambria

You have gotta be kidding.

Actually, I don't no why the original poster is saying that Zeppelin and Rush are a single style of band. They're vastly different. For one band, half the time it's the sex that sells, for the other, they're just always nerds. Not that that's wrong, they're cool.

I remember the thread your referencing Sly, but for the life of me I forget the name of the band. I believe it was moreblack who posted it, maybe he can help.

I don't think it was, or at least I don't remember...

I'm trying to think who fits the bill

maybe Dream Theatre?

Yeah, i'd say Dream Theater is a heavier version of Rush.

Dream Theater are the best band ever

John doesn't half ass his solos one bit they seem improvised enough to be original but no shit, yet planed at out but not enough to be dull

None of you fanboys (rather is be Slash, Buckethead, or some cheesy glam wash up can argue with that)

John Petrucci is the best guitarist ever, in the best band ever

FACT

Dream Theater are the best band ever

John doesn't half ass his solos one bit they seem improvised enough to be original but no shit, yet planed at out but not enough to be dull

None of you fanboys (rather is be Slash, Buckethead, or some cheesy glam wash up can argue with that)

John Petrucci is the best guitarist ever, in the best band ever

FACT

but not really fact.