Oh isnt it fashionable to be a Led Zeppelin fan these days?

ffrankwhite

Aren't most legendary band "fashionable"? I mean (some)people wear the rolling stones, the who, bob marley, ect. t-shirts and not even knowing these are bands or even hearing more then 2 songs, just to give themselves the "rocker" image. Or go to a stone concert to pick up chicks or to say they've seen them...kinda like vistiting new york or cali...it means nothing you just go to sight see and say you've been there... Its pretty pathedic if you ask me.

I for one never buy t shirts for bands like that(even though I love many of the "legendary" band) because of these people. I'd rather spend my money on bands most people haven't heard of that I love...it give me a certain sense of induvidiality...

JMO

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wear band shirts or any other shirts that I have whether it be from Jack Daniels, to one of Ricky From The Trailer Park boys smoking because I think it's "cool" I do it because I enjoy these things and it's a form of me showing my love for it.

So I don't wear a Sex Pistols shirt or a Zeppelin shirt to look cool I do it because I love what they've done for music and what the music has done to me as a person.

so...if you're generation has nothing to offer,why should anyone step aside for the young blood?

How very conservative of you.

How very smug of you.

Frank was the one that put forth the notion that his generation has nothing to offer in terms of quality music,a movement worth following or credible pop culture.So why should Zeppelin (or any other band that's earned their stripes) step aside and make way...if there's nothing to make way for?

so...if you're generation has nothing to offer,why should anyone step aside for the young blood?

How very conservative of you.

How very smug of you.

Frank was the one that put forth the notion that his generation has nothing to offer in terms of quality music,a movement worth following or credible pop culture.So why should Zeppelin (or any other band that's earned their stripes) step aside and make way...if there's nothing to make way for?

I misread it then, so apologies to you.

I reject what he says though.

I keep interrogating people I think might not be really Zep fans... It annoys me intensly when people pretend to like bands coz its cool.

I have a friend who does it all the time; she gets dates with guys by telling them she likes the music I likes and spends the whole time they talk about music texting me so she doesn't look like a twat :lol:

xDSGx

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I keep interrogating people I think might not be really Zep fans... It annoys me intensly when people pretend to like bands coz its cool.

I have a friend who does it all the time; she gets dates with guys by telling them she likes the music I likes and spends the whole time they talk about music texting me so she doesn't look like a twat :lol:

xDSGx

Are your friend a retard? :lol:

:unsure:

xDSGx

see that i dont mind :lol: more power to her. everybody does it really. its like chris rock says, when you're meeting someone for the first time, you aint meeting them, you're meeting their "representative" :lol: if its getting her laid then hey, why not? shit, i'd fake an interest in Quantum Physics if i thought by the end of the night i'd get my wick dipped ;)

I don't think I've ever heard a single led zeppelin song in my whole life.....

Good. Keep it that way.

Coming from the guy with the Velvet Underground sig.

Well obviously. :huh:

It's not the fucking Spice Girls is it?

What I'm trying to say is you can't really say Zeppelin are shit, when VU have to be one of the most over-rated bands I've heard. Every VU fan I've met has been a pretentious eejit.

Good. Keep it that way.

What I'm trying to say is you can't really say Zeppelin are shit, when VU have to be one of the most over-rated bands I've heard. Every VU fan I've met has been a pretentious eejit.

but...you told me you loved me :rofl-lol:

:unsure:

Good. Keep it that way.

Led Zeppelin are more over rated then the VU. I've met people who havent even heard of them. How are they over rated? Are they on magazine covers ever 5 minutes? Are they always on the TV? Do you hear their songs on the radio? I have NEVER heard a Velvets song on the radio, nor have I seen them on TV. This year marked the 40th anniversary of their debut, were they spashed all over the magazines to mark their anniversary? No, they weren't.

What song have you heard by them anyway?!?!

Good. Keep it that way.

Led Zeppelin are more over rated then the VU. I've met people who havent even heard of them. How are they over rated? Are they on magazine covers ever 5 minutes? Are they always on the TV? Do you hear their songs on the radio? I have NEVER heard a Velvets song on the radio, nor have I seen them on TV. This year marked the 40th anniversary of their debut, were they spashed all over the magazines to mark their anniversary? No, they weren't.

What song have you heard by them anyway?!?!

Their self-titled album. The critically acclaimed one, which always makes the greatest albums lists. Apart from Heroin, nothing really stands out to me on that album. Zepp had variety, they didn't release one bad album, they deserve all the credit they've been getting. The thing with VU, is musically they were never going to be the type of band who'd be on Top Of The Pops or anything. They were just the band that all the artsy types listened to with the belief that liking that band gives you a better music taste, just because they aren't that mainstream. I hear everybody saying they were one of the most influential bands, and were completely original. Fair enough, they might've been original, but it just seems very stuck up. Musically, to me, theres not much there to get excited about in their songs.