Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you guys think of Mulholland Drive?

First, I think my life is complete now that I've see Naomi Watts masturbating.

But besides that, that's an amazing film. I just didn't get what the fuck is with the homeless guy?

still wanna get the fuckin erotica or whatever but i cant fuckin find it. any other reccomendations?? something a little weird and out there and non-linear if you could? thank you :)

Exotica is available on torrent sites. Still my favourite movie ever. :heart:

I recommend Bad Timing by Nicolas Roeg, who is fucking OUT THERE, man. Very briefly, it can described as a terrifying love story. You can cherish that in all its non-linear glory. Great soundtrack to boot.

If you haven't already seen it, The Man Who Fell to Earth is an even weirder Roeg trip. It's the one with David Bowie. Interesting stuff, to say the least.

I'll add Walkabout and Insignificance to the Roeg recommentation list. Especially Walkabout, which is just utterly stunning.

3:10 to Yuma was amazing tho!

you dont replace Van Heflin..

:lol: Sure you can. Neither version is particularly great, but IMO the 07 one is better.

Yuma is the first western I've seen in years that I liked.

still wanna get the fuckin erotica or whatever but i cant fuckin find it. any other reccomendations?? something a little weird and out there and non-linear if you could? thank you :)

I recommend Bad Timing by Nicolas Roeg, who is fucking OUT THERE, man. Very briefly, it can described as a terrifying love story. You can cherish that in all its non-linear glory. Great soundtrack to boot.

If you haven't already seen it, The Man Who Fell to Earth is an even weirder Roeg trip. It's the one with David Bowie. Interesting stuff, to say the least.

I'll add Walkabout and Insignificance to the Roeg recommentation list. Especially Walkabout, which is just utterly stunning.

Bad Timing is good as well.

Anyone seen Sirens?

Watched "There Will Be Blood", starring Daniel Day Lewis earlier today.

Interesting movie, with a weird ending.....infact, one of the weirdest endings I have seen in awhile.

It is almost if the movie doesn't end.

Hancock was pretty funny. And as usual, I eat up everything Will Smith does, I really like him :lol:. It got riciculous from the halfway part with the whole thing with Charlize Theron though, that spoiled it a bit. They should have just kept it going with Will saving the world by himself or something regular like that.

Worth seeing though ^_^.

Does anyone know if Mongol is any good?

Wow, you're absolutely right. I just watched Walkabout and it's really something special. It left me feeling quite sad, actually, but in a thought-provoking way. I'm sure it'll stay with me for a while...

How do you rate Insignificance? The situation between the iconic characters seems intriguing. I'm waiting on the Criterion release, which is said to be around the corner.

Crash is a ridiculously good movie that not many people have heard about. And I'm not talking about the academy award winning Crash, that movie was mediocre at best, I'm talking about the David Cronenberg movie, it is amazing. I recommend everybody watch it. The premise is really enticing.

Wow, you're absolutely right. I just watched Walkabout and it's really something special. It left me feeling quite sad, actually, but in a thought-provoking way. I'm sure it'll stay with me for a while...

How do you rate Insignificance? The situation between the iconic characters seems intriguing. I'm waiting on the Criterion release, which is said to be around the corner.

It's not a complete success, and not in the same league as his best work, but it's fascinating and very much worth seeing. The biggest asset is the performance of Theresa Russell, she's just mesmerizing.

Wan't to watch a good movie tonight, but can't think of any at all..

You seen any u wan't to recommend?

A great action film would rock, one that does'nt require me thinking... A comedy is cool too :xmasssanta:

Has to be out on dvd.

Really would appreciate it

Is anyone else here familiar with a tiny little 90s indie called The Daytrippers? It's a sweet film, not great or anything, but one I'm overly attatched too, and hardly anyone I know has seen it.

Is anyone else here familiar with a tiny little 90s indie called The Daytrippers? It's a sweet film, not great or anything, but one I'm overly attatched too, and hardly anyone I know has seen it.

rings a distinct bell...

rings a distinct bell...

What, you need prompts? Parker Posey. Liev Schrieber. A car. A couple of people who are related to Ben Stiller. Um, Stanley Tucci. Amusing exchanges about aristorcacy vs democracy. Etc.

rings a distinct bell...

What, you need prompts? Parker Posey. Liev Schrieber. A car. A couple of people who are related to Ben Stiller. Um, Stanley Tucci. Amusing exchanges about aristorcacy vs democracy. Etc.

think i caught it in passing on TV maybe cuz it rings a bell...must not've been ever so spectacular if i cant remember it..gotta stop smoking pot and watching movies. did that with the Lost Boys and to this day i dunno what the fuck its about :lol: vampires or something. i just have this distinct memory of a bunch of kids taking like....vertically upward flight if that makes sense??? no??

Edited by ffrankwhite

rings a distinct bell...

think i caught it in passing on TV maybe cuz it rings a bell...must not've been ever so spectacular if i cant remember it

Or you suck. Just offering a different perspective on the situation, don't shoot the messenger (or disparage stuff she likes).

..gotta stop smoking pot and watching movies. did that with the Lost Boys and to this day i dunno what the fuck its about :lol: vampires or something. i just have this distinct memory of a bunch of kids taking like....vertically upward flight if that makes sense??? no??

Since when do you care about making sense? And yes, The Lost Boys is about vampires, lame but endearing 80s teen flick heaven.

Or you suck. Just offering a different perspective on the situation, don't shoot the messenger (or disparage stuff she likes).

im sorry, i thought you said you WEREN'T overly attached to it :lol: Oh in that case its wonderful and fabulous and spectacular and...yeah, all of that :lol:

speaking of corny 80s shit, ever see Date With An Angel?

im sorry, i thought you said you WEREN'T overly attached to it :lol: Oh in that case its wonderful and fabulous and spectacular and...yeah, all of that :lol:

If it's what I'm thinking of, and starred Phoebe Cates and Emmanuelle Beart then...yes. :lol:

im sorry, i thought you said you WEREN'T overly attached to it :lol: Oh in that case its wonderful and fabulous and spectacular and...yeah, all of that

If it's what I'm thinking of, and starred Phoebe Cates and Emmanuelle Beart then...yes.

exactly!!! bang on!! and i bet'cha dug it too :lol: