Film Thread

ssiscool

I thought the hosting was terrible. Both of them looked super nervous and awkward. It was painful to watch some parts. Anne's laugh - wow seriously? Sooo fake. I don't know what happened to them, I usually love them both. They were definitely overwhelmed by their task.

And the awards? Well predictable. Also the speeches were boring, the fashion was meh. Overall pretty lame show last night. The only things I enjoyed were the short movie at the begging and Kirk Douglas speech that made me laugh. I can't believe I had only 2 hours of sleep for this.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Bale def deserved the win easily, he is just too fun to watch take on great roles. Him and Melissa Leo carried that movie.

Agreed. I actually went to see The Fighter last night. Kinda predictable, as most sports movies are, but I enjoyed it.

My only grip Walhberg. I have a hard time taking him serious as an actor. It's my own fault...its just that I grew up with him as Marky Mark, so its kinda hard for me to erase that from my memory. Sorta like how Baby Boomers underrate all of Elvis's films; They knew him as musician first, not an actor. Personal gripe, nothing more..doesn't mean Walhberg wasn't decent.

Also, I didn't see what was so great about Amy Adam's performance. Serviceable job, but nothing memorable.

All and all, a good film.

Edited by SunnyDRE

They definitely need a comic to host the Oscars. Last night was painful to watch. At least Anne Hathaway tried, but Franco was dull. Of course, that may have been by design. And has been mentioned, Trent Reznor winning an Oscar was surreal. I'm happy for him, it was just weird to see him up there in a tux.

They definitely need a comic to host the Oscars. Last night was painful to watch. At least Anne Hathaway tried, but Franco was dull. Of course, that may have been by design. And has been mentioned, Trent Reznor winning an Oscar was surreal. I'm happy for him, it was just weird to see him up there in a tux.

yea a comedian is the way to go, once billy crystal took the stage I kinda didn't want him to leave

tumblr_lhbxdmsQx91qz50dao1_500.jpg

Obviously the best part of the night.

it was a great soundtrack, there were a lot of good choices this year including Inception with Hans Zimmer

yeah..(not to be different), but i think the inception soundtrack should have won. everyone i knew who saw the movie.. that was the first thing they spoke about...the score.

even those that didn't like the movie talked about how good score was.

SN soundtrack was good, but inception's was great.

i love this so much...crazysexycool:

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest Len B'stard

Jumpin', your opinions get worse by the day. :no:

I hope you aren't going senile or getting Alzheimer's :(

:lol: That'll be the day.

I imagined you saying that in a kind slurry John Wayne-in-the-Searchersesque drawl :lol:

tumblr_lhbxdmsQx91qz50dao1_500.jpg

Obviously the best part of the night.

it was a great soundtrack, there were a lot of good choices this year including Inception with Hans Zimmer

yeah..(not to be different), but i think the inception soundtrack should have won. everyone i knew who saw the movie.. that was the first thing they spoke about...the score.

even those that didn't like the movie talked about how good score was.

SN soundtrack was good, but inception's was great.

i love this so much...crazysexycool:

yea the inception soundtrack was pretty epic, Zimmer does some amazing stuff, the best part of his work on Inception was his inclusion of guitar on many of the tracks, it just added a nice little touch of a electronic / industrial sound. I just downloaded the two bonus tracks that werent included on the soundtrack, great stuff :thumbsup:

The only thing i had against the Inception Score was that it wasnt new. It sounded exactly like other Zimmer work from the last 10 years. Still great and amazing, but i felt SN had a different sound, and it fit the film perfectly as well (not that Inception's did not).

Plus Fincher got robbed again

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I'm being forced to go see Paul this week. How bad is it?

Got okay reviews didn't it?

Yeah but it looks like one of those stupid funny kind of fillums and that annoys me :scared: