Film Thread

ssiscool

"Director Darren Aronofsky (42 years) abandoned fiction project "The Wolverine" produced by 20th Century Fox, a sequel of the adventure drama "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in 2009, which was directed by Gavin Hood, from a script that bore the signatures of David Benioff and Skip Woods.

Famous for cryptic film, shocking and difficult to decipher the lines like "The Fountain", "Pi" or "Requiem for a Dream, Darren Aronofsky has been regarded from the beginning an unusual choice by fans of the franchise" X-Men " movies , his art films have nothing in common with an adaptation of a comic series. "

http://www.dailygossip.org/director-david-aronofsky-leaves-the-set-of-the-wolverine-879

-----

kinda bummed to hear that. i was looking forward to his take on wolverine. maybe they grab sam raimi? (spiderman 2)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That movie was slow but I liked it. Prefered 310 to Yuma.

Battle Los Angeles kicks ass. Gears of War meets Cloverfield.

Oh, Charlie! :no:

Battle::LA was pretty kickass!

Black Swan is very overrated too.

Battle LA looks soo stupid, but probaly from what a few of you are saying I will give it a shot. I will let you in.

That movie was slow but I liked it. Prefered 310 to Yuma.

Battle Los Angeles kicks ass. Gears of War meets Cloverfield.

Oh, Charlie! :no:

It was big, very dumb and impossiblyloud. The dialogue was unintentionally funny but I enjoyed the whole experience. Very Post-Empire.

It was big, very dumb and impossiblyloud. The dialogue was unintentionally funny but I enjoyed the whole experience. Very Post-Empire.

I'm fine with big, dumb and impossibly loud. But not with movies that were clearly shot on someone's iPhone, apparently when they were drunk. It's the worst, most amateurishly shot big budget film I've ever seen. It's stupefying.

Edited by Angelica

I'm fine with big, dumb and impossibly loud. But not with movies that were clearly shot on someone's iPhone, apparently when they were drunk. It's the worst, most amateurishly shot big budget film I've ever seen. It's stupefying.

I liked that it gave it more realism, terror. Like Cloverfield, not sure might be same director. like if you were in that situation. the problem with Salvation is that given all the potential it was shot in a boring way. This is back to baiscs, unstoppable Terminators hunting you down. No talking robots either.

The things wrong with it for me were when it came for Eckhart to deliver a rousing monlogue he failed and the ending was just not done very convincingly. like the final battle wasn't believable, but by then I was satisfied. Time to hit the bricks.

Edited by wasted

The Lincoln Lawyer. Not sure about Matty McCaughneheyey but I'm a big Harry Bosch fan, this is Micey Haller who saved his ass in Nine Dragons. There's only three Haller books and about 15 Bosch ones so why they don't make Echo Park or Concrete Blonde?

The Lincoln Lawyer. Not sure about Matty McCaughneheyey but I'm a big Harry Bosch fan, this is Micey Haller who saved his ass in Nine Dragons. There's only three Haller books and about 15 Bosch ones so why they don't make Echo Park or Concrete Blonde?

Haven't seen The Lincoln Lawyer yet, but seems like a lot of people were impressed/surprised by it being quite good.

Haven't seen The Lincoln Lawyer yet, but seems like a lot of people were impressed/surprised by it being quite good.

I expected it to suck, but actually the books are well plotted, good characters, best crime writer since Ellroy..and that's what people are saying tight story good characters. like that is something in short supply lol

Nine Dragons would be awesome if they find the right Harry Bosch, it would have to be a slightly younger gene hackman type. Echo Park would be good start off, back when Harry was fighting with PD and the criminals and himself. i didnt read them in order but I think at start he's corrupt or you know a loose canon on the LAPD, solving cases his way. this Haller character pops up to bail him out of jail.

It's a little late, but I just saw MacGruber - that 30 second skit on SNL with Will Forte that they made into a full blown movie.

I was thinking that it'd be an absolute bomb of a film and that I'd return it immediately cuz half of the time the skit is awful on tv..

But surprise surprise some great one liners & was funnier than the bomb that was Hall Pass

I don't think it's a joke, but the first time I heard the song I laughed my ass off! Laughed out very loud!

It's just the times we live in. An era of the absurd. Embrace the insanity! If you like it, great; if you don't, just laugh at it and move on.

IF ANYONE GETS A CHANCE TOO WATCH NUNS ON THE RUN THEN DO IT CLASSIC BRITISH COMEDY,

It's a little late, but I just saw MacGruber - that 30 second skit on SNL with Will Forte that they made into a full blown movie.

I was thinking that it'd be an absolute bomb of a film and that I'd return it immediately cuz half of the time the skit is awful on tv..

But surprise surprise some great one liners & was funnier than the bomb that was Hall Pass

i loved it. espec. the dick sucking references, but i think the best part of the movie was the car / taking his stereo with him everywhere.

saw Paul tonight, I thought it was pretty good, pretty funny :)

I'd only seen the preview on tv once or twice before going but didn't really pay attention to it, and didn't really know what it was about, so it was a pleasant surprise (I was told just before going in that it was just about an alien who escapes from the gov't)

Anyone else liked "Les Rivières pourpres" (The Crimson Rivers)? I watched it last night. I liked Jean Reno and Vincent Cassel, the story was a bit out there but really fitting for a movie like that. Those two cops with Vincent Cassel were annoying tho.

i loved it. espec. the dick sucking references, but i think the best part of the movie was the car / taking his stereo with him everywhere.

those parts were good- but the best part in the film has to go to MacGruber's love making skills! - one of the better sex scenes i've seen :rofl-lol:

After Blockbuster didn't have Robocop. I said fuck 'em. Now I have netflix. Queued up Dark City and Internal Affairs. I feel like a giddy little child whose parents finally let him walk down to Action Video.

does Netflix have Hardware? I can't find it anywhere.

After Blockbuster didn't have Robocop. I said fuck 'em. Now I have netflix. Queued up Dark City and Internal Affairs. I feel like a giddy little child whose parents finally let him walk down to Action Video.

does Netflix have Hardware? I can't find it anywhere.

That it does.