Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought paul was somewhat fun, but not all that funny. i had a few good lol's but i felt overall underwhelmed in the comedy department.

on a side note, i love kristen wiig, despite the fact shes a woman.

Edited by Jackie Moon

I watched Beautiful Girls last night.

I thought this could be the sequel to Singles, where some of 'em are more grown up now. Plus it had Matt Dillon in it, who I quite like as an actor ever since I saw him as that longhaired, dumb Grunge dude in Singles. :D Sometimes it felt a bit over the top and that lead actor wasn't really good, but all in all an enjoyable little flick.

I thought this could be the sequel to Singles, where some of 'em are more grown up now. Plus it had Matt Dillon in it, who I quite like as an actor ever since I saw him as that longhaired, dumb Grunge dude in Singles. :D Sometimes it felt a bit over the top and that lead actor wasn't really good, but all in all an enjoyable little flick.

RIP Ted Demme.

Beautiful Girls is very enoyable and Portman was quite "cute" in her role. Demme had a great little run as a director before he died. Loved The Ref and Blow is great as well.

<sigh> Whigs cameo! :wub:

My friend just let me borrow the town on blu ray. Is it going to be worth my time?

I thought the town was great.

Saw Suckerpunch tonight and loved it. It was nice to see what Zack Snyder can do with his own story because I am a big fan of both 300 and Watchmen (especially, watchmen).

Also, anyone debating on seeing Hall Pass, don't. I saw it a week ago or so and it was terrible. Take me home tonight on the other hand was great romantic comedy with an old 80's type feel.

My friend just let me borrow the town on blu ray. Is it going to be worth my time?

I thought the town was great.

Saw Suckerpunch tonight and loved it. It was nice to see what Zack Snyder can do with his own story because I am a big fan of both 300 and Watchmen (especially, watchmen).

Also, anyone debating on seeing Hall Pass, don't. I saw it a week ago or so and it was terrible. Take me home tonight on the other hand was great romantic comedy with an old 80's type feel.

Thanks. I really want to see take me home tonite.

Finally got around to printing out my $12 coupon to see Drive Angry and soon came to found out that it isn't showing in any of my local theaters anymore. God-fucking-dammit. Oh well, I just buy it on 3D Blu-Ray at the end of May. :shrugs: (Still pissed, though)

Also, looking forward to buy and watching Tangled in 3D next week. I have two $5 coupons from Disney Movie Rewards (^_^) so I'll be able to get it for $20. :)

Also, very much looking forward to getting this when it hits shelves in two weeks. Hoping there are going to be some Coupons from Disney for that, as well (or at least from Coupons.com), because even though the $50 price tag is actually a good deal, it's still steep for myself... Regardless, I'm going to buy that bitch. B)

Sucker Punch is an...experience. I don't believe I've ever seen a film quite so contemptuous of coherence and structure and my eardrums. It does have a modicum of that so-bad-it's-mesmerizing quality that I'm highly susceptible too (I enjoyed Burlesque for chrissake), but alas not quite enough of it to outweigh the fact that it's basically one big, long, excruciatingly loud rape fantasy. Yick.

I'm sort of looking at Source Code. other than that The Wolfman on cinemax.

Sucker Punch soundtrack is pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing visuals to the rap version of I Want It All and way over the top covers of White Rabbit and Tomorrow Never Knows.

Edited by wasted