Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higher Learning - Ice Cube, Busta Rhymes, Omar Epps, Tyra Banks, LARRRRRYYY Fishburne

REALLLLLLLLLLLLY preachy John Singleton film. kept thinkin 'i've seen your daughter with a cock in her mouth' :unsure:

Superfly - Ron O Neal, best film in the world ever ever ever ever!

Columbo Loves the Nightlife too!

Higher learning was one of my favs movies back then. I need to see it again. "Let me see your id". "Na, let me see yo id". (represent)

Watched Dark City for the first time in awhile. Been a few years, and I watched the Director's Cut this time around. For anyone who hasn't seen it the DC is definitely the way to go. The recut uses a yellow-green filter which is much more appropriate given the style of the film and its content, and you're not spoon fed the story line from the start and that in itself adds another dimension to the film. Basically, and not to ruin the film for anyone who hasn't seen it, the film has a similar feel as The Matrix, except you don't feel like you've woken up inside a techno-raving hacker's wet dream; instead you've woken up inside of Smashking Pumpkin's fan's head who is obsessed with film-noir and supporting actresses' who actually look like woman.

One of my favourite SF-films of all time.

i've been on an erotic thriller binge lately, mostly getting into the golden age of big-budget shlock - the early 90's. tons of seedy characters, horrible baggy fashion and world music wailing

and man, sharon stone used to be gorgeous

It's INSANE how hot she is in Basic Instict considering she's a psychotic killer...a crazy beautiful one though.

Guest Len B'stard

and now we wait to see if angelica is going to rip you a new vag.

Actually last i check Angie didn't think much of Citizen Kane compared to other work of Mr Welles. I think it's fuckin amazing though, one of the most beautiful photographed movies i've ever seen.

246kgva.jpg

Technically and aesthetically, Debord’s films are among the most brilliantly innovative works in the history of the cinema. But they are really not so much “works of art” as subversive provocations. In my opinion, they are the most important radical films ever made, not just because they express the most profound radical perspective of the last century, but because they have had no real cinematic competition. Many films have exposed this or that aspect of modern society, but Debord’s are the only ones that embody a consistent critique of the whole global system.

Introduction to Guy Debord’s Complete Cinematic Works : http://www.bopsecrets.org/SI/debord.films/intro.htm

and now we wait to see if angelica is going to rip you a new vag.

Actually last i check Angie didn't think much of Citizen Kane compared to other work of Mr Welles. I think it's fuckin amazing though, one of the most beautiful photographed movies i've ever seen.

He memorizes all my posts, it's a adorable! :thumbsup: And it's true, I don't hold with the Citizen Kane is the best film evah! crowd. It was innovative, impressive and important as hell and the entire landscape of Western film would be dramatically different if it hadnt existed...blah blah blah...and it's also strident and flawed and obvious and nowhere near Welles' best work.

Higher Learning is the funniest shit. It's so desperately sincere in it's message about looking beneath the surface and not judging people based on factors like race and sexuality, meanwhile, every single character is a raging cliche based on their race and/or sexuality. Those Saul Bass ripoff opening credits are pretty nifty, though.

Edited by Angelica

I saw Young Guns, it was pretty entertaining. I'll make you famous.

I started watching Beneath and switched it off after the first sister got burned alive and survived and the other was crippled. fuck that.

Guest Len B'stard
He memorizes all my posts, it's a adorable! :thumbsup: And it's true, I don't hold with the Citizen Kane is the best film evah! crowd. It was innovative, impressive and important as hell and the entire landscape of Western film would be dramatically different if it hadnt existed...blah blah blah...and it's also strident and flawed and obvious and nowhere near Welles' best work.

*stands on a chair n looks down on her*

Higher Learning is the funniest shit. It's so desperately sincere in it's message about looking beneath the surface and not judging people based on factors like race and sexuality, meanwhile, every single character is a raging cliche based on their race and/or sexuality. Those Saul Bass ripoff opening credits are pretty nifty, though.

translation: i liked it but my education told me not to :P

*stands on a chair n looks down on her*

Do you think it's his best film? Better than Touch of Evil or The Magnificent Ambersons? If you do, it's me who's looking down on you, and I doubt I need to stand on a chair to do so. :tongue2:

Higher Learning is the funniest shit. It's so desperately sincere in it's message about looking beneath the surface and not judging people based on factors

like race and sexuality, meanwhile, every single character is a raging cliche based on their race and/or sexuality. Those Saul Bass ripoff opening credits are pretty nifty, though.

translation: i liked it but my education told me not to :P

Oh, I never pretended I don't enjoy that shit! :rofl-lol:

Edited by Angelica

that's director of Moon? David Bowie's son, David Jones? Source Code.

Yep. Actually his name is Duncan Jones. Moon was really good as well. Wow his first two films have been awesome, really bright future.

Guest Len B'stard
Do you think it's his best film? Better than Touch of Evil or The Magnificent Ambersons? If you do, it's me who's looking down on you, and I doubt I need to stand on a chair to do so.

I dunno about best or worses and i dunno how i'd figure that out its definitely everything the hype says it is...definitely. And Ang', you'd have to stand on a chair just to kiss my arse :D

Oh, I never pretended I don't enjoy that shit!

That lesbian scene had to be the best. Turned off guys by rape, meets a strange L7 fan type who just KNOWSSS how she feels :lol: Whats cutest about it is that he's HONESTLY trying, bless his little Singleton cotton socks.

I saw Young Guns, it was pretty entertaining. I'll make you famous.

I started watching Beneath and switched it off after the first sister got burned alive and survived and the other was crippled. fuck that.

"Yoo-hoo - I'll make you famous" is from the second film, not the first!