Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobo With A Shotgun

Hm. Can't say I overly enjoyed it. Maybe I would have liked it more if I watched it with someone else.

is it pretty much a white machete? that's what the trailer made it seem like.

In a sense, somewhat. But, I enjoyed Machete a lot more. Hobo was just kind of... odd.

Guest Len B'stard

The Other Half - Danny Dyer. Danny plays a fella on his honeymoon whoose conspired to make it so his honeymoon is in Portugal where the Euro Cup finals are happening and he has three tickets to see England play and has to somehow work those into his honeymoon without his wife figuring out what a conniving bastard he is. Good fun.

Georgy Girl - Lynn Redgrave, James Mason, Alan Bates, Charlotte Rampling. A movie about a girl called Georgina whoose kind of ordinary and childlike and very confused by romance and such who lives with her friend whoose basically smart and pretty and hip and everything she isn't and finds herself in a love triangle of sorts, with James Mason as the person her parents work for and who also has a romantic interest in her. Really cool movie, sort of British New Wave social realism stuff, i really like it, it's something that suffers from synopsises though because the movie is about so much more than what the basic story stucture suggests

Guest Len B'stard

Watched Scorsese's After Hours on TV last night... Yeah... What the hell was that? Didn't impress me at all. :shrugs:

I really liked it, i think its one of Martys best along with Mean Streets Boxcar Bertha and Taxi Driver.

Guest Len B'stard

The Little Mermaid with my little niece. FUCKING HELL!!! Questionsss!!! Uncle, do crabs have shells? Uncle, is Ariel naked? Uncle, do fish speak a language we can't understand? Uncle, are fish fingers made of Ariel?

*screams* :lol:

Watching The Long Kiss Goodnight... tonight. It's been years.

what the hell

me too

Did the same recently...wasn't as good as I thought it was when I was 12.

popquiz: Shane Black sold the script for the movie for something like $4 million...fuck, I need to start writing action scripts.

Just watched True Romance

I stayed away from that film for the longest time because the title sounded like a wimpy Eat Pray Love type of movie

But as soon as I heard it was a Tarantino film and found out who was in the cast I rushed out and rented it, and it rocked! Best movie I have seen in a while

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

Billy Liar - really cool movie with something courtnay and leonard rossiter about a guy called Billy who, to escape his mundane boring existence spins webs of lies and lives a fantasy in his head that has him engaged to two different women and on his way to London to become a scriptwriter and all sorts of shennanigans.

Colors - Robert Duvall, Sean Penn...directed by Dennis Hopper, cool bloods/crips/latino gangs/cop type movie. Not as good as i thought it'd be though.

Watched something else too but im fucked if i can remember what it was, had sort of like a pot weekend, oh yeah, The Players Club with Lisa Raye, Jamie Foxx, Bernie Mac, suprised me, i sat down for some good ol' fashioned light hearted hood entertainment but it's actually quite a feminist piece in an odd way.