Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rite was pretty boring.

I agree. I saw that when it was in theaters and I think unless you are super religious and the whole "being possessed" thing rally gets to you, all those movies just start to seem the same and they get pretty dull. Though, I will say, Anthony Hopkins was pretty good in it, but that's no surprise.

I agree. I saw that when it was in theaters and I think unless you are super religious and the whole "being possessed" thing rally gets to you, all those movies just start to seem the same and they get pretty dull. Though, I will say, Anthony Hopkins was pretty good in it, but that's no surprise.

Yeah, I do agree that he was really good in it. Same for Thor which I saw tonight and really enjoyed.

Yeah, I do agree that he was really good in it. Same for Thor which I saw tonight and really enjoyed.

yeah I think mostly everyone was great in THOR. It didn't really need kat dennings comic relief role as Thor was pretty humorous himself when on earth. Either way, I loved the movie. I actually just got a 12'x5' vinyl banner for it from my friend who works at a theatre so I'm pretty stoked on that.

yeah I think mostly everyone was great in THOR. It didn't really need kat dennings comic relief role as Thor was pretty humorous himself when on earth. Either way, I loved the movie. I actually just got a 12'x5' vinyl banner for it from my friend who works at a theatre so I'm pretty stoked on that.

Lucky bitch -__-

And yeah, Thor was pretty funny while on earth.

When he smashed the cup in the diner :lol:

The whole movie was kind of a prologue with a handful of action, for the next movie, if you think about it. But the first main action scene was badass, and if that's the kind of stuff the second movie will hopefully consist of, I already approve.

Also, Stan Lee's cameo was funny ^_^

Lucky bitch -__-

The whole movie was kind of a prologue with a handful of action, for the next movie, if you think about it. But the first main action scene was badass, and if that's the kind of stuff the second movie will hopefully consist of, I already approve.

haha yeah his cameo was super funny...apparently, the first guy that goes up and tries to move the hammer is someone from marvel as well that made a cameo, I forget his name though.

Yeah, it definitely is a setup for avengers and thor 2 if it definitly gets made. I know the actors (including portman) are signed on for 2 sequels and with how good it did, already being at over 300million worldwide, I think we'll at least get one sequel.

"I'll have another!!!" *smash*, that was hilarious. I also liked the "I need a horse" line.

Edited by Stiff Competition

Guest Len B'stard

Harder They Fall - Humphrey Bogart and Rod Steiger, a movie about a guy who gets hired on by a boxing promotor as a press agent for a good natured thick-as-a-fucking-plank gentle giant type who basically gets used and guided to heavyweight contendership through a bunch of fixed fights and the resultant effect that has on him and Bogie and all those around him. Movie stars two old heavyweight champions in Jersey Joe Walcott and Max Baer, REALLY seriously good movie, written by Budd Schulberg who also wrote On the Waterfront, can't praise the movie enough, sort of a tailend of the 50s movie and it shows that Bogie really deserved the AFI greatest leading man of all time accolade cuz...the guy was progressing, even at that point there's subtlties to his performance that are like....a world apart from his earlier stuff, i suppose you're a veteran after that many years at it. Really a fitting end to his career, amazing film...and Rod Steigers fucking great in it, Steiger was fuckin magnificent, especially morer when he was young, fucking brilliant actor, one of the very very best, so expressive for that day and age and generation of actors.

The more you watch movies the more you discover that the whole accepted history book thing of Monty Clift, Jimmy Dean and Marlon Brando being this fucking new guard that totally flipped acting on his head is, true to some extent but also just lazy journalism trying to give the history books the narrative of a fucking parable...there is shades of that new class of acting as far back as Jimmy Cagney, John Garfield, Paul Muni. There is a degree of ignorance towards the artists of the studio system and post-studio system films that their movies were like...product (which they were i suppose but then so are the movies today) moreso than an artistic endeavour but i think it's to the credit of those old folk that within the stringent framework of the studio/mogul era they managed to get a degree of artistry in there whilst still maintaining the commercial aspect, it's a balancing act and a talent in and of itself. Cuz any filmmaker can just go out to lunch and make "the movie i wanted to make" but to make the movie EVERYBODY wants to see, from the artsy fartsy folk to your man on the street who wants lots of explosions and a pair of bigguns, THATS fuckin talent.

Talk to Alfred Hitchcock ;) No, wait, invent a time machine THEN go talk to Alfred Hitchcock.

Lucky bitch -__-

haha yeah his cameo was super funny...apparently, the first guy that goes up and tries to move the hammer is someone from marvel as well that made a cameo, I forget his name though.

Yeah, it definitely is a setup for avengers and thor 2 if it definitly gets made. I know the actors (including portman) are signed on for 2 sequels and with how good it did, already being at over 300million worldwide, I think we'll at least get one sequel.

"I'll have another!!!" *smash*, that was hilarious. I also liked the "I need a horse" line.

Yeah, both of those scenes were great. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out. :thumbsup: