Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mesrine. no english subtitles but my french is semi terrible. I can imagine what they are saying. first part was pretty good.

:thumbsup:

Thinking about picking up Sin City on blu-ray.

Opinions, anyone? I've never seen it.

Didn't like it after first viewing but started to love it years later. Awesome movie. Could be fucking impressive on Bluray.

According to the blu-ray site I frequent, it's one of the best looking for bluray and is total eye candy. Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

I more season of Oz to go and I'm 6 episodes into The Soprano's and I love the show.

OZ was the shit. Nothing like some old school HBO series. OZ, Deadwood, Six Feet Under.... maaaaaan, I miss those.

The first season was exceptional. The first half of the fourth season as well (chronicling Adebisi's rise to the top). The rest of it, not quite so. Still good, but they were kinda struggling with the stories. But in those two periods, where they had a clear direction, with a coherent story arc building up to a grand climax, it truly was THE SHIT!

I more season of Oz to go and I'm 6 episodes into The Soprano's and I love the show.

OZ was the shit. Nothing like some old school HBO series. OZ, Deadwood, Six Feet Under.... maaaaaan, I miss those.

The first season was exceptional. The first half of the fourth season as well (chronicling Adebisi's rise to the top). The rest of it, not quite so. Still good, but they were kinda struggling with the stories. But in those two periods, where they had a clear direction, with a coherent story arc building up to a grand climax, it truly was THE SHIT!

The 2nd season was probably my favorite.

Agree 100%. When they came up with stories such as Clutier being buried then coming back, or the experiment with the aging drugs.....not to mention Jaz Hoyt's big reveal....it kind of slipped. That being said, Keller is, was, and will always be a beast.

"I said give me my fucking penance!"

Anacondas 3. the snakes weren't really believeable but over all it was good enough action flick.

Mesrine 1 & 2 was pretty epic. kind of like Scarface meets Carlos.

Edited by wasted

I really wanted to see that, but it never showed in any theaters around here. I'll probably either buy it on blu-ray when it comes out or download it.

EDIT: Also, really looking forward to the The Muppets. ^_^

The fart shoe's and the Swedish Chef bit. :rofl-lol:

the narrative is simple enough but there's scope in the world for cool stuff to happen. like the Dothraki, walkers and wildthings, selling your sister to become king. there's a ruthless dark humor to it.

the narrative is simple enough but there's scope in the world for cool stuff to happen. like the Dothraki, walkers and wildthings, selling your sister to become king. there's a ruthless dark humor to it.

Narrativ egets a lot better later on. The first season is basicly nothing more than an introduction.

Narrativ egets a lot better later on. The first season is basicly nothing more than an introduction.

I'm ready to go over The Wall. how many seasons are there? how many eps in the first season?

Just saw Super 8...entertaining, but I kind of felt like it was trying to be too many different types of movies.

Also, it's not believable why the main guy would hate Ron Eldard, once you figure out why he does. They should have gone with the obvious.

I'm ready to go over The Wall. how many seasons are there? how many eps in the first season?

10 eps in the first season. Second is only coming out in a year or so.

10 eps in the first season. Second is only coming out in a year or so.

it's starting to get more interesting the Fat King wants to kill the Dothraki queen. Bran getting paralized is so wrong.